cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

in my opinion feedback the way it is done on eBay is not a good reflection of a seller, peoples opinions vary and can end up altering your feedback score for example a buyer says it took a long time to ship that is a matter of opinion and in most cases if something is shipped and delivered in 5-7 business days that is not to long, I offer free shipping and use first class mail parcel select etc sometimes it takes up to 9 business days i usually ship within 3-4 days of receiving payment and i have had 1 or 2 buyers say took a long time to ship and left that as negative feedback, the point i am making is the general public should not be able to see customer comments,

eBay should use a rating system like their star color with a feedback % rating only should be visible to general public and  feedback either positive negative or neutral should be seen by eBay on the backend and a formula should be used to calculate the rating % and a color star should just be used that's it. And if a buyer or seller does not leave feedback after 30 days it should be factored into the rating as a positive, very simple & fair for buyers & sellers and takes individual opinions out of the equation. just my opinion and thoughts and i have sent eBay messages suggesting this method, they have not evolved their feedback system since the day it started time for a change!!!!!

Message 106 of 333
latest reply

I've got a brainy idea. E-bay needs to implement a reciprocative system in which neither party's feedback becomes public until both have left feedback. Or does that make too much sense?

Message 107 of 333
latest reply

Excellent idea, I made a sale recently to someone who had feedback of 800+ and had NEVER left feedback for anyone else.

Message 108 of 333
latest reply

Seriously. It's not fair that I sell an item and have gone through the work to go to the post office and I leave them feedback just for paying??? And I get nothing...

Message 109 of 333
latest reply

I have had a lot of issues with buyers.  They make such a drama over a silly case.  They look for things to sabotage your feedback in order to get money.  I sold little figurines to a person and after she got it she said that she needed $10 for glue because they "broke".  Even though I wrapped well and there was no proof that they were broken I still sent her the money because she said if I didn't she would leave negative feedback.  This buyer should be reported.  Ebay does nothing to protect sellers from buyers like these!!!!!!! 

Message 110 of 333
latest reply

Message 111 of 333
latest reply

I have 5 people who have not left me feedback,2 of which are no longer regesterd on ebay.Recenlty someone bought and item off me and got the item in 1 day as i sent it 1st class.The person only has 4 feedback including mine, that i gave the person and i am worried that i will not get any feedback from the person. As for the peole who are no longer on ebay, it seems that feedback is gone forever.

I find that if people take to long to leave feedback, they just wont do it. I do message the pepole who i still need feeedback from and ask them to leave it, but they seems to ignore the message and do not bother.

I wish that ebay would make some sort of system that would automaticlly give the seller postive feedback if the buyer does not give you (the seller) feedback within say 1 week of you posting the item. The feedback system i feel is very impotant as others can see your feedback which helps them in decideing if they souhld buy from you or not.

Message 112 of 333
latest reply

I have tried not to let the lack of acknoedgement via feedback from a buyer bother saying "no news is could news", but recently I started counting the lack of feedback over the last year, and it exceeds over 100!

Well, 100+ transactions without buyer acknowledgment is unacceptable.. I know I have their money, but why should I pack and ship in one day, jump through hoops communicating to the buyer, and leaving feedback for them as so as I print a label??

I quess the only thing I get out of these sales in some money after ebay and paypal take THEIR 13%!

I would probably get the same result from buyers if I shiipped and communicated when I felt like it??

I feel lthe feedback system, along with most other ebay creations has become ineffective even destructive!

Message 113 of 333
latest reply

In the past, it was common for me to get upwards of 90+ percent buyers leaving feedback for me. Now? For the past 6 months, I'm lucky to get 1 out of 3 buyers leaving feedback. Not sure if something changed, or people are too busy/dont care. I'd like to know the transaction went smoothly and that the buyers are satisfied but I hear nothing most of the time. 

Message 114 of 333
latest reply

ya you are right. I have 9 people who have not left me feedback .my packaging is impeccable .e-bay should do something. it makes you to not want to leave positive feedback .**bleep** off in snowy Mass.

Message 115 of 333
latest reply

This is a great idea. eBay should implement this.

Message 116 of 333
latest reply

they won't seems they are bent on hring people who have no english speaking abilites let alone understand what sellers go through and the extortion sellers deal with on a daily basis. Ebay, your time is running out. 

Message 117 of 333
latest reply

I agree they are killing the market with their biased and ludicrous automated decisions! The automatic ebay decision ,maker needs shooting!
Message 118 of 333
latest reply

I'd like to mention one thing... As a buyer it just makes NO sense at all to leave feedback before receiving the item. So having eBay do it automatically after one week just doesn't make ANY sense.
I've bought hundreds of things on eBay over the last 12 years and I've always left feedback as soon as I receive my item. I expect the seller however to leave feedback the second they send of my item because I on my end have fulfilled my obligations 100% (paying promptly etc). Lots of times the sellers do not leave feedback I have noticed. I also had it happen a few times that sellers leave feedback AFTER I received my item and left feedback for them. That really **bleep** me off! Why wait till I leave feedback?? I've done my part so I deserve 100% good feedback right away.
I also ended up waiting for items for up to 2 months (which is absolutely ridiculous even when it comes all the way from China or Timbuktu) and by the time I finally receive the item I can't leave feedback anymore... Not sure why but eBay only gives users a certain time frame to leave feedback, and I'm obviously not leaving feedback without receiving an item.
So keep in mind that this happens VERY OFTEN I'm sure that people are not given the option anymore to leave feedback because they receive their item so late.
Message 119 of 333
latest reply

a negative feedback would have been deleted by ebay since she stated she would give you negative feedback unless she received money.. she would have also been suspended from ebay...

Message 120 of 333
latest reply