cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

May I suggest to all EBay folks out there !!!!! Go to see for yourself all the Biddings for gemstones !!!! See how huge price hike happen right under your nose ... It usually happen in the middle of price bidding and some smart aleck will bid 200 percent or even 300 per cent JUMP before the auction ends !!!!! With SUPER VENGANCE TO KILL ALL LOW BIDDERS OUT OF THIS PLANET !!!!!! Wat the heck ... It is just a gemstone !!!! BUT HUMAN GREED IS ALL THERE TO SEE !!!! Real disgusting manipulation of the game of Bidding !!!!!' I am
Going to stay away till EBay start to step in and normalize this way of bidding ... Totally unfair to all normal folks !!!!!!
Message 226 of 701
latest reply

Good for you. I have a similar case and have contacted congress and fbi. Hope all goes well in your case.
Message 227 of 701
latest reply

I always wanted to believe that eBay was a serious place of *free* trustful commerce and I have been purchasing items from eBay sellers for quite a while.

But in the last couple of years, I've had some bad experiences. Two of them I still remember well because it made me think eBay really does not care about the buyers.

The 45 days limit to file a claim is a joke when the estimated delivery goes beyond that period. I was conned by a seller from Canada who did not ship the items I purchased and when I contacted them, they replied that the package was shipped and even gave me a tracking number. It turned out that the tracking number was a fake and when I finally got in touch to the seller again, the 45 days had passed and could not file a case. Lessons learned and about $150 loss.

I checked the feedbacks on the seller and found out that they were racking up their rating by delivering super fast on items with low dollar amounts, but when the transaction was larger than $100, they never delivered and just pushed the buyers our of the 45 days limit by just providing fake tracking numbers and asking buyers to be patient because the items were shipped from Canada.

The most recent case, this month indeed (Nov 2014), was a new con (or at least new for me):  A new con used by the sellers to steal money from the buyers by not delivering the items purchased. It is a maneuver that has the cover up of the eBay policies and their Dispute Resolution Center lack of reading the emails thoroughly.

This con is a very simple one: I bought two items from this seller. The cheapest item was shipped and super fast delivered to me with a tracking number.

Now comes the con: the seller marked both items I bought with the same tracking number  and did not deliver the more expesive item I bought.

When I received the package and found out that only one item was shipped - and the package slip clearly listed only one item - I contacted the seller (by the way, it is so hard to find out how to contact the seller it feels like eBay does its best to avoid us, buyers, to contact the seller) by email. No response.

Opened a request and then the seller replied that the item was delivered.

I replied that the package that was delivered contained only one item and the other item that I bought was not sent and requested the seller to double check.

No response. So I opened a case with eBay Resolution Center and explained them that I had ordered two items and only one item was delivered and the other wasn't, although the seller put the same tracking number for both items.

After several days, eBay sent an email stating that the seller provided the tracking number that showed the item was delivered to my address. True, but the case I opened was because only ONE ITEM was delivered and the second item was not.

But eBay closed the case and I was not given a chance to appeal or ask for a review of my case. I had my negative feedback warning the buyers about this kind of a trap, but eBay immediately removed it.

Lessons learned again. Fortunately, this time it was only over $19 (shipping and tax included).

Again, I checked the feedbacks on this seller and found out that they are doing this with other buyers too and eBay is covering up the scam.

So, I decided not to buy anything from eBay for now and if I need to buy, I will buy only one item at a time.

Amazon is way more reliable then eBay. I did not know that eBay had such a lousy Customer Service that seems not even to read the complaints thoroughly and jumping to conclusions without thinking it through.

I searched online and there are so many bad feedbacks about eBay Customer Service/Resolution Center that makes me wonder if eBay really cares about the buyers or sellers and only cares about the profit they make on us. Yes, I read a lot of complains from the sellers about eBay too.

Message 228 of 701
latest reply

I have had the same thing happen to me. Yet in one of my cases, they sent me an Affidavit to sign and return, I did. After weeks of going through this, they had "no record" of my returning the Affiavit altho I hit reply as requested and returned it.  It was in my sent, but they "did not receive it".  Never to be found even when I RESENT it.

