eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

[ Edited ]
in reply to megatonmining

This buyer has had it! I feel terrible for those with large purchases. I ordered an item on May 7, 2015. I still have not received it. I opened a dispute July 2, 2015.
eBay hasn't even responded! Nothing. Just states it is awaiting response.

Prior to that I contacted the seller and received the most unprofessional reply that I forwarded to EBay in my dispute, 

"Somtimes shipping maybe delayed a little due to Customs checking.Please wait patiently ok?

After you get it,please check the status first if it is in good condition.Contact us for any
problem so that we can help you.

Please,please do NOT open any dispute or case at ebay or paypal,or leave any neutral negative feedback
with 1,2, 3 stars,or ebay will stop our business.This is the new policy of ebay.

We are waiting here on line for you any time,for any needed helpSmiley Happy

Sincerely yours,
28004942*1;
ctouch2015"

If only it were true.

Seeing as this is fast becoming the norm for EBay, I am now making it a point to shop elsewhere.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to s$r$o

Get used to it or stop dealing with them. As you can see, incompetence and treachery are their standard operational procedure.  I spoke with someone in Germany yesterday. Just ten years ago an outfit like this would not have been allowed to operate in the states. hope you didn't get burned for much. 

Community Member

in reply to kcenterprises123

I just had a transaction in which the four items I bought were not in the box.  The result is that tracking status says the items were delivered.  I opened four disputes, one for each item.  Each item was a seperate transaction with the same seller.  The seller responded to all four disputes indicating that he was sorry that he did not ship the items.  Despite the seller saying he did not ship the items, EBAY sided with the seller on the three of the items and sided with me on one of the items.  All four items should have been in the same box according to the tracking and should have had the same disposition.  I appealed, EBAY said I would have my money back by the end of the day.  It's been four days and nothing has happened.

Community Member

in reply to j1delaney2011

I saw your post and I wated to share with you that there are buyer complaints.  I have beebuying on ebay for 9 years.  I recently had a trasaction that went terribly wrong.  It is the first time in 9 years I ever tried to return som thing.  Short version received an item not as described and also received damaged.  Contacted seller who refused to refund my shipping charges and the box looked like it went through a car crusher.  Ebay customer service stinks and they are of no help what so ever.

Over a nine year period I maybe returned clothing or something that didn't fit.  This is a very different situation.  Being I had not retuned anything I didn't know how to fill out ebays forms as none of the options applied to my particular situation.  I emailed the seller who refused to refund the shipping charges although they were negligent in shipping the product.  The box looked like it went through a car crusher.  Still many email to the seller and no resolution I contact the customer service by phone at different times in order to resolve this issue.  Ebay customer service doesn't know what they are doing.  They admit they have no authority to do anything in the meantime they never told me that the seller had accelerated the situation and I get an email that it was in his favor. What?

Ebay has changed drastically over 9 years.  Can't trust them anymore.  Buyer protection is a joke.  There is no buyer protection.  They want me to return of $40 item at my own expense, which would be approximately $10 or $11 on the destroyed product.and a product not as described in the listing.   Thus I would be out approximately $20.00 in shipping and have nothing to show for it.

This was a very time consuming transaction.  Go look at my ratings 100% positive for every seller that I rated.

I am done with ebay once I receive my two outstanding deliveries after nine years.  EBAY is ruining itself.  For the Buyer and the Sellers.  Good Luck Buyers and Seller......I am soooo finished with ebay and disgusted.  No customer loyalty.  Below are some photos of the damaged box.

Community Member

I agree!!! I've been selling on ebay for 5 years. And NOW it's the WORST place to sell. They are not about helping to sell your item anymore. They just want to take all your money with fee's to stay in business. This year was the first time I got a return. Mind you, my listing states I don't Not Take returns. Ebay took the return on my behalf. I wasn't pooped about it until they told me they couldn't refund me the final value fee of that Item I paid to sell. So eBay still charged me 8.20 and I had to pay for shipping. They basically took $15 from me without selling my item. $15 for confusion? ?? **bleep**? ? **bleep** EBAY!!! I can't wait til the system crashes!! It's coming soon.. wake up ppl!!
Community Member

in reply to mandastuff95
EBay's customer service used to be excellent. Ever since they had the Philippine's take over customer service their resolution has gone horribly wrong..TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Community Member

About one to two weeks ago I recieve a fee on an item that was sold. It was about 7 some dollars. I called customer service, which I my add, one of the lady's that I spoke with was horrible and did not try to help me solve the issue or think there was I problem, to try and see why I had another fee. Ebay took money out of the payment I already had, it was a huge percentage really and because of this I wanted to close my account. When I tried to close the account I got a reply saying I had money tranfers that weren't resolved. I looked and there was nothing that need to be paid and everything had gone through. I had already deleted my paypal account and there was not one thing that should of caused an issue. So I waited some time and tried to close the account again. But I got the same message back. Ebay is literally refusing to close my account at this point. Just today I try to close the account again, they said this time I had recently bought something.... and can't close my account.... But this was a month ago. even though I've waited the correct amount of time, they still won't close the account. 

