cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

eBay is pretty great when you get started or rarely us it...there are so many flaws with eBay that could be easily corrected.

1)  Feedback - Yeah it's stupid and not accurate.  The seller doesn't leave the buyer feedback until the buyer leaves it first, which is backwards.  The seller should leave feedback first since the buyer paid on time or in a timely matter.  Sellers would have way more negatives but since they hold the buyer hostage somewhat, buyers are afraid to leave a negative in retaliation of getting left a negative for no reason.

2)  Selllers don't know how to package their items.  I buy DVD's and it's just sad how a big lot of DVD's are packaged, just thrown in a box and shipped.  DVD cases are usually cracked and the Disc themselves will be cracked.  Sellers try to ship as cheap as possible instead of giving it's buyers good service.

3)  Seller Descriptions:  Can sometimes be completely inaccurate or they'll leave out things.  They almost expect a partial refund will need to be given but they don't care.

4)  Only problem with buyers is the non-payment.  It takes forever for that process to go through and when they don't pay throught the process, it may take 2 weeks to relist your item.  

5)  Opening claims take way to long as well, they should give each party 48 hours to comply and figure it out.  I'd also like to know how to forward emails to eBay to document stuff.  I'm pretty sure I've done it before, they just make it a last resort kind of thing.  E-mails can provide alot and solve matters quickly yet they'd rather have their buyers and sellers **bleep** it out for 5 days.

Message 271 of 701
latest reply

Not to mention ALL communication is one way. They dictate to you and ignore anything you might have to say. I'm not real good with that.

Message 272 of 701
latest reply

What else would you expect from a company that runs the largest rummage sale in the world. People litterally sell **bleep** on this site

Message 273 of 701
latest reply

Well, I expect to be treated right, just like I would treat anyone who deals with me. They really sell feces? 

Message 274 of 701
latest reply

WHAT A GREAT ATTITUDE.IF E-BAY HAD NO SELLERS CAN THEY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY WOULD EVEN BE DOING WITH THIS WEB SITE?I USE TO REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING UP AND LOOKING AT MY SELLER STATUS ON E-BAY.NOW I,M AFRAID TO EVEN THINK ABOUT LOOKING ANYMORE.I HAVE HAD TO GIVE REFUNDS TO 2 BUYERS NOW AFTER 28 DAYS FROM THE TIME THEY RECEIVED THE ITEMS.IF THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE MY REFUND POLICY THE THEY SHOULD CHANGE EVRYONES TO INFINITY AND NOT JUST 2 WEEKS.I HAVE A GOOD STRONG CASE THIS TIME AND A LAWYER TOLD ME ANYONE CAN BE SUED NO MATTER WHAT THEY WRITE IN THIER BYLAWS.I THINK A COURT NEEDS TO SEE JUST WHAT IS GOING ON THESE DAYS AND START AN INVESTIGATION INTO THESE REVOLVING POLICYS FOR ONLY BUYERS.I,M CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AND THEY CAN TRY TO SUE ME BUT I DON,T CARE ANYMORE.IT,S SAD THAT I

@bbis01 wrote:

@sterlingmercantile27 wrote:
So to let everyone know, you are absolutely correct in the idea that ebay caters to buyers not sellers. i was just on the phone with brent p. i asked why does ebay give the option to not accept returns if they are going to let buyers return items even if they are not damaged anyway. His response and I quote" to give the buyers the option to return items for any reason whatsoever" I then asked specifically "so ebay caters to buyers and not sellers?" his response "that is absolutely correct". ebay has no interest in sellers other than to collect fees. they are always on the buyers' side. i have issued refunds to buyers if they show the item is damaged during shipping or it doe snot work when they receive it even though i check the little box that says returns not accepted and also list in each listing refunds and returns are not accepted and purchase is made under this agreement. Just the fact that brent p. admitted that buyers are permitted to return items for any reason even though sellers are given the option to not accept returns is an admission of breach of contract by ebay with each seller.

Someone asked about buyer complaints, well here is a large one. $562.49 from , I filed for a return of funds since seller made excuses for not shipping.   After 5 weeks and the expiration of an Ebay refund request, Ebay said they will intervene.  Ebay says they have to close the return request and elevate the claim and states over the phone I will be refunded the money in 24-48 hours since the seller's response was never received but must speak to their elevated complaint department.  This means Ebay will blow more smoke around the claim and ask for more time to sort it out versus covering the transactions under their warranty. The next Ebay representative tells me I must open a new case and give the seller more time to respond and says they will not credit may PayPal account now.    I do not see all of that in their warranty in the listing.  Ebay buyers can use this thread as a warning of the buyer warranty Ebay claims to offer. The warranty provides more time and choices for a bad seller to dodge repayment and facing disciplinary action. The disregarded emails, texts and promised shipping dates, along with the expired return request are not enough through the Ebay system?  Ebay needs to stand their buyer protection from a bad seller that over the past 5 weeks found time to ship other sales but not my sale.  They also need to stand behind their promise from the first caller that I had waited long enough and process the refund, or the "escalated claims" representative that promised a call back from a manager the same day.  Ebay is ok with me floating $562 bucks for 5 weeks from their seller but  hides from promptly returning funds that were covered through their "buyer's protection."  The irony of this sale includes a warning from Ebay to pay the seller but the transaction required the shipping amount to be calculated by the seller so I could pay.  Ebay requires more time to return funds and investigate claims than they allow for buyer payment; it has been pretty one-sided from a buyer with good feedback and prompt payment to sellers.  The amount of time spent on chasing my purchase, and the Ebay representatives wasted time on the phone which was well over an hour, has made this a transaction to warn others about.

