cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Here's what is going on. There's Cartels of sellers that are ruling ebay market place now. As soon as a new competitor comes and starts giving a better deal to the consumer, the cartels make a note of the new seller and their agents start to buy from the new seller only to give the new seller a negative feedback. Once new seller gets negative feedback, guess what? no more customers for the new seller hence he is out. This tactic enables few sellers to keep their monopoly of selling certain goods on ebay. Now, there's cases where the big cartel sellers will not do anything to the small new guy who comes in, guess why? because the new guy is no threat to them BUT as soon as the new guy starts selling the same products at a better price or quality, the cartels dont take too long to start buying from him only to give him a negative feedback. So, they play the system and they play it really well.

Message 106 of 701
latest reply

I didn't get my projector and any feedback from seller and ebay until now " Seller: dshib1981 ( 782 ) Item title Price Shipping price Qty Item total Home Theater LED Projector HDMI/USB/VGA/AC/ Android Dual Core Media Player ( item: 201011096384 transaction: 984470641010 ) Paid on Dec-29-13 $16.99 Free 1 $16.99 Shipped on Dec-29-13 Economy Int'l Shipping " we trust you, but we have been deceived via EBAY system ? We expect an explanation in this regard Best Regards Hasan Özdemir
Message 107 of 701
latest reply

I recently received an email from eBay that said, quote:
"We're writing to let you know that even though your selling performance has improved under the US seller performance standards program, it still has not met our standards; therefore, your selling account has been restricted."

I check my account and ALL my listings had been removed.

Considering the illogical rhetoric of that message I naturally assumed it was a mistake, so I called eBay support. Long story short, after being hung up on twice by reps who barely spoke English, 'disconnected' 4 times, and told by 2 different account supervisors (Who also barely spoke English) that there was absolutely no appeal process I hung up the phone. I'm absolutely shocked. Why would eBay want to kick a good, quality seller like myself who's been a loyal member for nearly 10 years off while shady sellers with feedback scores below 70% continue to sell counterfeit and stolen merchandise day after day despite negative feedback after negative feedback? The answer? Because eBay made 11.39 BILLION dollars in gross profit in 2012, they don't give a *** about you! My 9 year history with the company means nothing to them, they won't even look into my account; no second chance, no nothing. I am not permitted to open a new account either, I, as a human being, am not permitted to sell a single thing on eBay for the rest of my entire life.

If I had 8 negative feedbacks this year, my seller scores were all like, 2 out of 5 stars and I was listing items not as described - sure, indefinitely ban me, absolutely, but in this instance? It's just ridiculousness. It's users like me that are the authentic foundation of eBay, we are the core, we are the substance, without us eBay is wasteland.

eBay since day one has been all about the buyer... buyer protection buyer protection buyer protection. Everyday folks selling things on eBay are just worthless peons in the grand scheme of it all. It's a shame really, eBay is such a wonderful idea - a free marketplace with millions of users, formatted in a very simplistic way where everyone and anyone can buy and sell goods for substantial discounts and make/save money? Sounds brilliant, too bad the true identity of eBay is much darker. Fee after fee, no mercy for unjust negative feedbacks, no customer support, no nothing. They use and abuse you and don't offer you an inch of support. They suck you dry and then kick you to the curb.

eBay is all about the benjamins baby, they don't care about you! ... unless you're a buyer of course.

AVOID SELLING ON EBAY AT ALL COSTS, IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME TO SELL A THING!

Message 108 of 701
latest reply

I recently received an email from eBay that said, quote:
"We're writing to let you know that even though your selling performance has improved under the US seller performance standards program, it still has not met our standards; therefore, your selling account has been restricted."

I check my account and ALL my listings had been removed.

Considering the illogical rhetoric of that message I naturally assumed it was a mistake, so I called eBay support. Long story short, after being hung up on twice by reps who barely spoke English, 'disconnected' 4 times, and told by 2 different account supervisors (Who also barely spoke English) that there was absolutely no appeal process I hung up the phone. I'm absolutely shocked. Why would eBay want to kick a good, quality seller like myself who's been a loyal member for nearly 10 years off while shady sellers with feedback scores below 70% continue to sell counterfeit and stolen merchandise day after day despite negative feedback after negative feedback? The answer? Because eBay made 11.39 BILLION dollars in gross profit in 2012, they don't give a *** about you! My 9 year history with the company means nothing to them, they won't even look into my account; no second chance, no nothing. I am not permitted to open a new account either, I, as a human being, am not permitted to sell a single thing on eBay for the rest of my entire life.

