cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

Ebay took my money and did not deliver the product and will not help me. 

Message 151 of 701
latest reply

I M DONE WITH EBAY AS A SELLER.  WHEN THEY REMOVE THIER RIDICULOUS POLICIES AND RELEASE MONEY FOR SHIPPING WHEN PAYED BY A BUYER THEN I WILL CONSIDER SELLING WITH EBAY AGAIN.  WHEN A BUYER PAYS FOR SHIPPING THEY ARE COMMITTING TO PAYING FOR THE ITEM TO BE SHIPPED.  YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO HOLD IT, AND MY MONEY FOR RANSOME FOR > 19 DAYS.  BAD MOVE EBAY, BAD MOVE.

Message 152 of 701
latest reply

Wife and I found on more than one occasion, people were buying good phones from us and sending back their pieces of junk saying our phones were broken and getting the refund, we knew because we copy IMEI's and leave I'd mark under battery, we tried to tell ebay this but they were just too slow to understand this particular scam , so we lose and got negative feedback, no seller protection
Message 153 of 701
latest reply

YES  EBAY DOES NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT THERE SELLERS... THEY LET THE BUYERS SCAM YOU AND DO NOTHING..

Message 154 of 701
latest reply

ME TOO.... SORRY
Message 155 of 701
latest reply

Seriously thinking of leaving before the "holidays" - you see the return window they want us to give?  I sell new items also - can just see what condition they will be in after being used for over a month and I get them back under the "holiday return" policy -  Have had good sales due to few competitors on Ebay - but their anti-seller policies are just piling on!  And the scam about paying fees on shipping costs - double dipping is all it is.  Ebay is doing their best to kill the goose that laid the golden egg - their sellers!!

Message 156 of 701
latest reply

i am living in hope that dosen't happen me so far dosen't look to good.i thought the site was great until i started selling.

Message 157 of 701
latest reply

Spoiler
I'll tell you that ebay just sided with a seller that is selling counterfeit BUCK knives.  buck knife says this one seller is costing them over $100,000 a year by selling **bleep** that they have to replace at their cost. I also bought a radio that had no guts inside and ebay basically said "too BAD" no refund.

Message 158 of 701
latest reply

idbask
Explorer

It is not entirely true that eBay just favor buyers! I just purchased an item and the seller did not think he got a high enough price so he refunded the money without my consent and eBay would not do nothing about it. What if more people start post items for $0.99 with free shipping and then cancel the transaction if they don’t get the price they want!   

Message 159 of 701
latest reply

I'm a buyer and I have lots of complaints, the worst of which is the TERRIBLE treatmentI received when contacting Ebay. . I called about a problem about April 3, talked to 2 reps the second rep Ashley said she'd call me the next day and never did. I've tried contacting her many times and spent hours on hold and explaining with no response today is 4/28 and I'm disgusted,
Message 160 of 701
latest reply

Well then here's a buyers complaint....bought a motor for my noisy dishwasher..paid for it...and never got it...never shipped...and complained to eBay and was told I had to try and contact the seller...I was told I couldn't do anything about it for another week...held hostage to get the part I paid for...I just had my credit card company cancel it...no help from eBay
Message 161 of 701
latest reply

I sold 3 books. I bought 'em at Half Price books for $4. The buyer got them for 99¢ each. Not in this to make a profit just to get a bit o' pin money from something I have a lt of. I'm obviously not eBay's target seller.

Got a positive feedback from this buyer. She got her books in time and in good condition and everything was exactly as stated. Including the shipping. I state in the posting what the shipping will be including for multiples. She ent me an email asking about multiples and I replied with the same formula.

She did not file a case. She did not send me an email requesting resolution. She did make a snarky comment in the feedback. I started to answer but it was such a petty thing it felt like snark for snark so I dropped it. 

Today eBay closed all my active selling and banned me indefinately from selling!

I have been with them for two years and have had few issues and resolved all of them.

There was no ability to reply to their email. There was no instructions on how to appeal. When I called there 

was a 20 min hold & i was disconnected after 3.