HAVE TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND I,M DISABLED AND REALLY NEED THIS EXTRA INCOME BUT THEY LEAVE YOU NO CHOICES ANYMORE.JPG

Message 275 of 701
latest reply

WE ALL NEED TO START STICKING TOGETHER AND MAYBE JUST STOP SELLING FOR 1-2 DAYS AND LET THEM FEEL A FINANCIAL BURDEN.MONEY SEEMS TO BE THEIR WEAK SPOT SO WE ALL SHOULD LET THEM REALLY FEEL IT WHERE IT HURTS THEM THE MOST.THEY WILL THEN HAVE TO ANSWER TO SOME MAD STOCK HOLDERS.JUST A THOUGHT.JG
Message 276 of 701
latest reply

I feel your pain. The first item I sold  on Ebay was a fiasco. People have figured out that Ebay caters to buyers and are wreaking havoc with the sellers. That is, of course unless you are a "super seller" (which means your volume is so high that you are making them a lot of money) in which case you are immune to the BS that us low level sellers have to put up with. The "buyer" I sold to robbed the parts he needed and sent the item back in pieces! Then Ebay informed me that I owed them 25.00. You can imagine what I told them. Regardless it will be a cold day in hell before they get that 25.00 from me! One and done, got out light. 

Message 277 of 701
latest reply

1.)  EBay needs to review their policies and procedures of handling customer complaints (Both sellers and buyers).  Their customer service reps do not have any authority to make any decisions.  Even "supervisors" are bound by the "rules" and when there is a problem that does not fit the written guidance, they refer to the closest one that they think fits.

2.)  14 years of perfect seller and buyer record does not mean squat to any of the young reps at the eBay call center.  They value the revenue more from fly-by-night Chinese, Russian, and domestic scammers who are eager to take customers' money.

3.)  I will continue to do minimum business with this monopoly, but only until a long awaited alternative emerges, in addition to Craigslist, Kijiji, OfferUp etc.

Most recent frustration is over a seller who failed to send tracking, failed to ship, failed to reply to any of my multiple queries, and when I submit for resolution, eBay expects me to wait four more days, (after nearly a week of no response from seller.)  Whatever...I am so over this company who cannot help their customers in an acceptable manner.

Message 278 of 701
latest reply

Ive been a member for over 15 years but I have had it, the company has lost it's way.  Excellent customer service, but the appeals department is a kangaroo court.   They will say anything and maintain the most disturbing positions to justify a denial of an appeal.  They also throw the customer support reps under the bus.  Nice team! Goodby...  I will be exiting and not looking back. 

Message 279 of 701
latest reply

"They will say anything and maintain the most disturbing positions to justify a denial of an appeal"

At least they acknowledged you, I couldn't even get that from these "jewels."Smiley Surprised

Message 280 of 701
latest reply

I just looked up ebay on BBB and found that ebay must have paid them off good. It says there were 5863 complaints and 5863 of those have been resolved. Really? Mine hasn't. I know of several others that havn't. Corrupted begets corruption. Oh, and on a slightly different note.... those of you saying ebay needs a competitor? they have them but nobody is going to them so ebay stays in business. All I want is the total item description to show up on any item I click without having to "click" on "view item description" hyperlink.

Message 281 of 701
latest reply

Unfortunately, it's not just the little guys feeling the lack of support for sellers.  I've sold over 100k for Ebay and just got **bleep**ped on once again today.  Buyer bought a rare betamax vcr.  Said that it didn't power on and of course I had to pay to have them send it back.  Buyer didn't protect it at all for the shipment and it came back with button smashed and the front face falling off.  Amazingly, I plugged it in and it powered right up and played a movie.

Ebay's answer to me when I filed a complaint????   We don't cover things like this so the buyer will get a full refund out of your paypal account.

So this person gets a full refund and I have a smashed rare vcr that can't be sold now and I had to pay the shipping both ways.

I'm done with Ebay as of today and I made sure I emptied my Paypal account and put stop payments at my bank so they can't steal out of there either.  They want to refund this person, they will have to dig into their millions and pay it out.

Someone said it perfect.....  there are other places to go but everybody keeps staying with Ebay.  All sellers NEED to just do a mass exodus or all Sellers should just not list any items for sale for 1 or 2 months straight.  When it starts to hit Ebay's bank account, then they will start listening again.

Message 282 of 701
latest reply

"I'm done with Ebay as of today and I made sure I emptied my Paypal account and put stop payments at my bank so they can't steal out of there either.  They want to refund this person, they will have to dig into their millions and pay it out."

That's really the only move these ***ks leave you with and the only satisfaction you will get is when they send you a collections email. Then you can smile and hit delete knowing it will be a cold day in hell before they get any more money from you Smiley Very Happy My problem is that I enjoyed buying and wish there were another website with the same format. Oh well.

Message 283 of 701
latest reply

So just because of some jerk that decied to return an item and use the wrong reason I get treated like a "Violator" from Ebay. They lack professional conduct and rational desision making when you are a seller. When you file a complaint about a buyer there's no follow-up. eBay says that they do a monthly "review" of your sellers account they make it sound like there's a person is the one doing the reviewing. Obviously they lack the desire to invest in maintaining the backbone of the their busniess happy. I have never seen so many complains about eBay from the sellers. I get better service from the post office.

Maybe we should reachout to our local news media and see if they can help the "little guy". This might even inspire someone to create an alternative.  

Message 284 of 701
latest reply

"Maybe we should reachout to our local news media and see if they can help the "little guy". This might even inspire someone to create an alternative. "

That's a good idea. Maybe even some national media just to make people aware so they don't go in blind and bent over. If I had known about their backward policy, I would've been content to remain a buyer. I would absolutely love to see an alternative with a similar format. 

Message 285 of 701
latest reply