For the email issue, I have repeatedly unsubscribed from the list, and I still continue to get emails every day. And just today I open one of these stupid emails and the message said there was no content. 

Ebays fee are horrible, you are annoying and literally forcing me to keep an account with them. This is probably one of the worst sites I've had to deal with. I sure will be letting this be known. 

Community Member

in reply to elchivo21

"Maybe we should reachout to our local news media and see if they can help the "little guy". This might even inspire someone to create an alternative. "

That's a good idea. Maybe even some national media just to make people aware so they don't go in blind and bent over. If I had known about their backward policy, I would've been content to remain a buyer. I would absolutely love to see an alternative with a similar format. 

Community Member

So just because of some jerk that decied to return an item and use the wrong reason I get treated like a "Violator" from Ebay. They lack professional conduct and rational desision making when you are a seller. When you file a complaint about a buyer there's no follow-up. eBay says that they do a monthly "review" of your sellers account they make it sound like there's a person is the one doing the reviewing. Obviously they lack the desire to invest in maintaining the backbone of the their busniess happy. I have never seen so many complains about eBay from the sellers. I get better service from the post office.

Maybe we should reachout to our local news media and see if they can help the "little guy". This might even inspire someone to create an alternative.  

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to allens814

"I'm done with Ebay as of today and I made sure I emptied my Paypal account and put stop payments at my bank so they can't steal out of there either.  They want to refund this person, they will have to dig into their millions and pay it out."

That's really the only move these ***ks leave you with and the only satisfaction you will get is when they send you a collections email. Then you can smile and hit delete knowing it will be a cold day in hell before they get any more money from you Smiley Very Happy My problem is that I enjoyed buying and wish there were another website with the same format. Oh well.

Community Member

in reply to choirboy2020

Unfortunately, it's not just the little guys feeling the lack of support for sellers.  I've sold over 100k for Ebay and just got **bleep**ped on once again today.  Buyer bought a rare betamax vcr.  Said that it didn't power on and of course I had to pay to have them send it back.  Buyer didn't protect it at all for the shipment and it came back with button smashed and the front face falling off.  Amazingly, I plugged it in and it powered right up and played a movie.

Ebay's answer to me when I filed a complaint????   We don't cover things like this so the buyer will get a full refund out of your paypal account.

So this person gets a full refund and I have a smashed rare vcr that can't be sold now and I had to pay the shipping both ways.

I'm done with Ebay as of today and I made sure I emptied my Paypal account and put stop payments at my bank so they can't steal out of there either.  They want to refund this person, they will have to dig into their millions and pay it out.

Someone said it perfect.....  there are other places to go but everybody keeps staying with Ebay.  All sellers NEED to just do a mass exodus or all Sellers should just not list any items for sale for 1 or 2 months straight.  When it starts to hit Ebay's bank account, then they will start listening again.

Community Member

I just looked up ebay on BBB and found that ebay must have paid them off good. It says there were 5863 complaints and 5863 of those have been resolved. Really? Mine hasn't. I know of several others that havn't. Corrupted begets corruption. Oh, and on a slightly different note.... those of you saying ebay needs a competitor? they have them but nobody is going to them so ebay stays in business. All I want is the total item description to show up on any item I click without having to "click" on "view item description" hyperlink.

Community Member

in reply to amtitems

"They will say anything and maintain the most disturbing positions to justify a denial of an appeal"

At least they acknowledged you, I couldn't even get that from these "jewels."Smiley Surprised

Community Member

in reply to jimscoinshop2012

Ive been a member for over 15 years but I have had it, the company has lost it's way.  Excellent customer service, but the appeals department is a kangaroo court.   They will say anything and maintain the most disturbing positions to justify a denial of an appeal.  They also throw the customer support reps under the bus.  Nice team! Goodby...  I will be exiting and not looking back. 

Community Member

1.)  EBay needs to review their policies and procedures of handling customer complaints (Both sellers and buyers).  Their customer service reps do not have any authority to make any decisions.  Even "supervisors" are bound by the "rules" and when there is a problem that does not fit the written guidance, they refer to the closest one that they think fits.

2.)  14 years of perfect seller and buyer record does not mean squat to any of the young reps at the eBay call center.  They value the revenue more from fly-by-night Chinese, Russian, and domestic scammers who are eager to take customers' money.

3.)  I will continue to do minimum business with this monopoly, but only until a long awaited alternative emerges, in addition to Craigslist, Kijiji, OfferUp etc.

Most recent frustration is over a seller who failed to send tracking, failed to ship, failed to reply to any of my multiple queries, and when I submit for resolution, eBay expects me to wait four more days, (after nearly a week of no response from seller.)  Whatever...I am so over this company who cannot help their customers in an acceptable manner.

Community Member

in reply to jimscoinshop2012

I feel your pain. The first item I sold  on Ebay was a fiasco. People have figured out that Ebay caters to buyers and are wreaking havoc with the sellers. That is, of course unless you are a "super seller" (which means your volume is so high that you are making them a lot of money) in which case you are immune to the BS that us low level sellers have to put up with. The "buyer" I sold to robbed the parts he needed and sent the item back in pieces! Then Ebay informed me that I owed them 25.00. You can imagine what I told them. Regardless it will be a cold day in hell before they get that 25.00 from me! One and done, got out light. 

