cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

You said it! We have been top rated sellers with eBay and I'm so tired of dealing with their outrageous rules. Their procedures do not match thoes of either The USPS or UPS. The newest one now is if an item arrives damaged, eBay forces the buyer to return the item for a full refund. The problem with that is the insurance that is purchased is for only one way....From me to the buyer. As soon as they re box and ship it back, it voids any insurance. Buyers don't understand the difference between "item not as described" and "damaged item". eBay doesn't care. They freeze your money and then take it. We have have excellent feedback. eBay should realize I wouldn't send someone a broken item!!!!
Message 211 of 701
latest reply

Yea I bought a pond aerator from winnky on eBay had a 90 day warranty the ad says the pump will last for years before it needs service 91 days it failed when he has a blatantly dishonest ad for this pond aerator there is no way to warn others about it except for possibly here eBay will do nothing because it's beyond the 45 days . I found out who they really are they are beaver springs aquarium in Wisconsin Dells I called them they will do nothing. I looked them up online and their aquarium riding stables and fishing ponds are all considered a rip off by 99 percent of people
Message 212 of 701
latest reply

Forgive me for not reading all the posts, as this may have been discussed earlier.  Over the last few days I've had a buyer messaging me about an alleged scratch on a doll's face she bought from me a few weeks ago. She wanted me to send her money to help her pay for a professional to repair the "scratch". I refused and offered TWICE to have her return the doll for a full refund. Instead she left me negative feedback. Is there anything I can do???

Message 213 of 701
latest reply

Amen to that! I am both a buyer and seller and I've never encountered so many sellers misrepresenting, if not flat out lying, about 'diamond' jewelry, only to find, buried three paragraphs down in the sellers grammatically incorrect and misspelled description, they're lab created or some such **bleep**. Then they get to hide behind the 'as described' rule. A seller should be required to fill out all applicable spaces in the 'Item Specifics' area, type of stone, metal etc. Instead they're allowed to omit any negative information that may educate a buyer into NOT BUYING! It reflects badly on everyone and makes buyers hesitate to bid without reading ten paragraphs of misleading words etc. We all know it's the final two minutes of bidding that count but lately I'm too nervous to bid lest I fall into a trap. I've taken to sending reprimands to these sellers in their 'ask a question about this item' space. I realize it's petty and I prob sound like every power hungry mean teacher or police officer but I don't care, it makes me feel better !
As for buyers, it's ebay! It's one big garage sale. I've seen people selling pre-owned nighties...WITH MATCHING PANTIES! Buyer beware, grow up, and put on those big girl panties, (that you bought on eBay). Realize when you've been taken, make a complaint and never buy from anyone with less than %100 rating and at least a year membership.
I do think there should be an independent rating system which is not controlled by eBay. I'm tired of the seller nazis who hound me hourly for a %100 rating and veiled threats if I fail to do so. I think some have large men with bats who may come after my kneecaps.
Thank you. That was cleansing. I feel much better! Must go....there's a diamondette ring auction with my name on it about to end !
J. C. Stewart. Christys733@gmail.com
Message 214 of 701
latest reply

I left a general post earlier but am inclined to add my two cents. It is unfair to purposely mislead buyers in the listing title and bury a ,"by the way not really" three paragraphs down in the sellers description. I.E. "Diamond and 14k gold ring", then later, "lab created diamond, 14k gold electroplate ". There's a difference between advertising your good points and misrepresenting your item. I believe %99.9 of buyers would expect an actual autograph on the item if the listing title said autographed, and if the seller is being honest with himself so would he. It may not technically be against the rules but it's definitely against what your mama taught you!
J. C. Stewart. christys733@gmail.com
Message 215 of 701
latest reply

And you all wonder why eBay dopesn't care about the buyer?? Because the seller pays all its fees, and the buyer pays them nothing! So, the ONLY recourse is for all the buyers to quit buying, then the sellers won't be able to sell anything because there are no buyers, and then maybe eBay will reconsider their position. 