And about "Customer Service" when calling  today my wait was 48 minutes. That is pretty good. I've waited over an hour already.  When you mention it they say "well with the Holidays ..." which is not correct.  It's been this way for several months now.  Last year at this time I never waited over 10-12 minutes.   Customer Service doesn't know what is going on about ANYTHING.  If patient and you call back a second time, the second person tells you something COMPLETELY different than the first person.  And I love after you push buttons for a while to get where you are suppose to be, according to their prompts, then they tell you they have to transfer you to a diff department with more authority or knowledge.  Then the wait starts all over....

We need a GOOD competitor.  eBay hasn't any competitors so they can do what they want and treat us as they want.

Just a real shame!

Message 229 of 701
latest reply

I get this with them.  You pay for your item, they quickly take the money through PayPal. After a couple days Or longer sometimes you contact them to find out Oh it's not in stock, we'll refund your money if you want, or you can buy something else!  So you ask for a refund, another day goes by ... you get your refund HOWEVER it is tied up for 5 DAYS until you get t releasedi back to you.  They are GREAT for that. So are some others out there. Especially when dealing with "charms", seems to be the "OHM" charms the most.  I love OHM charms and beads, it is NOT that company but the company's that sell their items on eBay.  I complained to eBay about that practice.  I was told I could wait longer to be transferred and you can complain however by leaving negative feedback that will be a mark against them.  Well as explained through out these complaints, Sellers work around that very quickly !

Message 230 of 701
latest reply

I am a seller and have been ripped off - with the lies and cooperation from ebay to the buyer.  He bought 2 prs of really expensive shoes from me for $500.  They were purchased in England and I used a conversion chart to note the size.  I did however also list the size from inside toe to heel on the original submittal as well as send the buyer an email to CHCK THE SIZE AND BE SURE THEY WILL FIT before I sent them. 

So the guy contacts ebay and tells them the size was wrong.  I called ebay and explained the size was on the original sales submittal and that I had sent an email to him telling him about the size and to check it to make sure it would fit.  Ebay tells me they will reverse their decision to refund payment in my favor.  I wanted the buyer happy so I told him I'd be glad to refund his payment when I got my merchandise back.  I made another call to ebay and they said they would not refund his payment until they heard from me.  Next thing I know, this guy sent me an old pair of pants and once ebay confirmed the shipment they gave him his money back!  I couldn't believe it!  So I'm out the $500 plus I have to pay fees to ebay and paypal.

Whata racket!  I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and I wish I could find some regulatory agency that ebay is responsible to. 

IT'S SO TRUE THERE ARE NO COMPLAINTS FROM BUYERS - JUST US POOR SELLERS WHO GOT RIPPED OFF WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF EBAY!

IM_SOOZANNE

Message 231 of 701
latest reply

I have been selling since 1998. I have sold many things over the years. I have just been totally blown away by what Tina at appeals customer service just told me. I sold a ps3 last month. It was the original backward compatible one with games and all the original accessories. 5 days after the buyer got it he said it did not work. My listing was as is with no returns but ebay told me I had to. It only return it but I had to pay for return shipping. I did it because I had to . When I got it back, it was missing the 2 games, USB cord, one of the original pamphlets , and the guy sent back a different controller. I contacted him and he said he wasn't trying to pull a fast one and he had the stuff. I told him on Friday he'd have to ship it back to me. He never responded. I spent an hour on hold with ebay documenting this because they don't allow you to do it online and the lady told me not to refund his money until everything was returned. Tonight, I get an email saying they refunded his money. I called and spend 70 minutes on hold until I got Tina. She said ebay policies doesn't cover this. This? You mean they can send an empty box and they get their money back and she said yes because ebay doesn't recognize this issue. What is going on here? She said it's the price of doing business. This was a $599 ps3 with $110 worth of games and I'm supposed to eat that? This is not right and ebay needs to raise its policies. This is disgraceful.
Message 232 of 701
latest reply

yes,i have same shirt buyer receivemy boots and tracking number but complain never receive and ebay refund payment to buyer??!!

Message 233 of 701
latest reply

I gate full for only $15.00 including shipping sale boots and its take from my paypal from ebay BOOT NOT RECEIVE I include tracking number..NO HELP ..

