cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

I see these forums are literally filled with complaints from sellers but none from buyers or from eBay. What does that tell ya?

Message 1 of 701
latest reply
700 REPLIES 700

Re: Buyer Complaints? eBay Complaints? There are none!

Ebay gets more heavy-handed every day, no question about it. They are entirely unreasonable to deal with. It's funny that Ebay claims that they are just a facilitator, i.e. middleman, who merely provides the medium for exchange, in order to dodge racketeering charges, yet they now control virtually all aspects of the auction. How you are paid. When you issue refund. How you will ship. I am loathe to sell anything on Ebay anymore as they now seem to make more money on items than the seller. I mean, charging a commission on the shipping?! Come on. Like another posters said, "It's a racket." I might add that Ebay participants are just a bunch of balls, a commodity that Ebay can do without, and let you feel it, at any time. Thankfully, there is craigslist. While there are risks with using them, the rewards now justify it, IMHO.

There was a time, not too many years ago, that sellers were treated as if they can do not wrong. That day has certainly passed.

Message 16 of 701
latest reply

Yes there are. I'm a buyer and seller and as careful as I can be the search got me.

Looking for an ipad 3rd generation tablet. I get an ipad TWO lumped in the search because the search

picked up the THREE in 3G description. So I won it and go to pay but notice it says ipad 2.

Sop now I'm asking seller to second chance another buyer because I can't use an Ipad2.

There's got to be a way to improve this situation . huh ?

Message 17 of 701
latest reply

I am a buyer that has a complaint,I recently purchased item from seller that was completely wrong.and it took 2 1/2 weeks coming from the same state that I live in. When I told him it was wrong he said to ship it to a different address that would of cost me 25.00 dollars more then if I would of shipped were it came from.so I told him no I'm shipping to we're it came from I'm already losing $30.00. So he didn't want to give me refund.so filed dispute and won but when I left we'll deserved negative feedback ebay took it off,after calling them and talking to several different ebay employees for about 40 minutes they told me that because of there new policy that started 2 1/2 months ago that if seller wants it he can get it removed and there's nothing I can do about it.so buyer beware there's no way of giving negative feedback due to ebays new policy.so if seller wants to burn you there's nothing you can do to stop him.and no way of telling other buyers what he did to you.thanks to new ebay policy the guy I lost $30.00 and a big hassle time and money can do it again whenever he wants to next buyer, double standard ebay.
Message 18 of 701
latest reply

I've been a buyer but never a seller due to all the new rules and regulations. It's confusing. As a buyer I have a complaint against a seller and don't have any recourse. I bid on a pair of brand new shoes and won. Payed for the shoes that very second. Found out the next day that she had reposted for a "buy now" price of $17 more than I had to pay. Emailed seller and was assured that it was a mistake and the shoes were being shipped that night. A week later I reviewed my pay pal account and found out that she refunded my money the very day she told me she shipped them and left a note to the effect of "I resold the item by accident so im refunding your money until I figure out this ebay thing." So I bid and won but she reposted and sold them later that same day to someone who payed more.
Message 19 of 701
latest reply

I just took off my listing off e-bay - even one with bids.  Tired of all the hoops sellers have to jump through.   When the last one was deleted - I felt a huge load leave me.

Happy to be un-ebay.

Message 20 of 701
latest reply

I got banned twice in one week for sassing off to some smart---- buyer on here. They didn't need to say what they did nor did I have to put up with it but I guess someone at ebay did think as a seller I should put up with abuse and slander.

Message 21 of 701
latest reply

Buyers are not important to eBay!!!!!!!!!! They told me to work it out with the seller and now I can not even respond to their messages as it will not let me post a message back. I bought the item as New!!!!! you would think something would work if new. the breast pump was a present to my daughter in law and was never taken out of the box until the other day and when she tried to turn it on. maybe eBay needs to post Buyer beware. I was not the only person who bid on this item and if any one else bought it they would feel defrauded too.
Message 22 of 701
latest reply

I am an ebay buiyer and I am very upset. I bought a phone, in the sellers description he said it was fully functional. The phone won't even turn on or hold a charge. Ebay isn't doing wht's necessary to resolve the issue fast enough. They are giving him too many opportunities. He's not cooperating. All I want is a working phone or my money back. #very dissappointed.

Message 23 of 701
latest reply

They restricted my buyer account for 14 days and removed buyer protection for life.

I can no longer be protected from sellers from here on out. They had me on hold for an hour and did nothing but repeat themselves.

Message 24 of 701
latest reply

It's either you left too many bad feedbacks or receiving too many refunds that they had to resort to taking away your buyer protection.

Save feedback for only when you can no longer reason with a seller.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 25 of 701
latest reply

Sorry to hear about your buyer temp ban, however there were over 10,000 sellers who lost their source to eat just because a buyer doesn't think they communicate enough. I thought a seller who talked to much was bad communication. I thought the point was that they get their items

All ebay could say was sorry you will loose your house. Now that's bad

Message 26 of 701
latest reply

I'm one of the ones who lost for life their sellers account. I've been a buyer/ seller since Dec 2001 and now they cancell my account without warning. I was put on restriction March and called every month on my evaluation day to ask what can I do to improve. I was told to sell more but my restrcition was $1000 or 60 items a month, email your buyers asking them to leave feedback and otherwise my ldescriptions and pictures looked great. I explained that I CANNOT make a buyer leave feedback let alone fill in the sellers dashboard. Nobody ever told me that after 5 months and no improvement by account wouold be closed to selling. On Aug 5 at 10pm I received an email saying my listing were removed and account closed indefinately. Immediately I called and was told that I needed to sell 300 items within those 5 months. Quite impossible since I'm a little seller who maybe sells less than 10 a month. I called back the next day and a supervisor said it was a glitch and they were working on reinstating everyone and not to worry. She said there were 746 people who had called before me and it wasn't even noon yet central time. I waited 2 days and called back a supervisor to see what was happening and was told the supervisor from before was wrong and that I had to wait til my evaluation on the 20th to see if any change. One of my negatives was to fall off on the 18th which they said should help. Also told to email my buyers which is 4 again asking them to fill out my dashboard. Was told its not the feedback hurting us its the sellers dashboard because buyers don't understand how important or just don't fill the stars out. I asked what else I could do and they said just wait. Well today I called to see what else I can do cause my buyers aren't responding. Again I was told that both supervisors were wrong in their information and doesn't matter what I do I will never be able to sell again BUT I can still buy. Said their decision was final. I told him nothing is final in this world and the brainstormers who came up with this dashboard need to relook and see how their actions are affecting the little sellers who help to start the company. If it wasn't for us little sellers there would be no ebay. His answer was sorry you can no longer sell and its final.

Why can't we get a correct answer. Why aren't the ones who can do something about all this rectify the situation and change their policy. You can have 100% positive feedback but that doesn't matter anymore, its the sellers dashboard.

Who can we contact from here instead of messing with the customer service who know nothing but how to read off a screen.

Message 27 of 701
latest reply

I would like to know where else you sell your items?

It's a shame and a lot of good honest sellers are closing shop and moving on.

Message 28 of 701
latest reply

fee bay only takes $ from sellers then rings us thru the ringer for more $..and what ebay cant get paypal takes us out for the count

Message 29 of 701
latest reply

they want every last cent u made..feebay and paypal takes all the $..u r left with mailing fees and all the work
Message 30 of 701
latest reply