cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

it tells me ebay screwing sellers and favoring buyers--even if they are scammers....

Message 2 of 701
latest reply

IF  your claim was true, I'd say that one is not likely to hear much prisoner complaining, when it is the prisoner holding the keys to the jail!  ;\

Message 3 of 701
latest reply

yellowrosebeto
Enthusiast

YEA, EBAY SCREWED ME AS A SELLER!!!

Message 4 of 701
latest reply

yellowrosebeto
Enthusiast

I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT, BUT EBAY WONT LET ME YET, HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS

Message 5 of 701
latest reply

Clearly base on your feed back left for others, ebay is not a good fit for you.  Why not just walk away & when the 30 days have passed, close  your account & move on with life.

Every time an animal finds a forever home, an angel gets their wings. Every time a pet is spayed or neutered, two angels get their wings!
Message 6 of 701
latest reply

That is because as a seller you have no recourse when a buyer wants a refund even though he knows he bought a used item in "as is" condition. Ebay allows a seller list the option to give a refund after a certain amount of time. If the seller elects not to all the buyer has to do is file a dispute against the seller and then the seller is basically threatened by Ebay into giving a refund or Ebay will just pay the buyer and charge the seller for it. I have had this happen to me and when I got the item back found that the buyer messed with it and made it inoperable because they didn't know how to operate it. So I got stuck with damaged and unusable items.

What a racket!

Message 7 of 701
latest reply

Recently i was exchanging emails with "ebay dean of education"  about refunds (partial) and SDR being unfair-- by being anonymous it denies recourse to sellers.

i gave this as an example. i had a pocket watch listed. item description read: "in order to run right, it needs its hairspring replaced"  One buyer showed interest. we exchanged  several emails before he bought the watch.  A few days after he received it, buyer sent me an email saying: watch stops. he wishes to return it. because repairing it will cost too much BUT, maybe we can reach to some conclusion.....I responded "that problem easy to solve. return it for a full refund. Buyer replied the next day, saying "he really likes the watch.  if i give him a partial refund toward the cost of repairing.....etc"

"the dean's" reply:  ebay has rules against that, what the buyer saying is different than what you said in the item description.  ebay does not require sellers to give refund.(!!!!) I replied:  "You are assuming everyone will go by the "rules".  We have laws against every conceivable crime in this country, yet the prisons are full of people who did not live by the rules.  If you believe everything said to you, try this:  I am the Pope.

I pointed out, there are people who are very aware how to--in want of a better example--blackmail a seller to give a partial refund....and sellers are very aware what 

a buyer can do--if a seller do not give a partial refund for an unsubstantiated claim from a buyer, this buyer can go and file "item received not as described" which will go on the seller account, ( that is what happen to my seller account--despite the fact ebay ruled in my favor and it is STILL there) ebay will hound the seller to give refund telling seller if you fail to do that, ebay will give the refund by taking it out of seller's  paypal account....if there is no money in the seller's paypal account to compensate itself, ebay will not think twice before sending the seller to an outside  collection agency. (i never leave money in paypal acc....it is not a bank and not subject to the banking laws.  when i sell an item, i print the postage using the payment, and sweep 

the rest to my bank account after that)

(you can listen to "dean"  tickle you with his wit  and sprout his wisdom on ebay radio)

Message 8 of 701
latest reply

This case was decided in the buyer's favor, so we've asked the buyer to return the item to you for a refund. The buyer has 10 days to upload tracking info, so that we can track the return. Remember, you shouldn't refund the buyer until you receive the item.

This guy has refused to send me pictures of any damage or send the item back.

Ebay gave 7 days to return item and he did not return it.

I am out 750.00 for selling the item and 224.00 for ebay fees and shipping the item plus 200.00 more for buying the engine for resale.

The item was fully insured threw a shipping company.

He can send a emty box and then he gets his money back.

The only recorse is to sue the guy directly in small claims court.

Message 9 of 701
latest reply

Is this all just a waste of time

"Greetings, thank you for purchasing my product

The hard earned money you have paid to me is not in my hands.

I have shipped your item anyway".

