cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

Screw the seller, keep the buyer happy.  But rest assured ebay will get what's coming to them in due time.  

Message 121 of 701
latest reply

Same here but I sold an item for $2500.00
Message 122 of 701
latest reply

I'm wondering if this may be troublesome to others  I try not to be facitious, but my increasing age, decreasing patience, common sense and the world's toonland mentality; auto launch it

I’m so sorry ebay! I really didn’t mean to hurt your precious (profit-motivated) feelings or break your big (business) heart.

I contacted ebay two days ago to find out why I hadn’t lately, been receiving any “bid” confirmations via my email. Today I received this email response (verbatim): “ebay purchase confirmations had been turned off as of several weeks ago. As per the business unit, these bid confirmations were under-used and the emails were rarely opened”.

1st things 1st. Need I remind you ebay; there is a difference between “purchase” and “bid” confirmations. Please re-evaluate this situation with more consideration toward the ebay buyer. You know! The part that equates to seller + auction = 0, if missing. 

My opinion: any ebay employee(s) possessing logic and capable of making wise decisions; had no involvement regarding this new ebay policy. Imagine! Ebay bid confirmations being been emailed to recipients who were rarely opening them. Duh!  Hoo wud eh thunk et? I had no reason to open them because they were important to me in the un-openedstage. Am I the only member who uses and depends on bid confirmation emails, as a quick reference to keep track of bids I have already placed. I already have a record of all other current ebay activity in my saved email, to serve me as a quick reference to keep on top of things. For what reason are you now dropping one off to history. An ebay service I have heavily depended on for many years; is no longer available. Now I have to waste my effort and time (if I even remember) to navigate to "my ebay" to remind myself of bids I have already placed. You think perhaps; I may be whining and overreacting? Think again! This new policy does not provide for good fun when you are placing multiple bids on multiple occasions. Old Irish proverb: ”if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

Message 123 of 701
latest reply

I’m so sorry ebay! I really didn’t mean to hurt your precious (profit-motivated) feelings or break your big (business) heart.

I contacted ebay two days ago to find out why I hadn’t lately, been receiving any “bid” confirmations via my email. Today I received this email response (verbatim). “ebay purchase confirmations had been turned off as of several weeks ago. As per the business unit, these bid confirmations were under-used and the emails were rarely opened”.

1st things 1st. Need I remind you ebay; there is a difference between “purchase” and “bid” confirmations. Please re-evaluate this change with more consideration toward the ebay buyer. You know? The part of ebay that equates to seller + item = 0, if missing.

My opinion: any ebay employee(s) possessing logic and capable of making wise decisions; had no involvement regarding this new ebay policy. Imagine! Ebay bid confirmations being been emailed to recipients who were rarely opening them. Duh!  Hoo wud eh thunk et? I had no reason to open them because they were important to me in the un-openedstage. Am I the only member who uses and depends on bid confirmation emails, as a quick reference to keep track of bids I have already placed. I already have a record of all other current ebay activity in my saved email, to serve me as a quick reference to keep on top of things. For what reason are you now dropping one off to history. An ebay service I have heavily depended on for many years; is no longer available. Now I have to waste my effort and time (if I even remember) to navigate to "my ebay" to remind myself of bids I have already placed. You think perhaps; I may be whining and overreacting? Think again! This new policy does not provide for good fun when you are placing multiple bids on multiple occasions. Old Irish proverb: ”if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

Message 124 of 701
latest reply

I have been buying and selling on ebay for a number of years now.  Never had a problem until my recent purchase.  Some JACK - probably all they know is how to cheat, steal, and scam me for $60 purchase.    

NEVER again - I'm done buying and selling on ebay.  And the ebay resolution center is useless!!

Message 125 of 701
latest reply

OK, I am a buyer and I have a complaint.  I have been purchasing on eBay since it started and had mostly positive experiences.  Last month I purchased an item because I wanted it for my collection. I don't buy new stuff only collectables.  The seller was out of town until Mar 12 so I clicked to send seller an email on Mar 12th to remind him of my purchase 3 weeks earlier.  Ebay immediately took me to the resolution center and stated I couldn't contact the seller until I clicked a bunch of options. So I clicked item not received.  I also wrote the seller a note reminding him of the purchase.  The seller got mad and refunded my money on the spot. Ebay resolution center sent me a note stating "good news" the seller refunded your money. If you would like another resoluion then contact the seller with a big button srtaring at me.  I then clicked the button and it stated the case was closed with no way to vconbtact the seller.  Then I searched for a way to contact the resolution center only to find they take live hone calls with a long wait or postal letters.  I left the seller a neutral feedback stating that I really wanted the item but got refund instead. If cash was all that mattered then buyers would be saving their money versus buying on eBay.  So I am one unhappy buyer.  I don't like eBay and I don't like the seller.  What makes both eBay and the seller think that I should sell my item back to the seller for what I paid for it?  So the tile of this form should be changed. There are unhappy buyers out here with their own set of complainst.  BTW, searching google for how to complain about eBay brought me here.

Message 126 of 701
latest reply

After being rudely, unprofessionally and sorely cursed out by a seller today, I feel your pain.  I bet that seller licks his balls with his mouth.  I would copy the message here, but it's too graphic even for the forum.  Ebay stated they would escalate the incident but only because I didn't receive the item I purchased, so I have to wait until next week for them to look into it.

Message 127 of 701
latest reply

This all started when ebay stopped sellers from leaving negative feedback to deserving buyers.  Our experience indicates there are far more bad buyers than sellers.  I have posted my dismay with numerous ebay policies and many have been deleted by them.  It would be nice if EVERYONE quit listing on ebay and go somewhere else.  That is what we intend to do!!!

