cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

No Refund. No item. Negative feedback Deleted.

a significant time has passed since I reported a seller for unethical conduct in eBay, I purchesed an item from them but never got it. I contacted the seller and they told me in so many words that's they would do nothing to help me get my item back. At this point I started a case against them with eBay as well as posted my experience on there feed back to reflect there unethical conduct. eBay removed my feedback and censored me from doing any additional actions.
It's been months since I started the case and nothing has been done. The seller still has my money, still has a 100% positive rating and I have no product to show for it. How often does this happen.
Message 241 of 701
latest reply

So I've had a similar issue and eBay doesn't reply to my concerns . Buyer purchased an iPhone from me and then demands a refund because " my description wasn't accurate" this after I sent many emails describing the item. eBay rules in their favor of course and refunds them saying they are returning the phone to me .. Guess what .. I haven't recv it.
Message 242 of 701
latest reply

Bought an item and seller sent to wrong address contacted them as it was past the date I should have received it I asked for a refund as the tracking number said it had been delivered in CA I liven NM. At that point seller asked me to wait a few days I did nothing tracking still said it was in CA. Opened a case told seller I did not want or need the item they said they would refund the money when the got there item back. Few days later the item shows up gave it to the postal person to return before she put it in the PO Box. Now the seller closed the case with a tracking number saying it was delivered. Now I have no item and out the money as well.

Message 243 of 701
latest reply

I sold an item to a person in Israel. The buyer is great, she is very patient and a pleasure to do business with, however Ebay is causing so much headache.  I already have talked to four people on ebay.  The problem is that I have never shipped something out of the United States.  I did not know about the global shipping program, there was no notification to use them, and did not use their service.  This company (Pitney Bowes) is taking money out of my buyer's account even though again I did not use them, I shipped directly to the buyer's home.  I have asked ebay to have this program call me and no one has.  It is over due now.  Now the buyer will start thinking that I am the problem even though I have been calling for many nights. Ebay needs to get their act together because now I will not get my money for these nice boots,the buyer will get upset, and I will have wasted hours trying to contact these people!!!!!

Message 244 of 701
latest reply

well Here is a story of a buyer getting shafted by the seller, I recently bought and paid for two Sansung Galaxy S5 smart phones I paid 475.00 for each phone and paid thru Paypal. Seller wrote me the next day saying he wouldn't ship the phones until my account was verified by Paypal, whom I then called and they said that they do NOT require that. So I then checked my bank statement which showed that paypal and Techno.trading.house were both attached to the bank statement. They still claimed they didn't paid so I called paypal which again verified that techno.trading.house had gotten paid but this time paypal gives me the payments received numbers for both phones and I sent that info as well to them and they still are just holding my phones and my cash ransom. I called the number that paypal said was the number that they use but all I get is a machine so i left a message but Suprize no reply. This is nothin short of online robbery. So I reported them to the BBB today and filed aclaim with ebay who has been great so far. I have never been treated so poorly as a customer ever, and I have been on ebay for 17 years an. This outfit just doesn't to understand english. So I will get my money back says ebay but I had promised the wife this phone for her birthday and this jerk ruined that for me.

Message 245 of 701
latest reply

Try filing a police report with the postal police (yes, they exist), for mail fraud.

@domsmom0206 wrote:
So I've had a similar issue and eBay doesn't reply to my concerns . Buyer purchased an iPhone from me and then demands a refund because " my description wasn't accurate" this after I sent many emails describing the item. eBay rules in their favor of course and refunds them saying they are returning the phone to me .. Guess what .. I haven't recv it.

Nothing beats a beautiful pair of legs in an equally beautiful pair of nylons.
Message 246 of 701
latest reply

hello, i just was done very wrong by ebay, i try to be a very honest and hard working seller, i can sell to many and no issues, but its funny how ebay has caught me at my worst month i only sold 3 items and then i was forced to refund on one, funny things this, the item im forced to refund on, i purchased from another ebay seller, i gave great feedback as it was as good as it gets, so how can i and another ebay seller be wrong as i have had this ring for quite some time, then it suddenly becomes a damaged product as tis i sell from home and i have no customer base, oh well i am overwhelmed 3 1/2 years of buying/selling, well 5 years buying is all gone as i will no longer do either as i see lifes valuable after 4 mnths icu its not worth me becoming ill on my girlfriend i dearly love who also knows my selling practices

Message 247 of 701
latest reply

Ebay gives overseas buyers up to three months to ship and then you can only leave feedback for the first 60 days. They are far too easy on those sellers. Now I can't even leave feedback, I've made almost 2,000 purchases in the last few months, I average receiving about 1 out of 12 and those I do get take 2 to three months. I wanted to leave neg feedback and it would not let me.  This is very disrespectful to the buyers, they are basically telling us they only care about the sellers and no matter what it takes they will make ebay work for them, even if it costs the average joe $$$. 

