cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

What complaint department? I asked for one and they don't have one!
Message 91 of 701
latest reply

I just found out by looking at my invoice detail that ebay is charging a 10% fee on shipping costs even though I do all the packing, trip to post ofice and pay my self. I am going

to find another way to sell and I have been on this site since 1997.

Message 92 of 701
latest reply

Not really, I got screwed twice and I'm closing the account. Bought fake silver ring and returned it certified mail. Needless to say I lost both money and merchandise.

Message 93 of 701
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. Lost money and merchandise
Message 94 of 701
latest reply

So if you are a Buyer scam away!  eBay gives you a red light!  No negative feedback allowed.  WHAT?  So everyone is a perfect buyer, give me a break.  I am dealing with people that just "change their mind" after they have won.  This is ridiculous and causes alot of extra work for a seller.  Do you go to a register, pay, and then immediately "change your mind" two minutes later? 

Message 95 of 701
latest reply

I sold an iphone on ebay about 5 months ago. Buyer paid 590 bucks for it but in a message asked me to send it to a different location, do I did. Just recently I got charged back from paypal because buyers protection ruled against me. Now I have to pay paypal 590 bucks back and the buyer gets to keep the iphone. Paypal or ebay won't help, even when I have proof of the entire transaction including messages with the buyer. I fell like I am being screwed by ebay and paypal. The worst thing is that every time I call for help they give me the run around. Looks like I may have to sue ebay/paypal to get my money back.
Message 96 of 701
latest reply

Bull**bleep**.

They favored a seller who's item was shipped 200 miles away from me and has multiple tracking info. I called them and they told me that me and my one arm need to figure out how to get it. 

I was so mad, I went to close my account of 9 years, and they said I had restrictions. I had to call again. The guy refused to send me to a supervisor, then told me I was in collections. Turns out I'm not after 10 minutes of battling, but my restriction is that I can't list more the 10 items. When I said I'm not listing items, I'm clos9ing my account, he said, yes, but that's the reason...

There aren't complaints because ebay makes it so difficult. I just hung up out of frustration. I'm never using this ridiculous site again.

Message 97 of 701
latest reply

eBay keeps deleting my auction because it doesn't comply with their assault weapons policy. There are literally HUNDREDS of auctions for THE SAME part!!!! The exact same part. No differences. eBay is becoming garbage!
Message 98 of 701
latest reply

10 percent seeling fee?  is this a **bleep**ing joke?  I am never using ebay again. 

EBAY YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A SCAM, SELLERS GO ELSEWHERE THIS IS A JOKE TO CHARGE TEN PERCENT TO SELL A GODDAMN ITEM. 

Message 99 of 701
latest reply

Message 100 of 701
latest reply

AMEN
Message 101 of 701
latest reply

After reading all of this, And I'm sure most don't. I will NEVER sell anything on ebay again. I have sold probably 10 higher dollar items since 2005.
NEVER AGAIN!
Message 102 of 701
latest reply

ebay is crooked, they stole  4200.00 FROM A CAR I BOUGHT AND A CAR PART!!!!!!!!!!!!

AT LEAST A HONEST CROOK USES A GUN.

EBAY IS EVEL,EBAY IS FULL OF HALF TRUTHS, EBAY SAYS THELL HELP BUT THEY.

IF YOU STAY WITH EBAY YOU WILL GET SCREWED SOONER OR LATER!!!!!! 

I AM A BUYER  AT LEAST I WAS

Message 103 of 701
latest reply

Come on people, this is not that complicated.  Ebay is a business, a very deceptive business.  Like all businesses they simply want to make MONEY ($).  The way that Ebay does that is by creating "THE PERCEPTION" of an environment where every buyer and every seller is honest, forthright, and has the best of intentions (see all the 100% positive feedback).  Ebay creates this false sense of security for buyers and sellers with rules and protocals and procedures that prevent sellers from leaving negative feedback, discourage buyers from leaving negative feedback with pages of bull**bleep**, encouraging or coercing buyers and sellers into using PayPal, and by dedicating an entire module of the website to dispute resolution (a worthless waste of time).  It's all phony bull**bleep** with toothless threats.  There is little or no recourse for buyers or sellers, and Ebay keeps it that way by design so that sellers keep listing product and buyers keep bidding and paying.  In summary, Ebay is simply an electronic conduit for the flow of information, NOTHING MORE!  Ebay is entirely impotent in assisting buyers or sellers in resolving disputes or dictating performance in any way.  So now you know.

Message 104 of 701
latest reply

Actually i am a part time seller, but I buy a lot on ebay. In the beginning it was rough, I got ripped off a lot from sellers. They would sell an item to me, wait a few days (shipping time) then cancell their account. I would try to report "item not recieved" but then the ebay site would say "seller not found". For the longest time this was happening, you took a great risk when you bought from ebay, and I have been ripped off several times from sellers. The issue was that every avenue I tried to report this, I got a seller not found response. I even called them a few times and got a run around. I am owed so much due to this. However in recient days this seems to have gone down. I never have issues with it anymore. I tried so hard back then to report these issues and dug and dug, only to find nothing at all. And i remember talking to an ebay representative and being spoke down to, and basically told there was nothing to be done about it.

As for being on the seller end, I havent had many issues. I have had the occasional part where a hand made item came apart in shipping, but usually it was an easy fix. I stopped selling hand made items on ebay because the tiny amount of money gained vs the effort put in vs refunds for certain issues caused me to lose money. People have a hard time understanding that hand made items are less than perfect, that hand made items contain some slight defects but still work appropriately, and that is the point of hand made. It is what makes them items unique.

That aside there are trolls, and I think the hope is that it will balance out. That a 95% positive rateing will be viewed as great because almost nobody has 100% due to people that complain just to complain or harass others. I look at the seller rateing (due to being ripped off countless times) but I see a 95% as steller, 80% is bad, 90% maybe some issues but generally good. I dont expect a perfect score, and I am understanding that sh!t happens. I think many have this view.
Message 105 of 701
latest reply