If I had 8 negative feedbacks this year, my seller scores were all like, 2 out of 5 stars and I was listing items not as described - sure, indefinitely ban me, absolutely, but in this instance? It's just ridiculousness. It's users like me that are the authentic foundation of eBay, we are the core, we are the substance, without us eBay is wasteland.

eBay since day one has been all about the buyer... buyer protection buyer protection buyer protection. Everyday folks selling things on eBay are just worthless peons in the grand scheme of it all. It's a shame really, eBay is such a wonderful idea - a free marketplace with millions of users, formatted in a very simplistic way where everyone and anyone can buy and sell goods for substantial discounts and make/save money? Sounds brilliant, too bad the true identity of eBay is much darker. Fee after fee, no mercy for unjust negative feedbacks, no customer support, no nothing. They use and abuse you and don't offer you an inch of support. They suck you dry and then kick you to the curb.

eBay is all about the benjamins baby, they don't care about you! ... unless you're a buyer of course.

AVOID SELLING ON EBAY AT ALL COSTS, IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME TO SELL A THING!
Message 109 of 701
latest reply

eBay is not releasing my funds that I made in sales. I have made over 4 phone calls to voice my complaint and been lied to every single time.
I have sold a number of things on eBay in the past few years starting in 2009. Recently eBay decided to change their policy to withhold your funds until 3 days after the item has arrived the delivery address or up to 21 days. To be able to receive your funds immediately after the buyer has paid eBay set a criteria for the seller to meet. 
The seller must have had his first sale more than 90 days
The seller must have solid over $250 in total transactions
The seller must have over 25 sales trans actions
And last the seller must have a standard seller rating
A week ago I meet these rules by having sold my first item in 2009, selling over $1000 in total transactions, 30 successful sales transactions and acquiring an above standard sellers rating. Unfortunately on the day after meeting my goal I sold even more items and did not get paid. I made a phone call to customer service and spoke to a representative. He's told me that because I had not sold any items in November I Idid not meet there standards. I read the policy and rules verbatim to the rep and he apologized for the mistake promptly making sure my funds would go through the next day Friday the 17th. They did go through unfortunately I sold additional item that day and the same thing happened. I made the second phone call and the rep tried to tell me the same thing but when I asked if she could prove in on the policy she could not . She then apologized and did the same thing the previous rep did . Again I sold additional items the next day and could to have the same issue. On the third phone call the rep put me on hold for over 3 hours and said the problem would not happen again and my funds would clear. I waited over 4 days and my funds did not clear. So I made the 4th and last phone call so far yesterday the 22nd. This time I was transferred to mutable departments and lied to straight to my face about being transferred to a billing department when I did not get transferred to the billing department but to a customer service desk that refused to help me even when I asked them to show me or send me a copy of the area where they claim on they policy that I must have sold items in November. I demanded to speak to a manager and was put on hold again for over 3 hours and when the manager picked up I was told I would get a phone call in two hours. As you can see by me writing this today it has been over 24 hours and I have not received a phone call what so ever. I demand to have my funds. This is my money legally and eBay is a thief for not clearing them as they stat 

Message 110 of 701
latest reply

I am a first time buyer on E-Bay and it will be my LAST. The money back guarantee is a crock and don't ever make the mistake of buying something from RC Scale model.My item came in broken (not by shipping) and all I could get from them is how to glue and make repairs myself to a $900.00 item. My advice is to stay with Amazon.

Message 111 of 701
latest reply

over two months ago i sold a very old item in mint condition.  it was what one would call NOS, with the tags.  well, i missed a minutial defect (one that could be over-looked).

this buyer seemed like trouble, so i called ebay.  after several re-assurances, i was told that any negative or neutral feedback would be removed simply by reaching an ebay rep and asking them to remove it.  sounds ok?

the long and short of this is even after his money was refunded, he left negative feedback.

now the truth, after 73 minutes on the phone and 4 reps from their off-shore calling center. i got them to remove the negative feedback.  it was NOT easy.  these trust and safety people are also off-shore.

are there actually sick people that get pleasure out of this?  ebay did NOT have my back like i 'expected'

time to rethink my role as a power seller, and give up my charitable donation to ebay.com

seriously................

