cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Buyers ask on the community help boards not the general discussion boards.

Message 46 of 701
latest reply

Yes eBay is an awful place for sellers. I will no longer list on eBay. The buyer did not like the item and so he files a complaint. The item was tested and worked before I shipped it. He blatantly refuses to follow instructions so that he gets an error screen so that he can return the item. Personally I wish they would shut down eBay or start taxing across state lines on eBay. That will really hurt eBay and hopefully rid the internet of the trash that is called eBay.
Message 47 of 701
latest reply

Try selling on eBay & you might understand why.

From a feed back stand point - buyer look like angles 100% postive - even the ones that don't pay & I've added to my BBL list.  These actionion are  hidden from the sellers and only transparent to eBay personnel.  So sellers are left without a 'credit rating on teh buyer" as the buyer is not required to pay for an item  up to & days and it  is not available to other buyers during that period - hmmm.

Secondly, buyer can leave low  feedback rating scores for sellers w/o one 1/2 ounce of communication on the "burning" issue.  Leaving the seller without any opportunity to make it  "right"  Hmmm  This can affect the sellers longevity on eBay and/or benefits received from good selling practices.

There are more things that can be added but thse  are the key once for me.

I fully understand that when people deal with people, as a buyer and/or seller - there will never be 100% perfect ratings for either side - I sodl for a career then hung up my spurs.   But  on eBay what is good for the goose should be good for the gander & when $$ is involved it can get real ugly - some folks just like to get something for nothing and others try to pull the wool over the buyers eyes..

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 48 of 701
latest reply

You and me both!!!   After a bad experience with a buyer who claimed I sent her a dirty sweater, that was it!!   I asked her to send me pix of it and I would refund her.   Wasn't even asking her to return the darn thing!!!   She also claimed it smelled like smoke.  She left me a negative and I replied about the refund and called her an idiot!!!  Of course eBay removed my comment but when I called to have them remove the neg FB, they refused!!!!  BUT, this buyer is also using her boyfriend's email address and when I told eBay about that, they did nothing!!!!  This buyer also persuaded me to send the sweater to her boyfriend's address which is NOT her confirmed Paypal address!!!!   I sent her a message thru eBay messages and asked her to "please check your email" and this is when she informed me she doesn't have email!!!!   What I was telling her, and ended up doing so thru "messages", was that it is against my policy and that of eBay's to send to an unconfirmed address, but I would do it and pay for delivery confirmation out of my own pocket.  Also, eBay did nothing to a seller who copied the description from a friend of mine.   And, she also had a pair of Cole Haan Nike Air shoes listed but eBay made her take "Nike Air" out of the title.   Do a search of Cole Haan Nike Air - see how many there are!!!!!   Rules for some, not for others!!!!

Message 49 of 701
latest reply

I am a Buyer of a faulty product from a Canadian Seller.  eBay nor PayPal will do anything, just lip service.  I work hard for my money too and I don't like people ripping off others.  I even returned the product to the Seller, and paid shipping both ways.  What I have now is just a $700 debt and no one to protect my my interests.

Message 50 of 701
latest reply

And, I will NEVER buy anything on eBay again!  NEVER! 

Message 51 of 701
latest reply

Resolution center: a young lady name " Jade "was very rude to me and I ask what is her last name she said she can not provide. I ask for a supervisor and she insist she could help me and put me on hold for about an Hour.  Ebay Manager fix the problem with your staff cause they

Message 52 of 701
latest reply

Resolution center: a young lady name " Jade, L "was very rude to me and I ask what is her last name she said she can not provide. I ask for a supervisor and she insist she could help me and put me on hold for about an Hour.  Ebay Manager fix the problem with your staff cause they Rude. i wait another 30mins to get to to the supervisor name is "Eind, S   Supervisor said they only allow to provide the first letter of the last name.   Copperate office if any of you read this please pass on the Staff is extremly RUDE>  

Message 53 of 701
latest reply

I am a buyer here; I've searched for ebay complaint and see this forum and also your question. I have bad experience with ebay shopping and mix experience with customer services. Most of the time, ebay sellers do not post or describe things correctly. I bought DDR2 laptop memory, description says it is a one side assembly, it is a two side.  I bought a sewing machine, description says it is a portable, it is not.  It was removed from a cabinet to become "portable" but not made as a portable by designed.  I bought laptop chargers, the photos and the actual items are different.  The actual items do not have certified logos of safety and functionality testing of American organizations (Rohs or other logos).  I bought stove generators, the package are different.  I asked and were told it was updated.  I stop here because I don't want to list more.  I wish ebay seller respect buyer and sell items as described by manufacturer.  But for now, I want to find an official authority, like the BBB, to complaint that ebay let these sellers selling unfunctional or not as described items.

