cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I know I'm a little late in reading and responding to this but I just literally googled "complain about Ebay" for this VERY REASON and saw this thread first and while I am not glad by any means that many others are completely frustrated..I know I'm not alone! I am not a power seller or anything- which is actually more of a reason why I can't accept returns..I spend A LOT of time putting together THOROUGH descriptions because I'm trying to make a little bit of money here. I'm getting close to quitting eBay all together. I am finding that it's the new ones that do it the most- I get all the buyers with zero feedback (I am no longer allowing them to buy from me..I guess I'm slow at learning this) They purchase from me then just decide they don't want it or like it anymore like I am walmart or something. I have no choice but to allow their return and lose more money. I have a buyer now that bid on my item with 2min remaining THEN sent me a question saying.. is new??? AFTER BIDDING ON AN AUCTION THAT SAID TEN TIMES-  IT IS GENTLY USED!! I tried to just have them back out but they still wanted it. We'll see what happens when they receive the item tomorrow. I'm over EBAY. They have too many competitors anyway now. I don't even know if anyone will read this but it was therapeutic as hell to type! 🙂

Message 256 of 701
latest reply

I bought sony xperia mobile today.I got it.seller said it is new in his ad.as I received the mobile today it was found excessive used and more than 200 photos of previous users.not only this much the camera is also not working. display looks almost gone. This is my first purchase from eBay.
I have all the proofs to file a case against this seller.
using frod ad.and said new mobile and send me used mobile.

Message 257 of 701
latest reply

I bought a Galaxy s5 from shztmyy and received a galaxy note 3. It took almost a month to get to me and it is the wrong item. Have opened a whole can of worms with this purchase, and will never buy anything from China again. Have returned this item on my own dime, and Fed ex has been trying for the last 4 days to contact customer to deliver item back to them. Ebay gave me the phone # for the seller, but the phone # they have is not a working number. As of 5/14/15 still not resolved, but to EBay's credit, they are trying to work with me.
Message 258 of 701
latest reply

I bought an item 

I bout the item apon March 13 2015. When the order never arrived, I sent the sellers message telling them that I still had not received my items. I was told that it usually(y took linger then the time frame that is stipulated and that they have two weeks longer then that date. When the time went by and I still had not received my items, I asked for a refund.

I was then told that they were a single mother with children and they needed the income from sales on eBay to live, and they told me they would reship the items. I told them that that was not a problem, and I would still leave good feedback as the mail system is not something that they could control. I now had to wait again. When the item did not show up, I emailed them back stating I still did not receive my delivery. They told me they still had more time then the stated delivery date, and If I could please wait a little linger before asking for a refund. I said I would wait as I had waited this long.

When that time passed, I asked again for a refund. I was told that they would check with the post office without addressing the fact that I wanted a refund.

After no reply, I emailed them back stating I no longer wanted the item, I just wanted a refund.

I was told not to talk to them that way, and I would have to wait till the post office got back to them, but, as this was letter mail, there is no tracking number so what were they waiting for? 

I called eBay. They confirmed all this and although it was past the time, they gave me a refund.

When the seller did get back to me, they did not yet know eBay sent me a refund. And they told me the usual, wait.

I told them that eBay had just gave me a refund and I guess they had not yet been notified. The reply was, that I was lucky they could not get at me, to beat me up I suppose. I sent them a message that I was going to leave them bad feedback then. They replied tauntingly that I couldn't touch them as I could not send feedback as it was over 60 days.

You should be able to leave feedback until the point where you leave feedback weather it is 30, 60, 90, or 305076 days. Everyone should be able to post one feedback per buy no matter how long it takes or sellers will take advantage of good hearted buyers.

I called eBay back and informed them as to what is going on. I spoke to a supervisor who has now put the seller into a watch group where they wilmonitor the seller and cancel the account if they continue this practice. They are also sending a note for the next policy group meeting to look into the feedback rules.

Please do not buy from this seller. Please report this seller, or any other seller who does this to you. In this way only can sellers like this be held to account to good buyers.

Pass this around if you have somewhere you know to report bad business practices. I will be posting this everywhere I can.

avoid them at all cost and read their feedback. They are playing this waiting game with many people and who knows how many more who like me are over the 60 days.

