cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

You know not being a self-centered jerk and actually leaving feedback like you're supposed to would solve your problem of people messaging you wanting feedback.

Message 91 of 333
latest reply

In response to itflipsman,

As a seller on Ebay, I find it is buyers like you who are the problem, and make it difficult for sellers to achieve a solid, reputable background. Your comment was so arrogant; "I leave it when I want, if I want." That is just plain rude. If you've been a part of the Ebay community for a long time, you know that the feedback scoring system is an integral part of how this community works. It is courtesy and common sense as a buyer on Ebay to just...well...take a second to click a button and write a few words. Is it really that difficult? 

Obviously, you're not a seller? Because if the shoe were on the other foot, you would understand the frustration of courteous, prompt sellers who do everything they can to deliver an item, making for a smooth transaction for the buyer. Honestly, you would be **bleep** if you were a seller, trying to establish a positive reputation for yourself, and finding that time and again, buyers just plain don't take a micro second to click a button.

Why not reciprocate that courtesy? It's really very simple. Act like a human being and improve your manners or stop making transactions on Ebay...go somewhere else!

Foreverinbluejeansvintagedenim. 

Message 92 of 333
latest reply

I couldn't agree more! What an idiot. It's buyers like this clown who make it difficult for the sellers.

Message 93 of 333
latest reply

Sounds like a good idea. I'm so sick of that. I do everything right as a seller and this is how Ebay works...the feedback rating system is like a giant flag teling buyers that this person they don't know, and who they plan on buying an expensive item from, is reputable and they can be trusted! 

It ticks me off so much to do everything I can as a seller, including wrapping my items in tissue paper with a pretty ribbon and a thank you card, and people are so ignorant and so rude that they can't take a second to click a button to give me a positive....thanks for the crumb moron! 

Message 94 of 333
latest reply

Totally agree. 

HEY EBAY...ARE YO

U LISTENING? SELLERS ARE GETTING SCREWED HERE WITH THE FEEBACK STUFF. WE'RE DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT AND NOT GETTING ANY. PLEASE INTRODUCE AN AUTO RATING SYSTEM.

THANK YOU!

Message 95 of 333
latest reply

Having good feedback is a large part of being a seller. It is the reason sellers focus on getting their items to buyers. Their goal is to receive positive feedback. Since most sellers don't make very much money on eBay their focus is on positive ratings. Eventually, with enough positive ratings they may begin to sell more and start turning a profit. That is how eBay set up the system. When buyers fail to leave feedback it hurts the eBay community.

As a buyer I like to buy from sellers with high positive feedback ratings. Buyers provide these rating to sellers, which in turn increases sales.

As a seller I like to receive positive feedback because it helps my seller ratings. I work very hard to satisfy buyers with the hope of receiving positive feedback.

Therefore, buyers and sellers. Please leave feedback. It is common courtesy and necessary for eBay to work properly.

@lisajoybehrens wrote:

as a buyer only

i leave it when i want, if i want

im required to pay for the auctions i win, my responsibility is done

about a month ago i was accused of leaving bad DSRs and i didnt even leave the stupid star rating

i currently have one seller now who has now messaged me 14 times for feedback

and in all honesty i wish sellers would just focus on sending my item  promptly as described

Message 96 of 333
latest reply

Hi...  Feedback has become virtually useless... and the only time it is of any value is when a seller has a long list of fresh negative comments. Probably a good time to buy elsewhere .... As far as buyers its senseless, why they even bother is a mystery and time consuming for sellers...  I never look at buyers feedback. We no longer can warn other sellers of scam artists by leaving negative comments for those that deserve it. 

Message 97 of 333
latest reply

It stinks when you have to contact a buyer multiple times and then only some leave feedback. It is a big factor in who I buy from by the feedback they have, either buying or selling. And it's ridiculous that EBAY can't void a negative feedback from a buyer even if it is a legit reason. Example a woman bought a watch from me for $12 shipped and complained it had marks on the back, it was sold as a used watch! Either way i refunded the money and she still left negative feedback! They need to fix the feedback system, it's not like they don't have enough money to do it.

Message 98 of 333
latest reply

First of all, as a buyer I leave feedback after I've open the package and found my new item has arrived in good shape and I am happy, whether or not the seller has or will leave feedback for me.

As a seller, I leave feedback for my buyers on the day I see tracking shows the package has been delivered, with my thank you for their business... whether or not they leave feedback for me... ever.  And I wouldn't DREAM of contacting them again, asking for their feedback!  OMy..

Occasional buyers do eventually leave feedback.. weeks after the transaction completed.  Occasional sellers leave their feedbacks in huge batches, once a month or so.  We don't control who leaves feedback, since it's optional, and we certainly don't control WHEN other members have to leave their feedback.

For newer sellers who are wanting to get their feedback numbers built up much faster, many of us recommend they do a bit of buying on that account too.  I could rack up 20 feedbacks by the end of the day if I wanted to, just by shopping for a few items for my house and doing some of my Christmas shopping today.  Most sellers do leave feedback, so it's easy to get to a bit higher feedback number and into a higher Star Color quickly.  Then you can go ahead and use the ID as a selling ID only, if you intend it for just that purpose.  But it helps your numbers if you're getting impatient.

Good luck to all our newbie sellers!  The age-old advice still applies:  Work hard and keep your nose clean.  If you ever find yourself running into trouble, take a real close look at what you're doing and whether you can tighten up on anything.. photos, description, pricing, S & H charges, shipping time, etc.

And the feedback comes...

Message 99 of 333
latest reply

Most of the business that i do on Ebay is selling. Yes, I am a little unhappy when I don't receive feedback, but, the customer only has the obligation to pay for the product, period. Asking them to post feedback after a sale is rude in my opion. 

When I buy from Ebay I look at the feedback. If the rating is 99% or higher I will buy from them regardless of the number of feedback posts they have sold. I have been doing business on ebay since 2001, sold over 700 items and I have a score of 397. Not bad. But it takes time to build a score. I am waiting for the score to tip to 400. It will probably will happen after the next 25 sales.

Joyfulsoul

Message 100 of 333
latest reply

You can call ebay and request that they make a policy for sellers to receive default positive feedback after 30 days.

If enough members call and request this they will have no choice but to enact the policy. eBay generally doesn't listen to suggestions on message boards. However, when they are called in they are reported and documented.

Go to "help and Contact"

Type "I haven't received feedback"

Then select the "Contact eBay" tab

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusc?from_ocs=1&segmentId=19999&query=feedback&contextid=ba15c8a0-b346-4...

Message 101 of 333
latest reply

An automatic system would be nice, or more annoying reminder screens like every time the person logs in should show a screen to leave feedback. This screen should pop - up automatically after deliver is confirmed. But only if it was a purchased item. As for sellers, I usually recommend leaving feedback after shipping item, if you are like me and brought eBay a lot of big bucks if in return the person leaves a negative give them a call they always handle it fairly. I just sold over 50 item's in the past 3 days and at least 20 of them have been delivered and not a single feedback as of yet.
Message 102 of 333
latest reply

Well that's nice to know
You're blocked from my ebay pages!
Message 103 of 333
latest reply

Sorry, that was meant for lisajoybehrens - no wonder she has zero feedback!
Message 104 of 333
latest reply

Now, when I sell, I chk fb left for others for all my buyers. If they don't/haven't left  fb in 6 mos. I don't bother either.Especially when they have recd a bunch in last mo.. As I said earlier, I am more interested in $$$$ than fb. but it does help a slr out a little with discounts and credibilty from time to time.

Message 105 of 333
latest reply