Message 248 of 701
latest reply

So here's my complaint as a buyer.  I order a book from a seller in FL.  A different book arrives apparently due to a mix up with the seller pulling the wrong book for the order (one digit off on the stocking slip).  I initiate a return to which the seller agrees.  A week later and two attempts to contact the seller for a return shipping label have met with no reply.  Now eBay tells me if I don't ship the item by tomorrow, I may not be able to receive a refund.  Tried to lodge a complaint through PayPal but they referenced me back to the return status on eBay.  Ebay give me no other options to notify them the seller has not sent a prepaid shipping label. I guess my only other option is to leave negative feedback for the seller, post what a hassle eBay is to work with, and dispute the charge with my credit card company.  Thanks for the difficult time.

Message 249 of 701
latest reply

This has suddenly started happening to me. My items are all quality rollerball pens. In each case, no reserve was posted and I was the highest bidder, but either my bid was cancelled by the seller or, in the most recent case, the seller claimed the reserve had not been met even though there was no reserve. One seller did have the courtesy to reply to me, but only stated that he thought he could get more. Excuse me! Isn't this an auction! If you want a certain price you either place a reserve, which costs money, or you place it for sale, not auction.

I will likely stop buying on eBay since I seem to be wasting my time. There are "stores" online that may cost a tad more, but with no aggravation. On the other hand, I may sell my antique bank collection and it is nice to know that I can simply cancel a winning bid on eBay if I'm not happy with the price.

Any suggestions other than to bombard every social site with his mess n hopes that eBay will ban these sellers?
Message 250 of 701
latest reply

So to let everyone know, you are absolutely correct in the idea that ebay caters to buyers not sellers. i was just on the phone with brent p. i asked why does ebay give the option to not accept returns if they are going to let buyers return items even if they are not damaged anyway. His response and I quote" to give the buyers the option to return items for any reason whatsoever" I then asked specifically "so ebay caters to buyers and not sellers?" his response "that is absolutely correct". ebay has no interest in sellers other than to collect fees. they are always on the buyers' side. i have issued refunds to buyers if they show the item is damaged during shipping or it doe snot work when they receive it even though i check the little box that says returns not accepted and also list in each listing refunds and returns are not accepted and purchase is made under this agreement. Just the fact that brent p. admitted that buyers are permitted to return items for any reason even though sellers are given the option to not accept returns is an admission of breach of contract by ebay with each seller.
Message 251 of 701
latest reply

@sterlingmercantile27 wrote:
So to let everyone know, you are absolutely correct in the idea that ebay caters to buyers not sellers. i was just on the phone with brent p. i asked why does ebay give the option to not accept returns if they are going to let buyers return items even if they are not damaged anyway. His response and I quote" to give the buyers the option to return items for any reason whatsoever" I then asked specifically "so ebay caters to buyers and not sellers?" his response "that is absolutely correct". ebay has no interest in sellers other than to collect fees. they are always on the buyers' side. i have issued refunds to buyers if they show the item is damaged during shipping or it doe snot work when they receive it even though i check the little box that says returns not accepted and also list in each listing refunds and returns are not accepted and purchase is made under this agreement. Just the fact that brent p. admitted that buyers are permitted to return items for any reason even though sellers are given the option to not accept returns is an admission of breach of contract by ebay with each seller.

