cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE COME UP WITH A BETTER SELLER/BUYER SITE THAN EBAY!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE A BIG BIG RIP OFF. THEY FORGET THAT WITHOUT 'OUR' MERCHANDISE AND A BUYER THEY WOULD HAVE NOTHING...YET THEY HAVE  CONTROLOVER  ALL OF US SELLERS...THEY CAN JUST PICK AND CHOOSE WHOSE GOING TO SELL AT THE TOP OF THE CHAIN..I HAVE "GIVEN" EBAY OVER 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS WHICH THEY MADE OFF MY MERCHANDISE.........

Message 301 of 701
latest reply

I have been registered on eBay for almost 14 years now.  I have bought and sold throughout those years.  I slowed down on selling when eBay brought out the DSR ratings but still sold because if you need extra money in a short time where else can you sell online?  I do have a shop on another site which is my favorite but inventory can sit awhile but you can definitely get better prices.  Anyhow, I recently listed some items starting at 0.50.  I had a buyer email me and offer a low price for a lot of 15 vintage Hallmark Christmas pins.  I declined the offer and stated that she could bid on the items.  She ended up bidding and won the items.  She sends me an email telling me how to package the pins not to throw them all in a bag.  Wrap each individually but not use packaging tape around and around them like a mummy!  That is what she said so I knew this was somewhat trouble.  First, I am an experienced packer from my years on eBay but I was polite and emailed her not to worry.  I packaged them very nicely and shipping cost a little more than I had charged--happens most of the time.  She waited over a month and just leift feedback which was glowing and then dinged my shipping charges stars so they are now 4.8 from 5.0.  I know it was her because I had all 5.0s until she left feedback.  It was not true what she dinged me on but I again realized that the buyer can ding you or say whatever they pretty much want and a Seller has no protection against lies.  Then, eBay is going to rate you on according to whatever the buyer says whether true or not.  Why doesn't eBay get rid of that shipping and handing charges star?  The buyer can see what the shipping charges are and if they bid then they should be willing to pay the charges and not complain.  By the way:  her feedback is private.  It is certainly not a fun place to sell like it use to be.  

Message 302 of 701
latest reply

I purchased a laptop power cord from glmartpower. I received it but it was the wrong size. After several attempts to exchange for correct one with no results I asked for a refund. the response from glmartpower was: "I have very low fiances and it will take some time to give a refund."
Is this the kind of business members Ebay deals with?

I tried to resolve the problem with the seller as Ebay suggest. Because of the length of time in between emails, the time elapsed for Ebay to resolve the problem

I am not very happy with this and may not use Ebay in the future.
for all those who might consider purchasing any electrical parts from glmartpower, Use caution

Message 303 of 701
latest reply

I just posted a Luis Vuitton bag on eBay listed as non-returnable and is pre-owned condition.     A nightmare experience with eBay customer service as a buyer describes recieving the bag as "not as desribed".   I took 10 pictures of the bag and shipped in great pre-owned condition.    After escalating as a 'fraud' buyer, eBay took the word of the 'buyer' who now has my bag and will not refund me and now tells me we owe eBay or they will take us to collections... eBay is a SCAM for sellers.. Devistated I no longer have by LV bag or my money!!  

Message 304 of 701
latest reply

I agree with you completly there is no protection for sellers and the customer service is the worst 

Message 305 of 701
latest reply

YOU CAN CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND EXPLAIN THIS TO THEM.THEY SHOULD THEN REIMBURSE YOU ALL YOUR FEE,S JUST AS MY VISA CARD DID FOR THE SAME PROBLEM.THE SELLER MIGHT GET MAD BUT YOU,LL AT LEAST GET YOUR MONEY BACK.TRY AND GIVE THEM A CALL.JG

@jo-an-cas wrote:

I ordered an item from a seller in China. I inadvertently ordered twice because I thought that the first order did not go through. I paid the item with my credit card, seller said item will be shipped right away. I started waiting, I know it will take a while, well it's from China. Then Ebay sent me a message saying the seller opened an unpaid item case against me. I emailed the seller, who in turn said Ebay did it. Then he asked if I ordered more than one and I said, yes but by mistake. I told him I deleted it so he answered, that's why. So he told me to contact Ebay to cancel the transaction. Ebay then sent me a message saying the unpaid item case is now closed, it has been recorded and I am no longer entitled to receive the item. Okay, that's done. But the one that I paid for has not come. So, I am still waiting. It's been three weeks.

Yes, that's what happens when one has power and Ebay has become so powerful that it is heartless. They just don't care.

Message 306 of 701
latest reply

SO TRUE !  Ebay always assumes the seller is a crook and a liar, and that all buyers are sweet little ole ladies who never do anything bad or wrong. I am an honest seller who has been burned many times by dishonest AH's on Ebay.

Message 307 of 701
latest reply

Has you noted that since the eBay-PayPal split you are now paying more for less service?

eBay now charges about 10% per sale,

PayPal can (and does) hold your receipts for up to 30 days.

On top of that, PayPal USA customer service reps used to be persons whose first language is English and they were located in the USA.

I had a 2-part local pickup sale worth $533,  9/24 and 10/2 (happy customer)

and am waiting for PayPal to release my money even after a phone call to them

where they kindly explained, several times, that this was for the eBay customers protection.

Message 308 of 701
latest reply

So disagree as a buyer I have found eBay protects the seller
Message 309 of 701
latest reply

I agree. I am about this close to closeing my account.

Message 310 of 701
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
About one more sale and i'm closing mine.
As a buyer that keeps getting the shaft by eBay, I'm done
Message 311 of 701
latest reply

Totally agree, there are other platfirms growing by leaps and bounds. Check itboit.
Message 312 of 701
latest reply

I was threatened to sell a item to a buyer worth approx $14.000 for $300 or else he would ruin my credit and red dot me , he did twice , first tme seller , last time

Message 313 of 701
latest reply

This exact thing just happened to my daughter.    What was your buyers id? 

Message 314 of 701
latest reply

This exact scenario happened to my daughter. She sent her bag to someone listed at a PO Box in Chicago, IL. It was a LV bag. The buyer tried saying it was not authentic and wanted her money back. My daughter refunded the money but never received her bag. We are in an appeal with Ebay. I would like to know if this was shipped to the same person that your are dealing with. It might help both our cases.
Message 315 of 701
latest reply