cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

Looks like to me Ebay wants the buyers and sellers to turn on each other I thing that is their game plan.Cause Ebay and PayPal are the same company and a buyer opens a case against a seller the money gets pulled out of the sellers acount and paypal holds it till the case is settled.So how do you thing makes the interest on the money not the buyer or the seller but PayPal And Ebay.

PayPal told me they can hold the money up to 90 day 

Message 196 of 701
latest reply

keep getting  this error message and it needs to be fixed . has happened many many times

"The information you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time."

I cant close a case and seller wont refund money . please fix

Message 197 of 701
latest reply

I have bought an item which turned out to be defective for which I initiate the refund claim. 

Now the interesting part starts. One eBay representative called me up and told that I will get the refund in 7-10 days and closed the claim.

2 weeks passed and no refund at all. Again called up the customer care and been told that I will get it in 48 hrs max. Same story and no refund whatsoever. I called up agin to customer care and asked for supervisor as shown in reslution chain. The customer care did not connect me to supervisor instead told that I will definitely get the refund in next 48 hrs as the case is now heighest priority.

But the usual show repeated and no refund happened. I called up again to customer care and asked for the supervisor. This time got conected to the supervisor and been told that "we are very sorry for the problem caused, the refund will for sure take place in next 7-10 days".

What a plain lie from the supewrvisor too. I did n't receive any refund even after two weeks. I tried to contact via mail whic didn't get any response till date. All this time I couldn't do any thing against the claim since it has been closed on fisrt day itself to clear off theie pending checklist.

I ask a simple question: why to lie on the name of some eBay gurantee for protecting buyers's money when eBay has no intention for doing the same. Is this the way a widely self proclimed best consumer expeerience company should behave to the customers? Why dont it simily put it on display "buy at your own risk". At least we'll be saved from trusting and wasting time on the return/ refund and any other follow up procedures.

I made a big mistake, shpopuld have gone for Flipkart or Amazon which are much better in responding and taking actions.

Message 198 of 701
latest reply

The sellers take all the **bleep**. The buyers have it made! I quit selling for a few years for 2 reasons. 1. the buyers do not leave feedback (too lazy I guess) I have sold over 1500 items but have a tiny feed back, STUPID! 2. as a seller, I got tired of sending out items only to have buyers say it wasn't received and I had to give a full refund!!

This is a situation the buyers and sellers will always have. The customer IS NOT always right but in the eyes of eBay they are NEVER wrong!

Message 199 of 701
latest reply

I take exception to your statement "The sellers take all the **bleep**. The buyers have it made!".

But first, it is the principle of the thing, not the the minuscule amount in dispute.  I couldn't care less about the amount, but that the seller lists a NEW item, ships junk, and does not pay return shipping, that I do care about.  The way I look at it is if a seller does that a thousand times, then it costs buyers thousands of dollars and encourages sellers to not be concerned about what they send the buyer.

I placed a negative feedback, included a link to pictures of the junk item, and ebay deleted it, and now I can't post a feedback to replace the one ebay deleted.  Ebay won't even allow me to file a complaint either. 

I have no problem with the buyer paying return shipping if the seller sent what they said they would.  But, when a seller does not send what they said they would, that voids their return policy and the seller is obligated to pay return shipping.  The buyer is never to liable for anything resulting in seller's failure to fulfill their end of the agreement.

I've had other sellers send me items that were not what they claimed it was, but ebay buyer protection reimbursed the whole amount, including return shipping.  But, in this case, I can't even access the ebay buyer protection plan or leave negative feedback.

To me, ebay sides with the seller, even when it can be clearly proved that the seller sent junk.

Message 200 of 701
latest reply

I am extremely annoyed that there doesn't seem to be any channel to complain directly to eBay about the impact of their policies. It is annoying that I am penalized for selling products that can't always be shipped immediately. (We sell blacksmith forges built to order and compost worms which I only ship on Monday/Tuesday to avoid weekends in mail.) However, it is EXTREMELY inappropriate for eBay to FREEZE funds in my paypal account when a buyer just asks for a tracking number. They need to make it easier for customers to just talk to the seller WITHOUT going through the resolution center. 

The resolution center works well when it is needed. Communication should not always launch a case though. I was working out a situation where I bought something damaged in the mail and didn't want to open a case with the cooperative seller. However, there was not a way to send pictures to her without it! 

Also, if an inadvertantly opened case is closed by a happy customer, it should NOT result in a penalty. 

Message 201 of 701
latest reply

I AM NEVER BUYING FROM EBAY AGAIN! I paid $50 in total for a used, half-empty perfume set & received a 'case closed' with NOTHING! My complaint meant nothing to them, so my future business, that will be directed elsewhere, will not either. VERY DISGUSTED.
Message 202 of 701
latest reply

Beware of the "attempted to deliver" clause.  If the seller makes an attempt to deliver the item ebay won't make the seller refund you if you didn't receive the product.  The ebay appeals department stated it would be unfair to penalize the seller for a mistake in delivering the product.  Goodbye $90.

Message 203 of 701
latest reply

I am a seller with many complaints. Sometimes think IT staff secretly work for Amazon.  Too many times in past few months have had problem trying to list books. Enter ISBN & comes up. "Your request returned too many Products."  Enter Title, then try to sell, comes up "Page not responding." No easy way to get through to customer support to even let them know. Have hundreds of Titles that bookfinder. com shows I could enter as lowest price, but half.com has no listing and no easy way to have those Titles entered. If majority of my sales, around time colleges start back, are to re-sellers, mostly on amazon, and around 80% at other times of the year, why should I stay on half.com

Message 204 of 701
latest reply

I bought HP touchpad digitizer touch screen from eBay.com. the seller had listed the item as new. I got a used and damaged item. I contacted seller as advised by eBay and seller asked me to return the faulty item. The he asked to pay $9 and I need not return the faulty item .the cost of original item was only $5.99. I paid $9 and again received used and defective one as replacement. I booked a case with eBay resolution center and now they want me to return the faulty item. I sent complaints to eBay about the wrong description . but they are not responding to that. I have again to spend money to return and I am not sure I will get refund
Message 205 of 701
latest reply

Ebay is the worse at settling buyer issues. My niece bought a radiator from a seller with a 1 yr warranty and Ebay will not help getting a replacement or refund. You are at the mercy of the seller when he chooses to take care of the issue. I and my family will do no more business with ebay.
Message 206 of 701
latest reply

don't bother complaining to ebay. their customer service doesn't care about buyers. that attitude won't change until buyers just quit using ebay.

Message 207 of 701
latest reply

I am done with them. Canceling my account. Numerous issues as a buyer with them through the years, but perhaps the worst is being placed on hold for 30 minutes before being able to talk with customer service.

Message 208 of 701
latest reply

Yea, I'm out $$$ right now because, even though the seller purchased insurance on the product, it was not delivered. Ebay and Paypal told me to deal with it through the post office. No other company would ditch responsibility in this way. What about their "guarantee?!"

Message 209 of 701
latest reply

it is impossible to complain about sellers exceeding normal postage costs, no one wants to hear from buyers, thank you

Message 210 of 701
latest reply