Community Member

in reply to ginni.4
WE ALL NEED TO START STICKING TOGETHER AND MAYBE JUST STOP SELLING FOR 1-2 DAYS AND LET THEM FEEL A FINANCIAL BURDEN.MONEY SEEMS TO BE THEIR WEAK SPOT SO WE ALL SHOULD LET THEM REALLY FEEL IT WHERE IT HURTS THEM THE MOST.THEY WILL THEN HAVE TO ANSWER TO SOME MAD STOCK HOLDERS.JUST A THOUGHT.JG
Community Member

in reply to bbis01

WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE.IF E-BAY HAD NO SELLERS CAN THEY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY WOULD EVEN BE DOING WITH THIS WEB SITE?I USE TO REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING UP AND LOOKING AT MY SELLER STATUS ON E-BAY.NOW I,M AFRAID TO EVEN THINK ABOUT LOOKING ANYMORE.I HAVE HAD TO GIVE REFUNDS TO 2 BUYERS NOW AFTER 28 DAYS FROM THE TIME THEY RECEIVED THE ITEMS.IF THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE MY REFUND POLICY THE THEY SHOULD CHANGE EVRYONES TO INFINITY AND NOT JUST 2 WEEKS.I HAVE A GOOD STRONG CASE THIS TIME AND A LAWYER TOLD ME ANYONE CAN BE SUED NO MATTER WHAT THEY WRITE IN THIER BYLAWS.I THINK A COURT NEEDS TO SEE JUST WHAT IS GOING ON THESE DAYS AND START AN INVESTIGATION INTO THESE REVOLVING POLICYS FOR ONLY BUYERS.I,M CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AND THEY CAN TRY TO SUE ME BUT I DON,T CARE ANYMORE.IT,S SAD THAT I

bbis01 wrote:

sterlingmercantile27 wrote:
So to let everyone know, you are absolutely correct in the idea that ebay caters to buyers not sellers. i was just on the phone with brent p. i asked why does ebay give the option to not accept returns if they are going to let buyers return items even if they are not damaged anyway. His response and I quote" to give the buyers the option to return items for any reason whatsoever" I then asked specifically "so ebay caters to buyers and not sellers?" his response "that is absolutely correct". ebay has no interest in sellers other than to collect fees. they are always on the buyers' side. i have issued refunds to buyers if they show the item is damaged during shipping or it doe snot work when they receive it even though i check the little box that says returns not accepted and also list in each listing refunds and returns are not accepted and purchase is made under this agreement. Just the fact that brent p. admitted that buyers are permitted to return items for any reason even though sellers are given the option to not accept returns is an admission of breach of contract by ebay with each seller.

Someone asked about buyer complaints, well here is a large one. $562.49 from , I filed for a return of funds since seller made excuses for not shipping.   After 5 weeks and the expiration of an Ebay refund request, Ebay said they will intervene.  Ebay says they have to close the return request and elevate the claim and states over the phone I will be refunded the money in 24-48 hours since the seller's response was never received but must speak to their elevated complaint department.  This means Ebay will blow more smoke around the claim and ask for more time to sort it out versus covering the transactions under their warranty. The next Ebay representative tells me I must open a new case and give the seller more time to respond and says they will not credit may PayPal account now.    I do not see all of that in their warranty in the listing.  Ebay buyers can use this thread as a warning of the buyer warranty Ebay claims to offer. The warranty provides more time and choices for a bad seller to dodge repayment and facing disciplinary action. The disregarded emails, texts and promised shipping dates, along with the expired return request are not enough through the Ebay system?  Ebay needs to stand their buyer protection from a bad seller that over the past 5 weeks found time to ship other sales but not my sale.  They also need to stand behind their promise from the first caller that I had waited long enough and process the refund, or the "escalated claims" representative that promised a call back from a manager the same day.  Ebay is ok with me floating $562 bucks for 5 weeks from their seller but  hides from promptly returning funds that were covered through their "buyer's protection."  The irony of this sale includes a warning from Ebay to pay the seller but the transaction required the shipping amount to be calculated by the seller so I could pay.  Ebay requires more time to return funds and investigate claims than they allow for buyer payment; it has been pretty one-sided from a buyer with good feedback and prompt payment to sellers.  The amount of time spent on chasing my purchase, and the Ebay representatives wasted time on the phone which was well over an hour, has made this a transaction to warn others about.

HAVE TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND I,M DISABLED AND REALLY NEED THIS EXTRA INCOME BUT THEY LEAVE YOU NO CHOICES ANYMORE.JPG

Community Member

in reply to bentocase

Well, I expect to be treated right, just like I would treat anyone who deals with me. They really sell feces? 

Community Member

in reply to illnino1080

What else would you expect from a company that runs the largest rummage sale in the world. People litterally sell **bleep** on this site