cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

About one to two weeks ago I recieve a fee on an item that was sold. It was about 7 some dollars. I called customer service, which I my add, one of the lady's that I spoke with was horrible and did not try to help me solve the issue or think there was I problem, to try and see why I had another fee. Ebay took money out of the payment I already had, it was a huge percentage really and because of this I wanted to close my account. When I tried to close the account I got a reply saying I had money tranfers that weren't resolved. I looked and there was nothing that need to be paid and everything had gone through. I had already deleted my paypal account and there was not one thing that should of caused an issue. So I waited some time and tried to close the account again. But I got the same message back. Ebay is literally refusing to close my account at this point. Just today I try to close the account again, they said this time I had recently bought something.... and can't close my account.... But this was a month ago. even though I've waited the correct amount of time, they still won't close the account. 

For the email issue, I have repeatedly unsubscribed from the list, and I still continue to get emails every day. And just today I open one of these stupid emails and the message said there was no content. 

Ebays fee are horrible, you are annoying and literally forcing me to keep an account with them. This is probably one of the worst sites I've had to deal with. I sure will be letting this be known. 

Message 286 of 701
latest reply

EBay's customer service used to be excellent. Ever since they had the Philippine's take over customer service their resolution has gone horribly wrong..TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Message 287 of 701
latest reply

I agree!!! I've been selling on ebay for 5 years. And NOW it's the WORST place to sell. They are not about helping to sell your item anymore. They just want to take all your money with fee's to stay in business. This year was the first time I got a return. Mind you, my listing states I don't Not Take returns. Ebay took the return on my behalf. I wasn't pooped about it until they told me they couldn't refund me the final value fee of that Item I paid to sell. So eBay still charged me 8.20 and I had to pay for shipping. They basically took $15 from me without selling my item. $15 for confusion? ?? **bleep**? ? **bleep** EBAY!!! I can't wait til the system crashes!! It's coming soon.. wake up ppl!!
Message 288 of 701
latest reply

I saw your post and I wated to share with you that there are buyer complaints.  I have beebuying on ebay for 9 years.  I recently had a trasaction that went terribly wrong.  It is the first time in 9 years I ever tried to return som thing.  Short version received an item not as described and also received damaged.  Contacted seller who refused to refund my shipping charges and the box looked like it went through a car crusher.  Ebay customer service stinks and they are of no help what so ever.

Over a nine year period I maybe returned clothing or something that didn't fit.  This is a very different situation.  Being I had not retuned anything I didn't know how to fill out ebays forms as none of the options applied to my particular situation.  I emailed the seller who refused to refund the shipping charges although they were negligent in shipping the product.  The box looked like it went through a car crusher.  Still many email to the seller and no resolution I contact the customer service by phone at different times in order to resolve this issue.  Ebay customer service doesn't know what they are doing.  They admit they have no authority to do anything in the meantime they never told me that the seller had accelerated the situation and I get an email that it was in his favor. What?

Ebay has changed drastically over 9 years.  Can't trust them anymore.  Buyer protection is a joke.  There is no buyer protection.  They want me to return of $40 item at my own expense, which would be approximately $10 or $11 on the destroyed product.and a product not as described in the listing.   Thus I would be out approximately $20.00 in shipping and have nothing to show for it.

This was a very time consuming transaction.  Go look at my ratings 100% positive for every seller that I rated.

I am done with ebay once I receive my two outstanding deliveries after nine years.  EBAY is ruining itself.  For the Buyer and the Sellers.  Good Luck Buyers and Seller......I am soooo finished with ebay and disgusted.  No customer loyalty.  Below are some photos of the damaged box.

Message 289 of 701
latest reply

I just had a transaction in which the four items I bought were not in the box.  The result is that tracking status says the items were delivered.  I opened four disputes, one for each item.  Each item was a seperate transaction with the same seller.  The seller responded to all four disputes indicating that he was sorry that he did not ship the items.  Despite the seller saying he did not ship the items, EBAY sided with the seller on the three of the items and sided with me on one of the items.  All four items should have been in the same box according to the tracking and should have had the same disposition.  I appealed, EBAY said I would have my money back by the end of the day.  It's been four days and nothing has happened.

Message 290 of 701
latest reply

Get used to it or stop dealing with them. As you can see, incompetence and treachery are their standard operational procedure.  I spoke with someone in Germany yesterday. Just ten years ago an outfit like this would not have been allowed to operate in the states. hope you didn't get burned for much. 

Message 291 of 701
latest reply

This buyer has had it! I feel terrible for those with large purchases. I ordered an item on May 7, 2015. I still have not received it. I opened a dispute July 2, 2015.
eBay hasn't even responded! Nothing. Just states it is awaiting response.

