cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

Sold a small appliance a month ago and shipped it out with $1000 worth of insurance with UPS (sold for $1,001.00). Buyer receives package and notices slight damage to the item, notifies me. SAME day I file a claim with UPS and email buyer to retain all packing materials and repackage item as it was received. Buyer discards all of the packaging and when UPS comes to pick up the item its just the bare appliance which they put in the back of the truck unprotected. NO ONE tells me any of this. A week later my item arrives back at the UPS store where I shipped it from and my claim has been denied because the buyer has discarded all of the shipping material. God knows what condition its in now having gone 1000 miles in trucks with a layer of shrink-wrap around it (thanks UPS). Buyer emails me "what do we do now?" I respond that I can't issue a refund because he failed to follow simple instructions and suggest that he make arrangements to have the item returned to him by UPS (I don't have it). He escalates his complaint and a few hours later Ebay finds in his favor without the courtesy of seeking any input from me. Froze my Paypal account and then refunded the buyer including shipping. Took their sellers fees leaving me with a negative balance. I had to call my bank and cancel my check card as I will not be paying Ebay for the dicking-over that i received by both the buyer and themselves. Thanks. Closing my account now. Good riddance. btw I've had excellent experiences selling on craigs=list

Message 166 of 701
latest reply

Spoiler

Sellers are EBAY's Golden Goose, they don't want anyone to say anything that would reduce their cash flow. EBAY goes to great lengths to protection sellers, even if it means stepping on our 5th admenment rights.

Message 167 of 701
latest reply

Could not agree more. Just got absolutely screwed by eBay and a buyer who knows how to "game" the system. I've concluded that your feedback rating means nothing and the detailed description means nothing.
Message 168 of 701
latest reply

I am mostly a seller and never had a problem until I Sold a book and shipped it before getting paid. I usually ship regardless of the paid status. but this one buyer has not paid and it is 6 weeks since I shipped. I sent several messages, none of which have been answered. i looked at others' comments about this buyer and saw similar complaints by several sellers. today I am sending the buyer a registered letter demanding payment or return of the book won at the auction. from reading other sellers' complaints about how ebay does so little to protect us Iit is clear we have to effectively monitor buyers. My buyer should bbe banned, which is my objective.
Message 169 of 701
latest reply

So here is my issue...  for what it's worth.  I have had a number of people win auctions and then simply decide not to pay (at least, they NEVER pay or respond to my emails).  There's nothing I can do.  I can't leave negative feedback, can't let other sellers know about their behavior, or get them off the site.  They are wasting sellers' time and money, and I say this as a seller with 100% positive feedback.  On the flip side, there are buyers who instantly email and threaten you with negative feedback if you don't give them a partial refund for whatever reason. This had never happened to me before and then all of a sudden it happens all the time, as if buyers suddenly realized they this opportunity to scam (and they do - they can insist on a FULL refund for the item and s/h and not even return the item - which happenedc to me!).  Why sell on Ebay?  If I sell through a brick and mortar consignment store they get 50-60% vs the 14% on Ebay (10% to Ebay and 4% to paypal) but I actually get more through the consignment stores because the postage isn't a wash AND people will pay more for something they're actually seen and tried.   Sorry to all my past customers - I enjoyed giving you a good deal...  but lately, I've been getting the shaft just too many times.  

Message 170 of 701
latest reply

If buyers can leave negative feeback, why can't sellers?  if you want proof that Ebay is more in the pockets of buyers than sellers this is it...

Message 171 of 701
latest reply

Exactly I had a buyer say I listed wrong. Showed pictures of another item . E bay took my money & refunded !!! What can I do
Message 172 of 701
latest reply

You have to pay fees & jump through all do 30 dollar item I sold 300. To 500 dollar items never had a problem till
Now
Message 173 of 701
latest reply

Follow your own rules take out your money and argue with them every time
Message 174 of 701
latest reply

1. Nothing you can do nothing! It stinks
Message 175 of 701
latest reply

i think ebay sucks there is a tracking number but if i want to track my parcel they tell me i am not the buyer nor the seller ofcaurce i am the F----ng buyer i think they are **bleep**t up bigtime and will never use them again

Message 176 of 701
latest reply

Hi I just brought an iPad from  a seller from eBay. .I was supposed to receive an iPad 4 32g with 2 cases and a charger iinsteadi received an iPad 2 16g with out any charger and no cases at aall. I emailed him over 10 times he was making fun of mme. He no worries you will receive it soon. When I email him again he kept on lol me.this person needs to be binvestigated and kicked out of ebay

Message 177 of 701
latest reply

From someone who sold for many years on Ebay, Do not sell on Ebay! I was just kicked off of having 2 negative feedbacks that were not my fault.  One was shipping took long & they received a refund & other what buyer claimed was untrue.  Don't do it!

Message 178 of 701
latest reply

I once accidently shipped something to a buyer who never paid, since there's a "print a shipping label" option that comes up as soon as an item is bid on. The guy never paid. A month later, he filed for and got a refund for the item he never paid for. Paypal, this once, did give me my money back but it was a month later. How did that even go through if he never paid? 

Message 179 of 701
latest reply

Being a new seller to EBAY (only 2 months), I was selling great sports jerseys on auction and buy it now prices.

After around 10 successful sales with great feedback (100%) from the buyers who purchased from me, EBAY decide to suspend my selling account with the reason being they suspect I am selling stolen goods.

I was then instructed to submit to them a Proof of Purchase, which I did, only to be told they do not recognise the vendor I am buying from and carried on suspending my selling privelages. I even tried to resell some jerseys I actually purchased from other EBAY sellers and they said proof of purchase from them does not mean a thing.

EBAY customer service is a joke to deal with and in my opinion I would tell future sellers to stay clear of them completely and sell somehwere else.

EBAY makes up rules to suit themselves and do not cover the seller or the buyer.

EBAY can keep their extorntionate fees (charging for listing, sellers fees, postage fees, and even paypal fees)......DAYLIGHT ROBBERS

Message 180 of 701
latest reply