cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

You are right. 

Message 76 of 333
latest reply

What I've taken to doing is this:  I look at a buyers feedback, both how much they have received and how much they have left.  If the numbers aren't close or if say perhaps the buyer stopped leaving feedback in 2009, I don't even bother.  

Message 77 of 333
latest reply

I just started selling and always leave feedback once the item is shipped and tracking number loaded. The way I look at is the buyer has spent hard earned cash for my product and that is feedback enough. If a buyer happens to leave a feedback then great, if not then that is fine also. Basically Ebay should go to a complaint system. Say if I sell 100 items and no complaints then 100% satisfaction. If I sell 100 items and have 50 complaints then there is a big issue. 9 times out of 10 if someone is not happy with your product you will know, and should make it good. If I buy something from the supermarket or department store, I don't hunt down the manager and thank him for selling it to me.

To make a long story longer, I believe the way EBAY uses the feedback system is detrimental to doing business.
Message 78 of 333
latest reply

I agree, buyers dont always leave feedback. they really really should because the buying experience is important to ebay and to the seller. I always leave feedback when i make a purchase on ebay or I write reviews on items I purchase in stores or when i go out to eat my experience because its important to the business. I agree Ebay should refine its feedback process because a person may be satisfied with an item but not leave feedback or worse leave neutral feedback becasue that has happen to me.

Message 79 of 333
latest reply

One of my biggest problems with people not leaving feedback also has to do with buyers who unjustly leave negative feedback. Although it hasn't happened to me, I have friends who have recieved a negative feedback from a buyer who was slightly disatisified with a purchase and had no interest in trying to remedy their problem with the seller and as such just automatically left negative feedback. We all make a mistakes from time to time.

Reguardless of how somebody got a negative feedback, buyers who don't provide any feedback at all don't help build a positive reputation. I have only sold about 10 items on my personal eBay account, and so fart, I have only recieved a single feedback. If we assume that that one feedback was from an unreasonable customer and my other 9 buyers don't leave feedback or even try to contact me, then they are obviously more than satisified with their transaction with me. The problem is is that any buyer who is now looking at my feedback to see if I am a trustworthy seller to be buying a high dollar item off of will see that I have 100% negative feedback.

To go along with the whole "up to 21 day" hold on paypal funds, if a buyer doesn't contact you or leave feedback in that time frame, then eBay should automatically give you a positive feedback credit of some sort so that potential buyers can see that you can be a trustworthy seller, but that is just my opinion. 

Message 80 of 333
latest reply

in my past 41 sales I have received 1 feedback. I have tested all methods of leaving feedback, immediately for buyer, waiting to leave feedback for feedback, waiting until item is delivered before I leave feedback, etc. Now I just give up. I do not leave feedback at all unless I receive it. The rating is very important to us sellers and ebay should consider an auto rating. However as long as people keep buying from me that is all I really care about. My feedback count has been low for years after countless sales. It literally took years to get above 1000. EBAY NEED STO FIX THIS!....maybe even next feedback score a sold count score so new buyers can determine how many items have been sold which can help assume if no negative feedback was provided then all is good. Come on ebay hookk it up already!!!

Message 81 of 333
latest reply

@dnlrobinson wrote:

So you're costing us money by not leaving feedback, and in turn we have to raise our prices.

Reading a comment such as yours, as a buyer, makes me not want to do business with you. I purchase items, pay, and expect timely deliveries.  I don't care about your business model. Not one bit. Oviously you think of customers as cattle. We don't cost you money, we make you money. Sellers with your bad attitude generally fail.