I have a 161 rating at 100% no negatives all positives

Message 10 of 701
latest reply

EBAY is a SCAM!!! I have been a seller for over 10 years and things were fine until a buyer got refunded a couple of days ago.  Buyer never notified me. Received "decision" from ebay to pay him from my paypal account. Buyer kept item and got refunded!!! I have been in "on hold hell" with ebay for nearly 40 minutes!!!!  I plan to cancel my paypal account today, and cease using ebay.  Customer service is NONEXISTANT with ebay.  I'm done!!!!!

Message 11 of 701
latest reply

I guess I'm out of step eBay's "philosophy".  I pay eBay a transaction fee and a monthly payment for my store.  I don't know exactly how, but I keep reading that eBay also owns Paypal (?)...I don't know if that's accurate but if so, eBay also makes money each time I use my Paypal account.  In the "old days", that would have made ME a customer.  I'm not just a seller.  I also buy.  But after today I am fully convinced that I am absolutely worthless to eBay.  

I can't help but wonder if more of the honest people vacate, will they continue to make money with what's left?  ...like the "buyers" who spend ZERO $$$. 

After 14 days, I finally have back in my possession the plate that a buyer purchased on May 20.  Today is June 12.  The pristine, perfect plate I sold was returned with chips.  Well, what else can you do when you want your money back?  Everyone now knows that eBay will refund every last dime if you can prove that the item was "not as described".  

Sadly, the problem is one that eBay has created with the "policies".  That's what you have to do to get a full refund.  The other sites I sell on are not involved with my business.  They let the buyer and seller work things out without interference.  Buyers know that if they damage an item, the site isn't going to send them a refund.  I've never had one complaint or return on any of the other sites I sell on.  

Before someone leaves a snarky comment...I know that I can leave.  Unfortunately, I wanted to stay...and I am an honest seller.  I don't think I'll be missed.  

Message 12 of 701
latest reply

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=yellowrosebeto&iid=-1&de=off&items=25...

Message 13 of 701
latest reply

Here is a complaint worth reading.

I purchased a distributor in October 2012 for a Corvette, the listing says in BOLD red print 1 Year Warranty.. I live in Massachusetts and as such the car is garaged for the winter. This distributor has been on the road for two months and has failed. I wrote the seller explaining my issue on twice and have not received an answer. I then called EBay customer service and was told that, "EBay only can help within 45 days after sale," that I will have to contact the seller again and be patient.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I have tried to contact the seller but guess what. No response at all. I bought this item because of the 1 Year warranty. It seems to me that if a seller post any warranty at all then EBAY is obliged to stand behind that by offering help to a buyer.

Perhaps we should "ALL" sell things with a forever warranty on them knowing that as long as we are past 45 days the buyer will eat it.

Yeah I got the old bait and hook. All I got is a Warranty written in red print. Part is broke. NO HELP FROM EBAY!! Which in essence is a scam. My meaning I bought this item through EBAY. EBay allows a buyer to right anything to bait you. EBAY this is the fault of YOU. Not the seller as it is obvious they or at least this person I dealt with knows there is no recourse threw EBay after 45 days as was told to me by some off shore idiot. Next step off to report this to the attorney general for simple "FALSE ADVERTISMENT" that it seems EBAY allows. This is it for me. I have been a customer here for years. Done now.

Message 14 of 701
latest reply

I'll give my two cents worth.  I just got taken by a SELLER.  I purchased an electronic item that was described as having nothing wrong, hardly used.  I received it, tested it, and noticed it had at least three shorts/voltage spikes in it.  I talked it over with my Tech and it wasn't worth repairing.  The seller and I agreed to return it for a refund.  I returned it but he has cut off all communication and hasn't refunded me despite having the item back a full week.  I am currently going through the process of trying to get my money back.  This SELLER has good ratings but used that to get me to close my case against him before I got my money refunded.  Me being naive in this area, closed the case prematurely, because ebay states that I should close the case when I work out a solution with the seller.  It says nothing about waiting until I get refunded, or in what order this process should proceed.  So I screwed up, trusted the seller with good feedback, and sent the item back.  Later I called ebay and THEN they told me how to properly get the refund.  DON'T CLOSE THE CASE UNTIL YOU GET THE REFUND.  A little too late. Why didn't they post that on their website.  All they said was close the case once I work out an arrangement.  How vague is that.  So this SELLER has good ratings despite acting like a crook and taking my $116.  I will be getting bad feedback as I plan to give bad feedback warnings.  I advise you reading this to check out my feedback and avoid this SELLER.

Message 15 of 701
latest reply