Someone asked about buyer complaints, well here is a large one. $562.49 from , I filed for a return of funds since seller made excuses for not shipping.   After 5 weeks and the expiration of an Ebay refund request, Ebay said they will intervene.  Ebay says they have to close the return request and elevate the claim and states over the phone I will be refunded the money in 24-48 hours since the seller's response was never received but must speak to their elevated complaint department.  This means Ebay will blow more smoke around the claim and ask for more time to sort it out versus covering the transactions under their warranty. The next Ebay representative tells me I must open a new case and give the seller more time to respond and says they will not credit may PayPal account now.    I do not see all of that in their warranty in the listing.  Ebay buyers can use this thread as a warning of the buyer warranty Ebay claims to offer. The warranty provides more time and choices for a bad seller to dodge repayment and facing disciplinary action. The disregarded emails, texts and promised shipping dates, along with the expired return request are not enough through the Ebay system?  Ebay needs to stand their buyer protection from a bad seller that over the past 5 weeks found time to ship other sales but not my sale.  They also need to stand behind their promise from the first caller that I had waited long enough and process the refund, or the "escalated claims" representative that promised a call back from a manager the same day.  Ebay is ok with me floating $562 bucks for 5 weeks from their seller but  hides from promptly returning funds that were covered through their "buyer's protection."  The irony of this sale includes a warning from Ebay to pay the seller but the transaction required the shipping amount to be calculated by the seller so I could pay.  Ebay requires more time to return funds and investigate claims than they allow for buyer payment; it has been pretty one-sided from a buyer with good feedback and prompt payment to sellers.  The amount of time spent on chasing my purchase, and the Ebay representatives wasted time on the phone which was well over an hour, has made this a transaction to warn others about.

Message 252 of 701
latest reply

I JUST HAD A BUYER SEND ME 8 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS FOR 6 PENNIES THAT SHE SAID SHE DID,NT RECEIVE WITH THE FULL ROLL SHE PAID FOR.THEN SHE INSISTED THAT I SEND HER MORE OF THE SAME ERROR COINS OR SHE WOULD LEAVE ME A BAD FEED BACK.AFTER E-BAY LOOKED AT ALL THOSE MESSAGES THEY DETERMINED SHE WAS JUST TRYING TO SCAM ME FOR MORE COINS.THE REP THEN GAVE ME A REFERENCE# AND SAID IF SHE LEAVES A BAD FEED BACK WE WILL REMOVE IT A.S.A.P.WELL,SHE DID EVEN AFTER I OFFERED HER A FULL REFUND,EXTRA COINS.AND I WOULD PAY FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING.THE NEXT REP I SPOKE TO WHO WAS A RUDE WOMEN AND NOT VERY INTRESTED IN MY PROBLEM SAID SHE HAD EVERY RIGHT TO LEAVE  BAD FEED BACK AND SHE WOULD NOT DELETE IT OR LET ME SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR.I TOOK OFF 29 LISTINGS THAT SAME HOUR AND I REFUSE TO BUY ANYTHING FROM E-BAY EVER AGAIN.THIS COMPANY WILL LOOSE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN,OR I SHOULD SAY MORE MONEY IF THEY DO NOT GET SOME NEW MANAGEMENT AND BETTER TRAINING FOR THOSE REPS WHO ARE ALWAYS ON 2 DIFFRENT PAGES.

Message 253 of 701
latest reply

Caters to buyers, not sellers?   

You're quite wrong there.  What Ebay caters to is Ebay.  It will always choose the path of least effort on its own part to frustrate whomever has a problem.   When I was an Internet vendor, I would never have sold through Ebay. 

However, as a customer, my recent experiences are thoroughly unpleasant as well.  I just spent most of my day dealing with dim-witted vendor mistakes by two vendors: First, failing to specify whether "standard shipping" meant UPS or USPS, then two trips to a distant Post Office to search for the wrongly shipped items AFTER I HAD EMAILED BOTH OF THEM IMMEDIATELY UPON BUYING OF WHERE TO SEND -- Neither bothered to read the emails, then multiple emails back to the sellers (none of which were replied to), then multiple calls to Ebay.  I finally got a refund on one.  But Ebay is telling me I have to wait and then call back AGAIN to get the second refund on the other undelivered product.

I'm sure there are a lot of very conscientious and effective sellers on Ebay.  But what sort of moron fails to post how it is going to ship, ignores a message giving vital shipping information, then ignores all subsequent contacts?  Such people should be kicked off Ebay if it wants to maintain its reputation.

Instead, it hires a lot of young brat bureaucrats who want nothing but to make the person on the phone go away.   I have had vastly different experience with Amazon.

Message 254 of 701
latest reply

I have placed three orders from Chinese merchants on Ebay.  Two arrived.  The third did not.

As a batting average, this is well below whatever the Mendoza Line should be for Internet sales.

Message 255 of 701
latest reply