eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

in reply to megatonmining
I bought a fuel pump for my jaguar brand new. The weather did not permit installation for a few weeks when I tried to install it, I discovered it was the wrong pump. I emailed the seller 5 times and got no response. So I contacted eBay and was told they would take care of it and told me to cancel the transaction. They said it would be resolved shortly. They never bothered to get back to me. 2 weeks later I called customer service and was told I was past the guarantee period because I had waited to contact eBay in a timely manner. I have been an eVay customer for 13 years with several hundred transactions and 100 percent positive feedback. There is a record with them of all my seller contacts in this transaction. Still it is when I contact eBay for help that rules. As for me; I am done with them. If you have a problem, complain immediately or you may be left high and dry with a product for which you have no use. All due to eBay red tape. Regards, Jim Elliott

Community Member

[ Edited ]

I siddharth srivastava customer of ebay since 2015 i purchase many product online in most of the online shopping site. You are one of them.
Now , I purchase a phone which is lenovo k4 note which is in dead condition. My claim is opened since 29 days i did not getting any information. One time they call me but unfortunately it is not reachable. They did not mail me any update also. When i am calling them then they are saying that you will get call i am arranging call on high priority. And they are not calling to my new updated no. Where as 1st they give me 20  days for resolution. Now its 28 days and still open i don't know what the hell is going on ebay service. You will response my mail or not. I am very disappointed with ebay. I can't explain the feeling also. And when i am calling they are saying that u will get update till today evening when i am calling in morning and when i am call in evening then they are saying that by tomorrow you will get update surely. Since last 4 days .. when that tomorrow come. I want to know that what is tomorrow and evening. It means that you will not resolve my problem and it is going on.

And now no one is responding after taking my phone back

Community Member

Is all frode...
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Dt 23 jan....recieved..from eby.
Mobile MIE NUM.NOT REGISTERED .
IN LENOVO RECORDS...
SERVICE PROBLUM..PLAY STORE.NOT OPEN.
SENDR SAYS TALK TO EBAY...warrunty period
3 month.what a joke...who will pay.repair amount...

Community Member

First time selling in ten years. Ebay used to be so great. Didn't know my no returns policy would no longer be honored. Buyer misread my listing size, her fault, she wins. I'm out money for listing and shipping. Can't leave negative feedback for buyer. I am out!! I also had 100 shares of stock in company and sold immediately. Good way to learn what a company stands for is to be ripped off by them. Bad business practices! So sad used to be a great marketplace. Buyers have all the power DO NOT SELL HERE!!
Community Member

Having problems paying an item on eBay I called customer support to report the issue they told me they were having problems that they will pass it over to support department then sense I'm running out of time to pay the seller they told me that it will go against my agreement to pay I told the lady its not my fault there having problems she told Me it still go against me I told them this sucks just like eBay sucks
Community Member

Community Member

I brought led tv it is not working.I can't get any solution still now.i feel very bad .
Community Member

in reply to jawei87

Don't worry. I'm a seller, sellers have no recourse on Ebay. File a case and you will certainly get your money back. I had 100% feedback and have been selling for 15 years. Buyer complains about a new toner I sent them, they now will ship their used toner back to me and I will pay for it all. I never even got to respond as part of the case. Buyer files case and boom, they win. I will soon be an ex seller. Ebay can kiss my grits.

Community Member

in reply to titletown-sports

You have that right. No questions asked for my side. Been selling 15 years and this is my first negative feedback from a seller whose ID is a few weeks old. claims that I sent them a used toner that I listed as new. New it was. Now, not only do I have to refund their money, Ebay is making me pay the shipping to get the used toner back! Here now, is a good scam. Create an ID and shakedown sellers for refunds with very high pressure demands using very foul and broken language. If someone refuses the demands them have Ebay extort the funds. When you get a bad rep, get a new ID. Now sellers know they don't have a leg to stand on so most would just refund the money when a dishonest demand is made. How a seller of 15 years and 100% feedback doesn't even get a chance to respond is unbelievable.  This is enough to stop selling. With all the fees and events like this, there isn't any money in it anyway.

Community Member

Your company is totally fraudulent.

I had booked a Refurbished Nokia 5233. Its Item Id is 272102980390 dt 31.03.2016, Bill Details EW601161195IN and Paisa Pay Id is 42254134947.But  you have delivered useless different Mob Phone Local Nokia X2.  If you are in front of me I feel like throwing your phone on your face. 

Community Member

Stop using eBay, sellers have no rights
Community Member

Ok thank you for that, but know theirs a problem some where. I understand you deleted them but I'm not sleep walk when I do this I would know about this not trying like a smart. Was my credit card put into them all couldn't of been as I'm only '
Trying figure it out again
Again thank you for that.
Community Member

I have purchased three items five months ago. I written feedback & can't delete them from my purchased list. Ebay has not been able to correct this issue. I'm extremely disappointed.
Community Member

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH EBAY SINCE 1999 AND THEY ARE GETTING TO DUCK REALLY BAD.I SELL ON EBAY AS A HOBBY BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME ANYMORE EBAY DOESN'T GIVE A SHIP ABOUT THE SELLERS.I WAS TOLD I WAS LIKE WALMART IT DOESN'T MATTER A CUSTOMER CAN RETURN ANYTHING.AND I'M GETTING THINGS RETURNED THAT WAS BROKEN AND WASN'T MINE.I MARK MY THING WITH A UV MARKER FOR PROOF AND EBAY WON'T ACCEPT THAT SO BEWARE NEW EBAY SELLERS FIND ANOTHER SITE.
Community Member

in reply to patsypiano
I meant NOT as good as picture
Community Member

in reply to patsypiano
mistake: I meant I receive aa bag that was NOT as good as the picture.
Community Member

in reply to eri_under

I notice Ebay says bid now and get the item.  The bid only gets more competitive bids and puts the item higher which is what ebay wants.  You are better off seeig how the bidding goes instead of having a bidding war.  pat Stockbridge

Community Member

in reply to railerwill
Not any more. Buyers don't come first any more. I received a bag that was as good as the picture. It was flimsy and was sent wrapped in a ball of saran wrap. The days of protecting the buyer is over. Pat Stockbrige
Community Member

Re: Buyer Complaints? There are some..

in reply to gothicempire
Have you found a comparable site to sell on? If so how's it working? I'm out too. # years top seller rating for most and the past 8 months is a nightmare with Ebay