Message 82 of 333
latest reply

I had a buyer who knew who I was. I was not aware of this ....She bought something , never paid , and then ripped me to shreds on feedback .. I didn't know who it was , and I was dumb enough , inexperienced enough to send it to her before she paid ( she sent message saying she would pay ) ok that's on me.. But she returned the item DESTROYED .. AMD LEFT NEGATIVE FOLLOW UP FEEDBACK ..... No help from Ebay..
Message 83 of 333
latest reply

Hi, I have the same problem and thinking that it is just me. I'm trying to build my business but I consistently do not receive any kind of feedback. I have never received a complaint or even a question about an item after they have received it. I too am leery of sending a reminder email as a negative may be the end result. I ran this by my husband just as a sounding board and his response was that probably most buyers are like him, he never leaves feedback. This stunned me. But here is the thing that has shocked me most. I often don't get feedback when I buy something. I have to ask a seller to please leave feedback. Huh? And I do notice that some are waiting until the 14 day return is over before they do. The problem with me is that I leave positive feedback as soon as I receive the item and everything is ok. I no longer do this. If the seller doesn't leave the feedback first neither do I. I have another ebay account that I have had for years, even before PayPal. You waited for a check in the mail, or a lot of times cash came. I always received and gave feedback. I never got or left a negative. Those were the good old days.
Message 84 of 333
latest reply

Yeah I know the drill, I always leave feedback when i make a purchase because i feel its important to me as well as the seller, if i am dissatisfied i will let them know, if i am satisfied i will let them know but I think most people using feebay these days do not use proper feebay etiquette . A good way to check on a customer to see if it may be you is to look at the customer feedback they left for others, the last 4 items i sold I have recieved no feedback so when i checked the buyers feedback for others link they have left no feedback for anyone, really bad etiquette.

Message 85 of 333
latest reply

as a buyer only

i leave it when i want, if i want

im required to pay for the auctions i win, my responsibility is done

about a month ago i was accused of leaving bad DSRs and i didnt even leave the stupid star rating

i currently have one seller now who has now messaged me 14 times for feedback

and in all honesty i wish sellers would just focus on sending my item  promptly as described

upcycle recycle salvage repurpose
Message 86 of 333
latest reply

I just started selling items the past two months and I have to say should I worry about future purchase because I've only gotten 1 feedback so far from a buyer. i don't want that to affect future buyers opinion.

Message 87 of 333
latest reply

@lisajoybehrens

I disagree with you because it is important that others can see who to trust on ebay and who not, that is the whole point in scoring/rating everytime you make a purchase or sell an item.  At present time I have 69 positive feedback marks, I joined up on Ebay 26 Jun, 2011 and it took a while for me to get into it but now I have made it a hobby with the interest in actually making a business through it.  Anyway, personally I think it is either ignorance or just plain rude to become a member and not follow Ebays scoring system.  It is in place as a whole to give a much bigger and better picture of who you want to trust, this goes not just in your cash but most importantly the item you are buying.  A member with a score of 100% positive who has only sold 4 items each worth say £10.00 is not likely to get my next sale if someone selling the same item for the same price with 100% positive at 50+ sales.  Yes I understand we all need to start but it took me a while to get started, that`s just the way it works, now I have 69+  and I too am waiting on 7 buyers from me to leave feedback.  

Some people will say that so long as you make the sale, deliver the item and the customer does not leave negative feedback then it is safe to say that the customer is happy with it.  True but only you know that, others do not see that, which is where the feedback comes in.

If anyone else does not think of feedback as AS important then why do Ebay bother with it anyway.  If they took this feature off then I would not sell through them.

Just my opinion.

Message 88 of 333
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I been selling alot of stuff from the past years and I never receive any feedback back to me. I even tried contacting that person to please leave me a feedback and I never receive anything. It felt as if it is so unfair because you did everything to get it to the buyer and all you ask for is just a feedback but then again that never happen.

My question is, Is there a easier way to get my buyer to leave me feedback or where to go to tell them to leave me feedbacks?

Message 89 of 333
latest reply

My suggestion for ebay: if I person do a transaction on ebay and not leave a feedback, after a certain amount of time passes and there were no complaints from either party, ebay should automatically provide positive feedback since we're talking about customer service. Feedback is a necessary factor for me as a buyer and a seller.
Message 90 of 333
latest reply