cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I try to use the Resolution Center and when I click on "Continue" , it returns me to the first screen for that process-- just running around in circles. The seller issued a tracking number 4 days after I bought the item. A week after that, the tracking number is still not active and the seller has not answered my message from two days ago. Now there is no usable Resolution Center at eBay.

Message 316 of 701
latest reply

Not always true, that eBay protects the seller. We have read complaints where buyers modified or removed a component from an item they purchased on eBay, then submitted a claim for a refund.

Although I attempt to use eBay as little as possible, prior to listing an expensive piece of office equipment, an acquaintanced cautioned that this very thing happened to him. His product was new, in an unopened box, never removed from the box. He took photos prior to shipping the equipment, but left the equipment in the factory box, since that is the way he advertised it. The customer submitted a claim for a return and full refund of their purchase, citing missing parts. The dispute turned into a prolonged, time-wasting battle, eventually, through a great deal of effort by the seller (again, a great waste of invaluable, irreplaceable time), culminated in the seller being credited the full amount of the sale. Side note: he no longer uses eBay.

On a remotely related matter, eBay's 10% commission rate is far too high. Unless you use eBay frequently for selling, the interface is cumbersome, disorganized, unwieldy, disjunctive (links, menus, drop-down menus, account features, etc, etc spread all over the eBay page/account), unprofessional and the list goes on, even for someone like me with an extensive, in-depth technical background.

Further, more than any other sales/advertsiing medium, eBay buyers typically are looking for something for nothing, while expecting high-quality, yet those same individuals expect to get paid top dollar for items they sell.

Ebay, 10% commissions? I don't think so. As with a multitude of current and former eBay sellers, that commission is far too high for the level and quality of service sellers receive. 3% commissions? Possibly.

Message 317 of 701
latest reply

As stated in a previous post, we have read and heard this complaint about eBay numerous times, both in reviews and from trustworthy, honest and professional business people (who were simply trying to liquidate inventory, overstock, etc). From a marketing and corporate perspective, eBay is a "backward" thinking company.

The buyer comes first, because that is their biggest audience, eBay's initial target when it first launched (i.e. initially they were focused more on the hits, viewers than on sellers). For the level of service sellers receive, and the poor, sub-standard quality of a majority (not all, but most are looking for quality at dirt cheap prices or as close to nothing as they can get) of the buyer demographic (buyers mostly come to eBay for one thing, the lowest price), the poorly structured, disorganized, cumbersome, unsophisticated and generally unprofessional seller interface eBay's commission rate might be better suited at 3% maximum.

Message 318 of 701
latest reply

similar issue for me  I have used Ebay and Paypal for over 10 years and have a 100% rating for 350+ buys and 6 Sells. Ebay just stung me for 10% of the sale in their fees + paypal decided to withhold my funds till the buyer provides feedback and receives the goods? they may release the funds in 3 weeks???

This company is now out of control. They do not address any complaint or issue just give you the ole I have ignored everything you say , its our way or the highway and "have a nice Day"
Im using other sites from now on just lost $25 in charges, fees and extra costs for a $100 item.
had I have realised all this I would not have sold the goods!!

Message 319 of 701
latest reply

Me too I have been burned by these buyers filing claims so they can get the merchandise half price because you no that paypal and ebay will give them a refund even if they are wrong.I just sold a painting in great condition.Packed the hell out of it bought insurance and shipped to the seller.The corner ended up broke so buyer wanted it half price .He refused to file the insurance claim probably because he is pulling something sneaky and ebay is gonna make me refund the money when I did nothing wrong.The shipping company obviously broke it or whatever happened to it get my drift. I can not be held responsible for what happens after we ship it that is why we buy insurance for the customer.The buyer refused to give the painting to the shipping company to evaluate the claim and so now I have to give him a 300.00 refund plus pay the 70.00 shipping back or lose the painting and the money.In other words seller gets the shaft again and final time.I have had this happen three times to many.Buyers no this and are defintly taking advantage.Never once had this happen on other sight i sell on.imagine that!!!!!! ebay cares zero for honest sellers with 100 percent feedback.
Message 320 of 701
latest reply

Over there are complaints from buyers also I had ordered an item through eBay and now I am trying to get my money back because the seller doesn't reply to messages and never ship the product I have called eBay 3 times about their purchase guarantee only to get a giant run around. I was given the number for corporate and this is a number that you have to go online they have no one to talk to you I think eBay is a joke and I will never order from them again I will go through Amazon from now on
Message 321 of 701
latest reply

Well, I am one and furious!

Ebay acts like a legitimate vender, especially when items are sold and new and unopened. I mistakenly assumed new and unopened meant manufacturer's warranty. But no, Ebay is not considered a legitimate seller by the manufacturer. The faulty product is also not warranted by CenturyLink, the label on teh product. It is also not warranted by Ebay or Paypal. So don't read any claims of consumer protection as meaning support or resolution form any of the above. Either plan on buuying Ebay's own insurance (assuming that is legitimate) or go to Amazon and pay a little more. I know they care for the customers.

Message 322 of 701
latest reply

I can echo all the comments here about buyer complaints.  I recently sold a new item for a price below what it was worth to make it sell quickly but said no returns.  The new buyer with a feedback of 12 initially claimed the item didn't work.  After helping him set up the item he confirmed it was in working condition but still requested a return.  I ask for eBay to step in and after over 30 days they side with the buyer, even with clear documentation I met the terms of the sale.  I eat the shipping, fees, and most important all of the time it took to sell the item and help the buyer.

After 13 years on eBay, 100% positive feedback, and hundreds of transactions I'm closing my eBay and Paypal accounts.  I can't risk losing my time and money again.  And out of principle, I refuse to do business with a company that treats its customers this way and taking 6 weeks to "resolve" the matter added insult to injury.  I learned my lesson and hopefully others with read this be warned.

Message 323 of 701
latest reply

I bid higher and still lose eBay **bleep**ing sucks
Message 324 of 701
latest reply

Ebay is a buyers institution will no real sellers rights.
Message 325 of 701
latest reply

I hear you. I sold 30 games to a guy who said 0ne was missing and started harassing me. He then complained. EBay then let him keep all of the games and refunded entire money. Unbelievable. Con artists out there. So unimpressed.
Message 326 of 701
latest reply

And left me negative feedback

Message 327 of 701
latest reply

What sites do you recommend me to sale?

I am thinking to move out of eBay.

Thank you

Message 328 of 701
latest reply

I ordered an item from ebay? The item was suppose to be delivered on the 3rd December 2015. It's already the 17th December 2015. I send ebay several request for a refund and up till today no refund. Will not use them again.
Message 329 of 701
latest reply

I am very much unhappy about ebay deals. I still did not get my small hand bag wich I orderd three monthe back. 

Message 330 of 701
latest reply