Withe the cost to me of the books, shipping & packaging, eBay and Paypal fees, actual shipping and money to take the bus to the post office, my 'profit' was -$6.

Wanna know her complaint? She said I wrapped her books in a paper grocery bag. I don't, I buy post office brown rolls and wrap several times around. I pad them. I buy heavy box tape and liberally cover. She felt the discount wasn't enough considering how cheap the packaging was . The actual shipping was under what she paid. She paid 99¢each for 3 books I paid $4 each for.

Message 162 of 701
latest reply

minersold
Rising Star

I have been an Ebay user since 2005 and recently I lost $630 through it.

I purchased 2 items from the same Seller in February 2014 and have not received them until now which is May 2014. The type of scam i felt victim of was new to me at that time, obviously.

The seller at the time of the transaction had only excellent feedback from approximately 70 ebayers. The items were highly specialized pieces of technical equipment, not something commonly used and desirable, so chances of meeting a scam artist are usually much lower, but not impossible.

I have not liked the Seller from the get go. He was uncooperative and stubborn. I purchased 2 items from him and asked to combine them in the same box to reduce shipping costs. This is normal practice on Ebay, yet he refused. I felt it was very unprofessional, so I delayed payment until we figure our discrepancy on shipping. He immediately felt a complaint with Ebay, I was also able to explain my position to Ebay Rep by phone. I explained that Seller does not agree to any common Ebay practise and would not allow either combined shipping or a pick up from his location which was suspicious. Ebay was very formal, did not listen to me reasons and took Seller's side, threatening to suspend my account for non payment. I had no choice, but to pay which I did. Seller immediately provided a longer delivery date (about 2 weeks if I remember correctly) which is quite long for a domestic US delivery. Yet to my surprise, when 1 week later I checked the transactions online, the delivery date was postponed further into the future. 1 week later it was postponed yet again and so on and so forth.  When I realized something funny is going on it was too late. My call to Ebay met no sympathy, they said I waited too long and they have 30 days complaint policy. Paypal had a longer 45 days policy, but it was also over their limit  by the time of my call. They (Ebay and Paypal) got out on technicality, but that technicality was created by the fraudulent Seller. The funny part is that the mentioned technicality is not in their favor.  Ebay Rep confirmed to me that they count those 30 and 45 days from the delivery date, and since that date was moved few times and not passed even when I write this comment, they should be liable even by their own standards. But good luck in proving that to Ebay…

Ebay understood very well the Seller was fraudulent and has suspended the Seller for the fraud, yet they refused to compensate me, the victim. I think Ebay totally took advantage of me, understanding that I will not go to court. The amount is too small and I am too small against them, too...

My advice to whoever reads this post is to be very cautious and not deal with Ebay Seller or Buyer when your gut feeling tells you so. Also, when buying through Ebay:

- don't consider that Seller's positive feedback will stop him from running with your money

- read Ebay's fine print on their policies

- report all problems to Ebay customer support early

-  AND MOST IMPORTANT: Do not trade in excess of the amount you are comfortable to lose completely. DO NOT HOPE THAT EBAY WILL PROTECT YOU AND COVER YOU FOR LOSSES! Remember that Ebay will find any technicality on which they can get  out of any responsibilities even if their actions are barely legal according to their own policies.

Message 163 of 701
latest reply

I am a new eBay seller. I'm still in the midst of selling an item - at least I think I am. We shall see.

The buyer had the wrong mailing address on file with eBay. So my item was mailed to an incorrect address. We are in the midst of having the item returned, so I can ship it to the new address.

In the meantime, I have received some of the most hateful, suspicious e-mails imaginable from eBay about this, as if I am to blame. They sound very much like attorneys threatening to suspend your account if you don't do as they say immediately.

But I did. I even used their printed shipping label.

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE and somewhat terrifying first-time selling experience.

Message 164 of 701
latest reply

I have a complaint. I just bought a 50 dollar gift card on ebay for ebay and it says that the card is not in use!!!!! I JUST BOUGHT THIS
Message 165 of 701
latest reply