Message 128 of 701
latest reply

how can i file a dispute?i bought jbl flip 2 from through ebay.the item was damaged and seller replaced the item.day before when i recieved the replaced item and i played the speakers the quality was so bad it sounded defective.i sent message to seller he said you will need to get it to service center of JBL.but i asked why should i do that when the item is new it shouldn't be defective.it is not my headache as i have paid the money.i do not know what else to do.

consumer court will help?

Message 129 of 701
latest reply

It's because ebay always rules in the buyer's favor no matter how fraudulent their complaints.  There aren't any Sellers Protection Policy's - although they will tell you there are.  I've been scammed by 3 buyers and have lost money and items to buyers that lie.

@megatonmining wrote:

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 130 of 701
latest reply

How many people have had their account restricted after complaining about something?

We have found some frightening things out about ebay and are moving to other locations to sell. Well, we have to ..there are several people living in our home, of course  mom, dad, my college age kids, and school age kids. We live in California, a middle to upper income family and have enjoyed ebay, well sine its conception pretty much. But things have changed. We have some of my kids friends come and stay over go on the computer and log in and print etc. So our house is always busy.

So this is what happened: About 6 mos ago I purchased some items under my personal ebay account for my daughter's bridal shower gifts. I gave one to my brand new mother-in-law, I also just married. Even though they were all stamped .925 they were not what they should have been. One of the gift receivers gracefully told me as their dad happened to be a jeweler! Yikes!  I was so in shock and felt horrible. I complained. At the time I was not selling anything under my account, just buying things. I seen the seller was selling a lot a day! I figured I better get the bracelets they are so popular and will sell out!! Well, they were not what they should be. I tried to tell eBay and thought I was being a good samaritan. It did not pay for me to turn in a power seller.. read about the big guy vs the little guy on other complaint sites out side of ebay. I keep getting my post flagged and this will too. So I am trying to tread softly as to what really happened. . I woke up one morning and my account was restricted for ever! I had been on ebay for over 15 years!! Well, it gets better.. months later...my husband and I made a purchase (on my husbands eBay account that he had before we were even married) and it was not a good one. It was a beautiful designer dress for my daughters wedding. I received it and it was not the dress in the picture.. actually a picture of a dress was used and a dress sent from not South Carolina.I was very upset and wanted to return it to the seller. I did but was out my shipping of $18 both ways.. My husband and I do not have the same name due to my profession and , no paypal connection no real financial connection to me at this point at all.. but.eBay is cutting his account off too..for being related to me.......they really give no good reason just that he is connected to a restricted account and once that account has resolved its issues his will be fine. I try to resolev the issues and the cusomer service reps say "WE ARE NOT A FACE TO FACE COMPANY" WE ARE NOT A FACE TO FACE COMPANY" "ANY ONE WITH THE SAME ADDRESS, IP, OR EVEN SAME FINGERPRINT AS YOU WILL GET RESTRICTED FOREVER" It gets better, what about my kids in college and their kids or anyone who just logs into this computer? I work at a college have foriegn exchange students here and have people here all the time. "YES, WE ARE NOT A FACE TO FACE COMPANY, THEY WILL BE RESTRICTED, too." ...I said wow! do we live in Russia? this is just crazy! I mean why? I sell used items. I asked her to please disconnect my account. Please do not penalize my family or my children or anyone who may be related to me. It is just not fair. I said what ever i did I will take blame. In the entire time I ever sold on ebay I only sold one item that was questionable. I sold a vintage coach I found at a Goodwill. When I did I called them about it they told me I was a fraud - I said no it was a vintage bag and Goodwill had it marked as vintage. They said Coach flagged it. I said that is fine I will not sell it. But, I was pretty much called a criminal. It was disrespectful to me. I have never sold anything that was outside their guidelines. So, I ask why? All because I turned in a fraud seller selling silver??!! And then a dress knock off producer. All my items are real, unique, from my closet to your closet. I love vintage books, vintage clothing, and unique items

Message 131 of 701
latest reply

I was a buyer on E-Bay twice. I was ripped off twice! Buyer Beware! A lot of Sellers buy on Amazon.com and gift their items to the buyer at 50% or more in addition to a much longer delivery which makes sense. E-Bay is a Rip Off!
Message 132 of 701
latest reply

More bad buyers in comparison to bad sellers; on ebay? Apparently, logic differs on your native planet.

Message 133 of 701
latest reply

I would suggest that both you and moclipsdude consider seeking employment at WallyWorld. You'll have better access to the dumpster, of which you can gain access to more items to sell as "new other" on ebay..
Message 134 of 701
latest reply

I don't know much about this website yet, I just found it. But yes, I have a complaint and I will file it under the proper label. 7 days is a long time to wait to be able to post  Neutral or Negative Response. My complaint is that I do have a complaint from the buyer's point of view....  I buy something, as I have, a Digital Voltmeter Tester, I spent something in the range of $30.00 and the Picture of the Meter showed me a meter worth it. They say they shipped the meter and I Never got it - It got lost in the Mail. What I finally received was a 10.00 meter (as shown on ebay postings) that I didn't want to but kept anyway... the amount of money to be spent  would get more than the original transaction cost. The second one is recent, as of two days ago. I bought a set of  "voltmeter test leads" and the length was Advertised as 48" in. What I got was less than 36 inches - False Advertising. They sent me an email that basically, the "length" was advertised wrong and they revised their posting (I never checked it again) BUT NO OFFER TO take back the leads I had and no offer to refund any of the money left me with the idea of  "Tough Luck, you bought it, you live with it (even with OUR MISTAKE of False Advertising, Tough Luck).

Message 135 of 701
latest reply