My biggest concern with eBay is that 90% of the sellers are selling knockoffs of DVD's. Yes, 9 out of 10 different sellers sent me knockoffs...illegal, pirated material! And now they have suspended ME because I have made too many "item not as described" complaints".  So, they're saying that it is OK for the sellers to send me illegal pirated material, but it's wrong for me to complain about it! I send each and every pirated copy to the MPAA in California at their expense, so I don't keep any of them in my collection. And every single one I have sent them has proved to be a knockoff. They're easy to spot by just putting the DVD into a computer and doing a directory of it. If it has 4.5G of data on it, then it is a single layer DVD, NO U.S. OEM uses single layer DVD's. It even is printed on the outside of the box that the DVD's are "Dual layer", but none of the disks inside are! A dual layer DVD can hold up to 9.5G of data. So they're compressing the data to fit onto a single layered DVD blank, and they also have removed the CSS protection, which makes it possible to file copy the data on that DVD to a hard drive or another DVD blank. If that CSS protection were present, that would be imposssible.

So I have tried to cancel both my PayPal account AND my eBay account since this is unacceptable to me. If only more buyers would do the same! 

omahamike
Message 216 of 701
latest reply

I received stolen item from discountcellular and wasnt given much help at first
Message 217 of 701
latest reply

Do not trust high bid i lost a bid war when they said i was high bidder until the last second and lost auction **bleep**s
Message 218 of 701
latest reply

I have a number of complaints as a buyer but all in all I am not unhappy with most of my experience.

1.  I was threatened by eBay staff with being banned from the site because I rated sellers low on cost of shipping when I could clearly see they had over-charged me for shipping.  These were not complaints about the merchandise or the other starred criteria (which I rated highly), but when a seller charges me more for shipping than he or she paid, I didn't give them 5 stars.  eBay deleted all of my reviews and threatened to ban me for life.  I rate everything now with 5 stars because I don't give a **bleep** anymore.  If someone is overcharging for shipping, I simply don't even consider buying from them...ever.

2.  Sellers pad their titles with brand names and descriptions that are lies so that when I search, I end up with a ton of results that do not belong in my search list.   When I have sent copies of the misleading titles to eBay, they seem to wait until the listing expires to answer me and then claim they can't do anything because the listing has ended.  Just search on All Clad and see how many items that are NOT All Clad get included in the search.

3.  I cannot exclude sellers from all of my searches unless I do it one seller / search at a time.   There are sellers of women's clothing who refuse to include measurements but insist the buyer pay shipping to return if the item doesn't fit.  They tell buyers to go the manufacturer's website to get the measurements.  Having worked for a garment manufacturer, I can tell you measurements are all over the place so you can't use their standards for all garments. I want to exclude these sellers from all of my searches as well as about 15 others whom I know overcharge for shipping.  I do conceed that this may be due to my own lack of knowledge here so eBay, tell me how so I don't have to do it individually with each search.

4.  I am frustrated by all the **bleep** eBay crams onto my page.  It takes my half an hour to find what I'm looking for and as soon as I do, the next time it's different.

That all being said, I remain a loyal eBay buyer because of the amazing deals I get and the availablility of things I could never have found elsewhere.

Message 219 of 701
latest reply

Yes, this same thing happened to me, the USPS did not deliver the package to the shipping address.  The seller took no responsibility for the mis-delivery as the USPS tracking system said 'delivered', although it was not delivered.  The USPS  is the cheapest form of shipping.  The seller had insurance on the package, however, because the USPS tracking information said 'delivered', the seller told me that it was delivered and there was nothing they would do.  I think the seller has been around for a while, and knew the system, that it did not matter to her whether the package was lost, she still got her money and there was no recourse for me to claim that I did not receive the package.  Very unsatisfactory!

I went onto Ebay to provide negative feedback, however, the seller automatically gets a 5-star rating, if they provide free shipping!  What a scam!

What I would recommend for buyers on eBay, is that, if there is free shipping, contact the seller first, and require that the package be sent by a courier company, not by the USPS, who, according to my source, says they are not reliable and frequently misplace packages.  Also, email the seller before buying to get their agreement that, for whatever reason, you do not receive and sign for the package, that the funds will be returned.  You could use this confirmation to provide to Paypal to reverse the charges. 

