cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

To make it easier, I'm copying and pasting a status my housemate put on eBay Global's facebook page yesterday which outlines my current issue:

Can I get some opinions on here from fellow ebayers?  If you bought something that was advertised in the Title as "signed", but didn't read the auction to see that the Item Specifics said "Autographed: Yes-Printed", would you leave a negative feedback for the seller, or blame yourself for not reading the auction?

To clarify, the item is signed, but it's a reproduced signature on a fan club photo.  There was no mention in the auction or title that it was personally signed.

eBay GlobalHi Housemate! Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is up to you to read and understand the condition of the item you're buying. Unless the seller failed to state that the autograph was a printed replica, it wouldn't be right to leave negative feedback. Let us know if that answers your questions, Leigh!
    • Housemate Thank you, it does.  I was the seller in this case, and a buyer left a negative feedback on my profile.  However, your Trust and Safety team, as well as your call centre, refuse to remove the feedback, which I believe to be extremely unfair since I did nothing wrong.
    • eBay GlobalHey Housemate! That sounds horrible! Let's see if we can't figure out a different resolution. What are your eBay user ID, the buyer's user ID, and the eBay item number of the product you sold? Once we have those, we can investigate your case to figure out if and how the feedback can be revised!
    • Housemate It's actually my housemates account, but he's partially deaf, so I am acting on his behalf.  His user ID is , the buyer ID is [edited], and the item number is [edited].  If you need to contact Jamie for this, I have tagged him in this comment
Message 181 of 701
latest reply

I'm not getting any satisfaction yet. I've been buying ionline for about 8 years ebay, amazon and various other sites like victoria secret for my wife. Never have I had more disputes than from ebay.. I'll mention the two outrageous ones that occured. I purchased a defective item which I sent back after contacting the seller., I paid for the item paid to ship it back never received a refund or the item. I disputed with the seller back and forth for 30 days. ebay said my case was closed I then contacteds the seller again saying that and sending the shipping info on the item to China only to be told sorry your case is closed. Now forward to the future I wa sent an item which I never received but the tracking says that it was delivered, again from China indeed it does say that however  returned to the post office again and found out that the item was sent back to China but it doesn't show on regular tracking information. Meaning that the seller will be getting their item back and keep the money. ebay closed my claim and my 30 days are not yet up I have documentation from the usps confirming this what now? Waiting to get an answer anyone in a similar situation?

Message 182 of 701
latest reply

Looks like screw ups on both sides,
Message 183 of 701
latest reply

It is your own fault. Man up and read the listing next time. He wasnt hiding it.

Message 184 of 701
latest reply

I dont see buyers getting shafted, the sellers get it constantly

Message 185 of 701
latest reply

Zacboy7, I was the seller in this situation, and eBay refuse to even listen to what I'm saying.  I am trying to get the negative feedback this buyer left me removed, but eBay are saying the title and auction are contradictory, simply cos the title says "Signed", and the auction says "Autographed: Yes - Printed"

Message 186 of 701
latest reply

ebay is a really bad way to buy. please do not do bussiness with ebay, they stand behind no one. I HAVE LOST $ 1,100.00 in the last three weeks two items not sent and one severly damage during shipment.

Message 187 of 701
latest reply

That's because buyers have all the protection we sellers have no protection from fraud and scam artists.
Message 188 of 701
latest reply

I remember when I first started buying with eBay I didn't know how to navigate and I pushed a buy now item or something. I ended up with 4 different same items, but didn't know why. I only wanted 1 item for $10. Since one seller demanded his $10 for a computer part and I didn't have money to give away to the other EBay sellers, I was kicked me off eBay so I had to make a new ID and start all over again!  If you don't pay eBay will kick blackball you. People who do not pay loose there rights to EBay, so why are you thinking they will bother other sellers?

Message 189 of 701
latest reply

I have a buyer complaint. I recently endured possibly the worst-ever customer service experience of my life with eBay Customer Support. 

I bought some headlights for my car, photos had Hella branding all over them. Used Buy Now and received goods promptly but quickly realised they were fakes. Spoke to manufacturer, took them to a dealer who confirmed them as counterfeit. Opened a dispute & spoke to eBay Customer Support both via phone and email.  Meanwhile the seller offers a full refund if I return them. I should mention that I live in New Zealand and he is in California. Return shipping cost is $130. I refuse and pursue my dispute, thinking that eBay will look after me. I provide all documentation as requested by eBay CS. Their Counterfeit Items policy clearly states that in the case of counterfeit items, the buyer does not have to return the goods but must co-operate and destroy/dispose of them instead. Anyway my case gets escalated and is "found in my favour". Great right? And all I have to do is return the items to the seller at my expense for a full refund! Which is exactly what the seller asked me to do, so that he can re-list them and get some other sucker to buy them.

Thinking someone had made a mistake I tried to contact eBay but they have since disabled the Call Us button and I can't call them anymore. I wrote two big complaint emails but receive the same response twice - "please return the items to the seller for a full refund". The second one even had a threat on it - "if you do not return the items by xx/xx/xx then we will close the case and you will not get a refund"! They didn't answer any of my questions or even once acknowledge the fact that the items were counterfeit. To them it was an open-and-shut "not as described" case.

In the end I accepted defeat and yesterday I sent the lights back. A partial refund is better than none, from the perspective of my bank balance at least.

Lesson learned: Do not believe eBay advertising. Be extra cautious when buying, because if you make a mistake and need their help you will not get it. 

Message 190 of 701
latest reply

Further to my previous post, I contacted eBay via their Facebook page and was put in touch with someone who helped me to resolve my issue. It is still a shame that it took so much time and effort but I am very pleased with the outcome. 

Message 191 of 701
latest reply

As a seller on eBay for 7 years... I'm really disappointed with the new seller restrictions... My feedback is excellent. I think 1 or 2 negs in 7 years! I just tried to list a USED purse for $15 bucks... It's a big expensive brand and because I can't authenticate it the listing was taken down! So I guess I'll have to start listing on another site. eBay, ya just lost this little seller because you've gotten to big for your britches ! And I will NEVER have another nice thing to say. Too bad ya can't sell nice used stuff to others who can still love it...
Message 192 of 701
latest reply

i  have nothing more to said about Ebay , i know for sure i do not want to buy anything from Ebay from now on

Message 193 of 701
latest reply

I completely agree!! I just got burned on a transaction and eBay did nothing to help. The item wasn't as described at all and the cost of returning the merchandise..TO CHINA!!!..exceeda the original item cost AND shipping. there IS NOT "Buyer Protection"! I will not be using ebay again and I will encourage anyone who listens not to do so as well. Totally screws the buyer in these transactions.
Message 194 of 701
latest reply

I just tried to purchase an item a vintage croquet set ..because I lived in canada he blocked me..he said on his description didn't think it was used could've been a return or display ..I asked if it was in good co doin because of my ?? He won't sell to me ..really it's his loss and my gain ( ps I've spent over 3500 on ebay (including a motor and NEVER dealt with some SO rude !

Message 195 of 701
latest reply