cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

The eBay buyer protection is screw the seller. And you better buy insurance, pay eBay 11% PayPal 3.5% and insurance 3%. Whatever is left is for you. (PayPal is a joke they act like the merchant bank 1.5+% and processing bank 1.5+%). Then people use ghost account to bid up products. You will be left high and dry using this site.
Message 391 of 701
latest reply

E-bay is squeezing the life out of its sellers. Perhaps someday they will get a clue that it is not buyer dissatisfaction that is driving their loss of sales into the ground but it is in fact their current policy that is driving ALL THE GOOD SELLERS elsewhere and keeping the BAD sellers in  business because the bad sellers just don't care about taking advantage of hard working people. It's a vicious cycle and just like a PONZI SCHEME, It will someday collapse.

Message 392 of 701
latest reply

You could have offered to match the price. What would be the difference if he paid for it and sent it back. You would still have to re-list it. My biggest pet peeve with the sellers are they ask way too much money for S&H.

Message 393 of 701
latest reply

I sold an expensive bracelet to a dishonest seller. It was used and I disclosed there were scratches. He was upset over the amount of scratches and even created additional scratches. eBay allowed him to return a damaged bracelet and sided in the buyers favor. I had no opportunity to defend myself. The claim was opened and closed without any statement from me. They based their decision off of our messages but I was mostly ignoring the messages because the guy was harassing me.

Message 394 of 701
latest reply

You have to consider that the seller buys packaging as well. Some locations charge more for postal than others.
Message 395 of 701
latest reply

Ebay just protected a sleezy buyer and as a 12 seller with 100% positive rating, cost me $1200. Sellers have no protection.
Message 396 of 701
latest reply

I as a seller have received a horrible, insulting, profanity, rude email from a buyer as something I shipped arrived broke, things happen but when is it ok for ebay to allow that type of abusive language and insults? Ebay lacks communication and somebody get's to say what their idea of right or wrong is, I've lost money due to no help or backing from ebay. So it just depends I guess, who views the case and makes the decision, I sure have never came out on top!

Message 397 of 701
latest reply

Well folks, I am a buyer.  I purchased an item for $2575 through ebay with our credit card.  Ebay sent the following email;

Date: Feb 29, 2016 8:44 PM

Subject: ORDER: 4x6x7 Custom Recording Booth

To: <tsmanns1@gmail.com>

Thanks for your purchase.

eBay

Thanks for shopping with us. That's it, you're all set. We'll let you know when the seller marks the item as shipped.

View order details

4x6x7 Custom Recording Booth

Item Id: 252266987433 Transaction Id: 1809476394015

Please contact seller for more information.

Free Shipping

Paid: $2,575.00 with Credit card

This was on February 29, 2016.  I have yet to receive my purchase, despite the 2 months of emails with seller indicating that they are prepping order for shipment (May 10, 2016), it is ready for shipping (May 19, 2016).  Or that the shipper would be contacting me within the next day or two (June 7, & June 13 & July 5, 2016).  I contacted ebay to see what the procedure was.  Do I contact the seller first or am I supposed to go through ebay.  Ebay says they don't dispute that I got an email from them confirming the purchase, but they don't show payment was ever made.  Even though the above email gives a transaction number and thanks me for my purchase AND says PAID WITH CREDIT CARD. Hmm. So they are unable to help me in any way. So, for the record.  Buyers get screwed also by ebay.  At least I can dispute the almost $800 in upgrades to paypal.  Guess I should have done the initial purchase through them as well.  I have a 100% buyer rating with ebay, I pay upfront every time. The person I spoke with says this type of issue with proof of payment never happens at ebay.  Instructed me to go through my credit card company and do a charge back.  In a nutshell, not their problem. 

Very, very dissatisfied buyer.

Message 398 of 701
latest reply

Unless ebay deletes this like they did the negative feedback I left for the seller, here's one from a buyer.

Seems like even if you pay with paypal, you can't go to paypal for a refund when you purchased an ebay item.  I am now stuck with either a dishonest seller who sends just anything in the mail so he can get a tracking number and say the item was delivered or nothing.   Ebay will not help me as a buyer.  I live in a rural area with multiple emails and seller says he has confirmation that the items was put in or at the mailbox.   What the heck!!!!  I never received it.  I am done ordering with ebay because their ebay buyer insurance is a load of boloney.

Message 399 of 701
latest reply

Makes you wonder how many negative complaints are deleted.  Guess feedback should be taken with a grain of salt.  I just had a negative complaint removed from a seller who refused to refund my money or deliver another item after it did not arrive.  I am furious.  Ebay shields sellers from bad behavior.  My trust index of ebay has gone down allot.  Proabably will use other online services more, even if they cost more.

Message 400 of 701
latest reply

Have you received it yet? That's completely insane!
Message 401 of 701
latest reply

I agree, i was just scammed on ebay by a seller and ebay stuck by the seller.
Message 402 of 701
latest reply

Hi there my name Abdulla Alsaadi from UAE I bought many pens from your respected company Cople months ago and they already tock the problem price
Here my address 

Message 403 of 701
latest reply

oldguyrich
(184 ) View Listings
Community Member
|
|

the seller sent me and Ebay a tracking number, and sent me an item and a note in the photo. They sent it using the original tracking number. I ordered it july 17, it was expected August 4th. So according to Ebay, I have received my original item. I haven't. I tried to file a case, they ruled against me. I appealed it, they ruled against me.....I can't file feedback......is this the current Ebay stance on things? The big big sellers make up the rules???
Message 404 of 701
latest reply

tomacuse44
Pathfinder

I accidentally bought the wrong size vacuum tube and tried to cancel that same day.  The seller told me I was too late.  

Unfortunately I didn't file the return until after 30 days (32 to be exact) so neither eBay nor the seller would take the return.  

I asked the seller to be flexible since I tried to cancel.  The seller admitted seeing the cancellation attempt but then told me 'no'.

I left neitral feedback giving 5-stars for shipping and 2 for overall satisfaction.  The seller contacted eBay, closed the return request and deleted my feedback.  This is the note the seller sent back to me after the request was closed  (this note was not sent during a dispute and therefore eBay should allow me to publish):

New message from e-tech-enteerprises
I contacted Ebay and had your feedback removed. It was completely unjustified. You cannot penalize a seller for your own ineptitude. You had over 30 days to contact us regarding this return. The cancellation had no impact on your 30 day return window. Ebay's return window begins after you receive the item, not from when the purchase is made.

30 days is more than enough time, plenty of time, to get a $38 return handled. You chose to delay it for your own reasons which means we should not be held responsible in any way.

Instead of having dignity and treating others fairly, like we do, by following our advertised policy equally with all buyers, you chose to hurt our reputation for absolutely no purpose, no gain.

Your actions demonstrate the class level of a person you are, that you would do such a thing for a $38 transaction, that you were going to spend $10 to ship back, just to get $28 in your pocket.

You are now Blocked and exposed in the seller forum so others can block you also.
Message 405 of 701
latest reply