I am still disputing this charge with Paypal, as I did not receive the package, so we will see where it goes.

Message 220 of 701
latest reply

You think UPS lost item & filed delivered?
Message 221 of 701
latest reply

I purchased a tablet PC on ebay.com  on 25th August 2014, I received the item after a month and the display was faulty (each time I hold/pickup the tablet PC part of the display LCD liquid keeps moving around) and I told the seller .

I sent pictures of the LCD screen damage and the seller  replied to me on ebay messenger and agreed to give me the full refund after I return ship the item and the seller receives the item.

I shipped the item on 1st October 2014 and it was send to the sellers address on the 6th of October 2014. I kept on reminding the seller that he/she has the item and to send me the refund. The seller  gave me excuses that he/she has to get reports and again and again the replies were more reports.

Today it's 40 days since the seller  has received the returned item and sill has not given me the refund money.

I have pictures and videos of the tablet damage and now the seller is saying there is no damage. Then in another message the seller says a tablet cable is missing, which he cant say as I packed everything which was sent to me (USB to Micro USB cable, USB to Power cable, Power Adopter, Instructions and EVEN THE GUARANTY PAPER was sent back to the seller.) INCLUDING the envelop which the seller sent the tablet to me was sent back to Hong Kong.

8th November 2014 - "NO REFUND MONEY AND NO ITEM" eBay's Resolution Center Policy.

Message 222 of 701
latest reply

There are loads of scammers and theives. Bottom line start shopping at stores again, at least you get to take home the item you buy.

I bought my son a PS3, with his money from a seller on ebay. today it's been 8 days, seller says they are too busy to ship it to me. Ebay says give them more time... **bleep**? Unbelievable! Love it how ebay protects **bleep** sellers, makes the whole company look bad, do they care? NOPE, eBay is very rich, they do not care about us that make them rich, if we don't use eBay others will... they continue to prosper. Scammers and theives are highly protected through ebay redicolous policys. Disgusting.

Message 223 of 701
latest reply

Hello !! I am a newbie here and bidding for gemstones is fun !!! But there is one weird thing about Bidding !!! I studied human psychology and Bidding can be easily manipulated by market demand and forces !!! As a normal person ... We all take risks. !!! BUT NORMAL PEOPLE TAKE SMALL RISKS IN Bidding !!! Here I experienced usual price spike when I was bidding for a gemstone. !!! As a cautious Bidder for the first time ... I take small risk of $20 to start with for this particular gemstone ... And I became the Highest Bidder of the day !!!! Less than 24 hours later ... Someone under Private Listing bid 200 percent for that gemstone !!!!!!! How unreal is tat ??? My theory is this. !!! When you compete with normal folks to bid each other out of the game ... 100 percent of these folks will cautiously bid with small spike up here and there .... Making Bidding fun to watch !!!
BIUT when spike hit up the roof of 200 per cent !!!!! TAT IS SUPER AGGRESSIVE !!!! I became very suspicious on the pattern of bidding here !!!! I REALISE price spike come from 2 sources !!!! One ... There is a possibility of the Seller jack up the price to the profit margin he want to make !! So call his people to masquerade under Private Bidders to bid to such a 200 percent JUMP !!!!
So the next true Bidder will have to play along if he SOOO desires for that gemstone !!!!!! TAT IS UNFAIR BIDDING AND FIX UP COMPETITION !!!!! As a Bidder , I would behave within my parameter to take risk slowly and cautiously !!!!!! Look like a super shark Bidder pushes up the playing field to 200 percent spike JUMP !!!!
NO WAY !!!! EBAY !!!!
You are not acting responsibly towards normal
bidders like me and normal folks who bid for fun and winning for small gain !!!! We are dealing with BIG FISH in
Uncharted waters !!!!!! No eBay for me !!! I AM OUT !!!!

Message 224 of 701
latest reply

eBay , care to comment ???? Why EBay is founded in the very first place ????? Leveraging and giving normal people opportunities to make smal gains and l profits on a platform !!! Equal playing field and NOT manipulation of prices in SUPER AGGRESSIVE BIDDING BEHAVIORISM !!!!!!!!
Message 225 of 701
latest reply