cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

It may be the responsibility of Ebay to keep things in a Right Order, but some of the sellers are not as honest as they should be. I bought a laptop computer recently that was advertised as having Windows 7 on it...  It did.  But the computer was not made for Windows 7 and they had a Windows Vista Ultimate ID tag on the bottom of the laptop. So in order for the Program to be used without fail, I have to buy an average $130.00 program to run a $50.00 laptop - which the laptop was never made to really run the program but it does. I bought another laptop just days after this one, same brand and model number because I liked the model of the computer and it also stated it had Windows 7 on it. I bought it, only to find that - it too had Windows 7 pro on it  (this time it was 64bit and that was totally my mistake. I wouldn't have bid on it, if I had known that.) but it has a WINDOWS XP ID Label on the bottom of it, which we all know .... WINDOWS XP is Stopping Help as of APRIL 8th, 2014. "Dress It Up so it can sell" is the seller's viewpoint, it's okay... but the fact that these laptops have ID's listed to other programs is An OBVIOUS attempt to take the customer because "they never adverstised what the laptop contained originally".

Message 136 of 701
latest reply

I forgot why I was here originally, but I am back. In looking in Ebay for light bulbs for my small flashlight (Maglite Mini LED Pro+ Blue Flashlight with Holster & Batteries included SP+P11H Buy with Confidence,380,000+ Happy Customers) And I have bought several thru the last few years from LOCAL COMPANIES selling them at $9.00 to $13.00 (I don't remember the exact price.) There is at least one website - I have seen more - that are Advertising this Maglite Flashlight at over $20.00.  One Ebay Posting has this Flashlight at originally $30.00 (I have bought for as little as $9.00 locally.) at a Sale Price of  ""$26.36"". You have to have your head examined to pay that exorbitant price hike or in a Seriously Desparate Need to pay Almost 300 percent Retail Price - "WITHOUT REASONABLE RESEARCH" for your item either on Ebay or Locally. And Yes, There Are Those Type of People Around on Ebay and Local to our areas. So Please Do Your Research. Ask Questions about an item on Ebay or Locally. (I paid over a hundred dollars each on two laptops that were advertised with " Windows 7 pro " on the laptop. Windows 7 Pro was / is the program on them. The ID Decal on the bottom of one of the lap tops is " Windows 7 Ultimate " and the other is " Windows XP ". This may not seem like much, But, if you have a problem with the "Running Program" on the Laptop, You will have to have a Full New Version of the Program to straighten out any Program Problems on the Laptop. The LICENSE ID on the bottom of the Laptop Will Not let you fix the problems on the Computer's Running Program. You buy the laptop for over $100.00 with an ID on the bottom of the laptop for a different operating program and you have to spend over $100.00 more for an Upgrade or Full Version Computer Program because the ID says one thing and the actual program is another.

Message 137 of 701
latest reply

I tried to add a complaint, however I was told to wait 7 days. They are not letting us complain!
Message 138 of 701
latest reply

I have a buyer complaint, we bought two items and paid for them with paypal, in Jan 2014, numerous messages back and forth with seller but still no goods received. I havevn't found where to register complaint with ebay, seems only place to send message is to seller and they are no longer responding.

Message 139 of 701
latest reply

Here is my buyer complaint.  I bought an item, seller shipped it to the wrong address.  Bc the tracking shows it was "delivered" before it was "refused" days later, eBay tells me the seller doesn't have to refund my money bc they sent me the product?!  So the seller gets to keep my product and my money!!  A manager in the Customer Service dept at eBay insisted up and down that the address the seller sent the package to was correct.  I got a copy of the shipping label from the USPS which they had bc the package was refused, and it was the wrong address and I still can't get my money!!

Message 140 of 701
latest reply

Did you use paypal? If so, tell them what happened.

Message 141 of 701
latest reply

I did use Paypal.  I foolishly believed I had buy protection through eBay and was going to take it up with my credit card.  Thanks, I will try PayPal first. 

Message 142 of 701
latest reply

I did find the place to register a complaint, I selected "have not received item" and they say now its too late to open a case! Dont know what the time frame is but looks like I missed it. Oh well, we just wont buy from wildaboutbaskets anymore...

Message 143 of 701
latest reply

Have you contacted the Better Business Bureau?  I find it shocking that so many people here are claiming that eBay cares about buyers more than sellers.  I am a buyer and have never had such an appauling experience with a business in my life as I have with eBay.  It is sickening.

Message 144 of 701
latest reply

Touche'

Message 145 of 701
latest reply

Isnt that something?  I have been through that, close your account?  No, you cant, your seller status isnt up to parr so we wont let you close your account.  Are these people batty or what. 

Message 146 of 701
latest reply

Here is a buyers complaint for you poor sellers.

Did you know you can list an item for bidding with no reserve or minimum bid and simply cancel the bidding if you don't get the results you like?  Looks a lot like bait and switch.   

Sellers try this trick to cheat your low bidding buyers of a sale at the last minute.  How can you loose with this kind of bidding restrictions?

Message 147 of 701
latest reply

My bought a set of china on ebay, the item was paid for on paypal, the money left by boa account the same day.  It is going on  a month now and i still dont have the money back in my boa account.  PAypal says the money is in my seller's account.  The seller says they dont have the money.  When i ask ebay why they dont refund paid for orders within 48 hours like amazonj does they say they cant as the money is in the sellers account.  The seller says they dont have the money as they didnt accept it.  My question is who has had the time value of this 460 dollars for the last month, if this were a check cashing busines someone would be paying a substantial amount for this lost money.  I know i dont have it, the seller insists he doesnt have the money, i suspicion that paypal and ebay have float on this 460 dollars for the last 30 days.  What is the truth? does anyone know? thanks bryce

Message 148 of 701
latest reply

Well I have one.  I just bought a pair of speakers for $800 plus $211 shipping.  E-Bay cancelled the transaction saying the speakers were too heavy to ship, and refunded my money except for $22.11 which they kept for themselves.  E-Bay also told the vendor he would be paid by e-bay and they would keep the speakers.  Apparently his agreement with E-bay was that they would do the shipping.

The fair thing would be for e-bay to return the speakers to the vendor, and we could complete the transaction with another shipper.  Now it seems that when you buy something on e-bay, they may cancell the transaction and keep the goods for themselves.

Message 149 of 701
latest reply

Ebay took my money but did not deliver the product.  I will NEVER buy through Ebay again! 

Message 150 of 701
latest reply