Prior to that I contacted the seller and received the most unprofessional reply that I forwarded to EBay in my dispute, 

"Somtimes shipping maybe delayed a little due to Customs checking.Please wait patiently ok?

After you get it,please check the status first if it is in good condition.Contact us for any
problem so that we can help you.

Please,please do NOT open any dispute or case at ebay or paypal,or leave any neutral negative feedback
with 1,2, 3 stars,or ebay will stop our business.This is the new policy of ebay.

We are waiting here on line for you any time,for any needed help:)

Sincerely yours,
28004942*1;
ctouch2015"

If only it were true.

Seeing as this is fast becoming the norm for EBay, I am now making it a point to shop elsewhere.

Message 292 of 701
latest reply

eBay customer service is useless. The 2 idiots I talked to were in Asia! I had a buyer demand to return pre-owned basketball shorts because she said they had a stain. I uploaded pictures of what was actually shipped and no stains. Then the buyer changed the story to a rip. She uploads a picture which is clearly not what I sent her. I upload the actual picture so she and eBay has it.

I refuse the refund. She opens a case so I call eBay & get two people who can barely speak English. They both kept saying that the buyer's pictures had stains & my pictures don't matter.

What good is taking 100% accurate pictures for the listings, when the buyer can just photoshop some and then send them to eBay. The crook gets to keep the shorts and eBay makes me refund.

All a buyer has to do to get free stuff on eBay is say the item is not as described and then photoshop some pictures. I only said item was used & pre-owned so I have no idea how eBay considers that as not as described.

Not being able to leave negative feedback for this dishonest buyer is just plain stupid. Basically now days every single buyer has 100% positive feedback. Feedback means nothing.

Eventually eBay will go the way of myspace, ubid, etc. Fees to high, dishonest buyers and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with!

Message 293 of 701
latest reply

"All a buyer has to do to get free stuff on eBay is say the item is not as described"

Exactly, that is the problem. Smiley Frustrated

The wonderful folks at Ebay have suspended my account because I wouldn't give a refund on an "as is, for parts only" item. I am heartbroken.Smiley LOL

Message 294 of 701
latest reply

Normally, most of the buyers do not read the describion and read what they want to read.  End up the seller is always wrong and got bad rating and even you refund the money.  Forget about ebay's customer services - they are useless.  Thus, I normally do not buy big ticket items just in case I get a bad item and would not want to really bother for refund.

Message 295 of 701
latest reply

Well I hope your doing it without paypal. How do you get in this mafia?

Message 296 of 701
latest reply

They did to me as well.  I was suspended indefinately for using the cancellation 12 times in an annual period (I was a 99.9 with 2500 item sold  Thought it was easier than their other way.  Buyers on ebay just say not as described and want to keep it and get the item paid for and for free shipping as well.  Bull Pucky.  If you check online it has been posted that ebay wants to get rid of all small sellers and cater to only the big guys.  I think that is against some anti trust laws.  I will laugh and throw a party when I see ebay on headline news in bankruptcy or worse.

Message 297 of 701
latest reply

I think we start reaching out to CNBC regarding how eBay is treating thier sellers. Im about 60% away from selling all my invetory. Once I do Im done with EBay. Im doing better without them and less of a hassle of dealing with changing policies and fees. Also, I have less charge backs because Im doing busniess with more of an honest buyer. 

BTW Im sick of seeing how I'm in "violation" thier policies everytime I try to list something. Dont provide me with a link to increase my limits when I cant!!

Message 298 of 701
latest reply

You are 100% right about  eBay's WORHLESS stuid customer "service".   Might as well call the weather bureau and get help. I have a relative who sells on Greed-ebay and she's told me many horror stories about customer "service" transferring her all over the palce or sticking her on hold forever.  That is their MO - you complain too loudly and you get stuck on hold for the rest of the day or transferred to yet another  incompetent idiot with a script.  It SUCKS.   eBay's customer "care" is second only to Verizon.   And their disgustingly wrong policty that the scammers are ALWAYS right?  **bleep** is that all about???   Scammers figurd out vry fast that this is THE Place to ply their trade.   There has got to be a better palce to sell.   

Message 299 of 701
latest reply

It is useless to say in your listing that you do not take returns.  Sellers who do all of th work have no say-so -- Big Brother at eBay decides tht you WILL accept returns even if the buyer is a liar, scammer, deadbeat and/or a criminal.   WHY on earth are buyers who pay NO fees given all the rights???   Whoever put these insane policies in place needs to be shot at sunrise!  It is ludicrioiius.  And it is wrong. Worst of it is no seller can even warn other sellers -- hey, this person is a deadbeat and a liar.  Makes NO sense at all.   

Message 300 of 701
latest reply