Message 234 of 701
latest reply

Almost 5 months after i did my purchase Im trying to get a logical answer on why the buyer protection was closed all though i returned the item by the book,  i lost close to 120$ , , can anyone help explaining this strange behaviour  from ebay  ?      http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/can-someone/qaq-p/23519920

Message 235 of 701
latest reply

So I had got charged for reserve price on my item. When the mobile app never told me there was one. When I called them to ask about it and request that they reimburse me for my overdraft fee the guy tells me that eBay can't be held accountable for what they're app says and doesn't say. To me that's like I should be held accountable for an app that they failed to test on all platforms that they released it on and he told me that they sent a message via email that I was going to be charged but I never got it and he goes on about how it may have been my email is wrong. But I get most everything else that they send me except one other time. They seriously need to fire who ever sets up they're internet service. And not to mention that I listed the item around 12 times while putting a reserve on it something like half the time without being charged once. I really lost my faith in them because of their respective lack of concern and definitely will not be adding my new card to PayPal after having removed the old one. And that's just the tip of the iceberg

Message 236 of 701
latest reply

Heading over to BBB also for both Payl and Ebay. There is no recourse for an honest seller just dishonest buyers .And allllll the time spent on hold, transfers, apologies (laughable). NO FAITH NOW TO EITHER COMPANY> I will be removing my accounts as allowed. Also a time waster.

Message 237 of 701
latest reply

I am a seller who also is not backed by any seller protection as stated with ebay and paypal. I agree both ebay and paypal only side with buyers even when they are dishonest. The cost to me is overbearing. I sold 2 phones in excellent shape and sent to the buyers just to hear  they were damaged cosmetically. I have many many pictures showing no damage. No complaints of the phone's compatable service and functioning. But I have to issue a refund and pay for shipping to get back defective phones that I did not send or if they are even the original phones I had sent.  Ebay and paypal do not deserve a penny of what they are charging. I agree to report to better bussiness bureau. I am going to and hope any sellers wronged by dishonest buyers and not receiving any seller protection from ebay or paypal to report also. The more of us the better.

Message 238 of 701
latest reply

Amazon more reliable? Not for me. I don't even get paid (even after confirming shipment) 'til 3-4 weeks after the customers' order fufillment.

Here on ebay as a buyer over a month later I still have not gotten a refund from a seller. I've noticed much to my frustration both sellers AND buyers do not communicate, even, as in the case of a buyer as as seller I offered a solution to an order they'd placed...my integrity I guess but no response back. Unresponsiveness in both buyers and sellers is a major stress for alot of people, esp. for me when I'm left in the dark about certain statuses.

Finally I reported the problem to my Bank as paypal really did nothing either. What does "hassle free refund" mean then? This one was not but a near fight....just to get a small $12.00 back.

Another thing is ebay needs to jettison abusive and non paying bidders. Too many times buyers will have a spanking positive ledger but who can see their Unpaid stikes? Nobody. Its affect everyone.

I think both buyers and sellers feel ebay "doesn't care". As a seller I've had resoltions resolved in my favor. As a buyer I've been depreciated by sellers. Sometimes ebay doesn't solution enough up to buyers but it depends too on who one ends up talking to. At least ebay/paypal pays out immediately 'tho whereas (at least with me) amazon does not. I had to UPS a serger not oo long ago which cost roundabouts 60.00. If I hadn't had that in my bank I wouldn've been definitivly stuck for amazon....did not "pay" me 'til 2.5 months later.

Message 239 of 701
latest reply

Seller listed item by ISBN, ebay catalog messed up the description (according to both ebay and the seller). Desciption says "book and dvd", but the ISBN is for the book only. Got the book, no DVD. Contacted ebay, they did refund money, but what I found was a real bargain for both, but not for book only (who'd a thunk I'd find a bargain on ebay?) I talked to customer service, they're not interested in making it right. Second tier support guy was a real jerk. Bottom line of business is, if you advertise a product, you deliver the product if you can, that's the cost of doing business. Guess ebay aint there for ya when things don't go smoothly. I'm done using ebay.

Message 240 of 701
latest reply