Please help and in this way support all the good sellers out there by getting rid of Al the bad and fraudulent sellers. When they are all gone, what is left are the g9d sellers you should be buying from

Thanks,

James

Message 259 of 701
latest reply

I am absolutely fed up with ebay's feedback system. This was the last straw for me. ebay puts so much value on feedback, but let's buyers/sellers leave false feedback. Even when it is an absolute fact that what they wrote is an absolute lie (not opinion), you will not remove it.
So when someone lies on a feedback, I am the one who takes the hit. I lose an opportunity for Top Seller, I lose customers. It is just absolutely archaic. Get with it ebay. You allow lies, but remove feedback for language? We are all adults here. How is language worse than a flat out lie?
Anyway, back to this guy. I called in to report the issues I was having with this guy. It started with 2 items that I received that were in very bad condition. His listing showed that they were both new and did not describe any issues with them. So I contacted him and asked what his return policy was? He said return them and I will refund you. I then said, when I get a return label I will send them back. He said he wasn't going to pay return shipping. I then informed him that he was liable to do so, because his items were not as described. After going back and forth he then apologizes and issues a full refund but asks me not to leave negative feedback. Which I told him that I do not do that. I left him the feedback he deserved. He replied to my negative feedback by saying "refused to return items took 2 weeks to pay got 1 item for 1$ just want it free" (Lie #1). Ebay would not remove, stating it is an opinion.
Then he buys 3 items from me. I called ebay right away letting them know I was concerned he did this in retaliation. I sent him the 3 items with Signature confirmation. He then opened a new account and ordered another item. I notified ebay of this as well. This was his feedback for item #1 "arived as described, seller is disrespect called me names!!! (Lie#2) As a seller, I never once contacted him, nor as a buyer did I call him names. I called ebay to remove this. Again, they stated it was opinion.

Message 260 of 701
latest reply

I'm so done with these foriegn .... . Buyer said it was absolutely damaged in shipping then when I put an INS claim he backs up and said it was defective. Ebay **bleep**s the sellers and no feedback for the buyers. Im done. 1200 and done **bleep** EBAY

Message 261 of 701
latest reply

I feel you brother. I went to the bank these morning to try and flush these  ...  out of my life (didn't know paypal and ebay are one and the same.) Paypal won't let me close my account because it says I have "transactions pending" but I can't find any. There is no record that these "transactions" exist. These people need to be investigated. Their customer service is foul (was on hold with paypal for 10 min. then hung up.) Add ebay and paypal to the list with Bank of America ans Comcast for worst customer service in the U.S.

Message 262 of 701
latest reply

I see a lot of solutions on here but quite the best thing would be to simply stop dealing with these ... . Any item on ebay can be had somewhere else and most times for less money. It is very freeing. 

I'm very lucky. I learned about ebay's leacherous ways on my very first selling experience (one and done). I only had one bad buying experience. It was the old bait and switch, where they show you a picture of one item and send you something completely different. After numerous attempts at an exchange or fefund, I gave up. It turns out the dealer is a "super seller" ("super" because they have a large volume of sales and make ebay a lot of money) and were impervious to bad feedback like the rest of us "low" lifes. Get out now and free yourself.

Message 263 of 701
latest reply

I ordered an item from a seller in China. I inadvertently ordered twice because I thought that the first order did not go through. I paid the item with my credit card, seller said item will be shipped right away. I started waiting, I know it will take a while, well it's from China. Then Ebay sent me a message saying the seller opened an unpaid item case against me. I emailed the seller, who in turn said Ebay did it. Then he asked if I ordered more than one and I said, yes but by mistake. I told him I deleted it so he answered, that's why. So he told me to contact Ebay to cancel the transaction. Ebay then sent me a message saying the unpaid item case is now closed, it has been recorded and I am no longer entitled to receive the item. Okay, that's done. But the one that I paid for has not come. So, I am still waiting. It's been three weeks.

Yes, that's what happens when one has power and Ebay has become so powerful that it is heartless. They just don't care.

Message 264 of 701
latest reply

I certainly wouldn't defend the E word for nothin but when I order from China, I just forget about it for a min. of 6 wks. Then start making inquiries. It takes A WHILE to get here from China. I'm east coast. Peace

Message 265 of 701
latest reply

And also the new thing now is the list has being removed and you can not ser what you bought and it is so frustrating to me, it happened 5 times allready.

I just started using amazon app and it is ok am happy.
Message 266 of 701
latest reply

Yes someone needs to investigate ebay. How can they hold my money and release it when they say I can have it. Without notice. I understand after I just paid a 300.00 invoice to ebay that my selling performance was low? What?
I'm so **bleep** I removed all my items and I am objecting my last month ebay bill. How dare them. They take my money for their bill then they hold my money for what?
There crooked. Go ETSY!
Message 267 of 701
latest reply

I read it and it was therapeutic to read! I'm done with selling on eBay as well! EBay should be called EBitch! Go ETSY!
Message 268 of 701
latest reply

Yes stop buying and stop selling on eBay. We must shut ebay down. Ebay is the only one making money because they make the rules. They cater to shady buyers and harm sellers just trying to make a buck. Go etsy!
Message 269 of 701
latest reply

Yes, eBay is not protecting buyer they stand for such stupid looser seller, Don't you ever wish to get help by eBay!!!!!!

It is like asking dead people for help
Message 270 of 701
latest reply