I have acknowledged that ebay customer service tries to protect buyer.  But, that is not enough with my full payment to seller.  I bought a machine that was described as like new. I received and found I got one with a 4 inches crack visible under the normal eyes but the shipping box was not damaged at all.  I sent a photos to ebay, and contact the buyer and sent the machine back to buyer and paid for the return shipping.  The photos and description did not say anything about the crack.  However, I have not received by return shipping.  Ebay says they do not have a  hold on the seller fund to refund me the return shipping.  Beware if you are a buyer!  If you don't return it means you keep it and get no refund on return shipping even if it was cracked, even if the seller says he will pay for it.  This does not happens with stores that sells goods on internet because the stores are responsible.  Ebay does not sell its goods and leave buyer vulnerable with the return shipping charge.

Enough

thank you

Message 54 of 701
latest reply

Not true that eBay sides with buyers. In my view it is just the opposite ... they protect high volume sellers, I just got defrauded out of $72 and Ebay sided with the seller.

I bought 50 items from the seller and he delivered 20 items in a USPS box. The USPS box was too small to contain 50 items. I expected that the balance would arrive in a second box, and when it didn't contacted the seller. The seller said yes they were sent in a second box, so wait a few more days. When they didn't arrive I asked again. Then the seller changed his story and said all 50 were in that small box.

eBay sided with the seller on the basis of USPS tracking info which said delivery was complete. There was no information on the number of boxes delivered, and obviously USPS cannot verify the number of items in a box. I offered proof via a photo of the box, the 20 items beside it, and inside it, and a tape measure beside them in all photos. But eBay was not interested and even denoed the appeal.

I have 100% feedback rating as a buyer, and have bought tens of thousands of dollars worth oof goods on eBay for my business. This is the 2nd time I have been defrauded by an eBay seller, and eBay has failed to honor its Buyer Protection Policy/Guarantee.

The Buyer Protection Plan seems to be low on resources or the motivation to protect buyers. I plan to file a BBB complaint to help force eBay to improve its policies and stop the degeneration into a MUCH LARGE SCAM that affects the public.

I plan to shift my buying as far as possible because if this happened on a major purchase I routninely make on eBay (thousands of dollars), I would be in deep trouble.

My ADVICE to buyers: Avoid buying from high volme sellers ... eBay won't protect you against these sellers ... no matter what eBay's Buyer Protection Plocy says before you get into trouble. They are deaf to your pleas!

Message 55 of 701
latest reply

Klogmag i have to agree with you on the not so straight answers, they all seem like robots mine as well just give us an automative response when we call. I was lowered on selling as well, but what i find interesting is that someone told you to sell 300 items within 3 months, WTH seriously???  When i called i was told i needed to sell at least 10 items per month, which i guess will also increase the dashboard?? Not really the only way it looks like it will go up is if everyone who buys from you gives you 5 stars, in shipping i should automatically get 5 stars since i offer free shipping, and that was also their idea, i don't see it moving much in that area yet, though i really haven't sold much, sales are still pretty slow or dead. What kind of rule is this now that YOU NEED to sell a certain amount? we can't make people buy, as well as make everyone leave feedback.  And with the pending pp payments when someone does pay, i use that money to ship, so holding it from someone using it is ridiculous.

Message 56 of 701
latest reply

Hi Mega, i do see more sellers complaints then buyers, but i do see buyer ones so it isn't just the sellers, just many more sellers are unhappy. 

Message 57 of 701
latest reply

Ok here's a good one: As a buyer I purchased what was to have been a rare coin on ebay. When it arrived it was not the rare one picture but a common one. Seller never had had a rare coin to offer using a photo lifted from a genuine rare coin offering (a violation of ebay's own policy). Ebay found for seller on request for refund, then on appeal ---a 2nd time-- agreed to refund . Then ebay switched feet again, saying my claim had to go through paypal because seller had invoiced directly through paypal bypassing ebay on the invoice. Ebay "delisted" the item I purchased. Now Paypal will not allow claim because it is an ebay item that cannot be found !!!  I left negative feedback for seller, but seller convinced ebay to delete. So much for the touted Buyer "protection" !!

Message 58 of 701
latest reply

why did you NOT pay through ebay? of COURSE you lost BP, you broke the rules!

Message 59 of 701
latest reply

Ebay continues to harbour the crooks and encoaurage theft and dishonesty for those who do not pay.

I have decided to drop Ebay for good after about 15 plus 

years. I am sick of someone not paying me and Ebay does NOTHING,

I mean NOTHING. Then Ebay puts you through tons of red tape, enough for the

seller (who is getting screwed) just to say the hell with it.

Ebay - I hate your policies and you know what you are doing to loyal customers.

Well, no more to this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 60 of 701
latest reply