Message 112 of 701
latest reply

No it doesn't favor the buyer.  I purchased a camera on here for 772.99 there was lack of communication between the buyer and seller and a case was opened.  Before I had a chance to do anything the case was stepped up and ebay gave me a refund, great right?  No!  The camera arrived the same day as they gave the refund and I had no wish to go forward with the complaint.  Long story short we tried to pay again through ebay which only doubled the price each time so we ended up just sending a new envoice through PayPal.  Not a problem, seller was paid the amount agreed upon, he paid ebay their fee's and when I checked into why I didn't receive they ebay buck for this purchase which were originally there until the refund I was told it wasn't a transaction made through ebay??? Hello, does that mean the seller doesn't have to pay ebay their fee's?  Seriously $15 dollars worth of ebay credits is going to break ebay?  You tell people if they buy through ebay they earn these credits, you get your fee's how about keeping your word to your buyers? 

Message 113 of 701
latest reply

Ebay's Customer Support and Resolution Center is a joke.  They make up things on the spot, there is no logic at all.  Either you get someone that is ready to solve all your problems and you hang up feeling great, only to have to call again and get someone that is there just to see how mad they can make you.  They are the worst of the worst, and everytime I have to deal with them, I tell them that.  They create tension between the two parties, whether it be seller or buyer, making the problem worse not better.  I guess that's job security.  This last time around, I decided I will not call them again, and I am also learning both as a buyer and a seller, we all know this and once we say it straight out..support sucks, things become civil, which is a real relief.  

Message 114 of 701
latest reply

Few days before I ordered a part of AcuraRL Right side by the seller but they send me the left side .
I requested the seller to take it back and plz send me the right one and even I am ready to pay the balances but no reply by the seller till yet
Message 115 of 701
latest reply

I've just bought counterfeit goods and ebay have suggested I take a "partial refund"! to close the case.

you couldn't make it up!

P,s the so called ebay guarantee actually doesnt cover your refund costs when you have been shafted.

Message 116 of 701
latest reply

The most recent problem I had with a seller is that they sold me a used marker that was completely dried up. I found out the thru the school of hard knox that the buyer is not responsible for paying to have the defective item returned back to them. So then, now I am out the money to return the product. Where is the incentive to my ever buying anything on ebay ever again?. This seller had also the buyer back guarantee.Why cant I use that? 

I think there is a handful of deceitful people who sell on ebay knowing they are selling defective or broken items to begin with.  If they get a complaint they can blame it on being damaged on shipment or they are hoping that the cost was so little that the customer will just eat the cost.

I believe if EBay would make sellers be responsible for paying for returned items then sellers would make sure the item was packaged secure to prevent damage or they will make sure the item is in good working condition to prevent losing further money.

Message 117 of 701
latest reply

I just took everything off I have listed on E Bay and I will not ever use them again. USPS is a piece of **bleep**. They treat the customers packages like a piece of trash. Fagile means nothing to them anymore. Pay Pal is the same way. They want there money off the top and to hell with the cuctomer service. Done also!! DONE..

Message 118 of 701
latest reply

I can understand the need for buyer protection.   I can understand there are bad sellers.   what bothers me is the buyers that claim significant not as described on something that could only be as described or broken in shipment.  Ebay effectively forces you to give a refund in 48 hours.   OK fine.  I'll work with that BUT, of the $1134.50, stuff on which I had to issue a refund, only 2 items were returned and those 2 buyers had no complaints.   They just made a mistake, purchased the wrong item and admitted it.    EBAY states in one place not to issue a refund until the item is returned but sends warning messages about negative reports to your seller dashboard if you do not refund immediately.  I am out over $1000.00 in merchandise not returned.  EBAY will not restrict buyers accounts when that they do not return merchandise.   They have the items and the money.   If the items were that bad, why not return them.  I send out call tags.  It costs them nothing.   What is "not as described" is not my merchandise but the Buyer protection plan.   

Message 119 of 701
latest reply

join the club

Message 120 of 701
latest reply