cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back NEGATIVE Feedback for BUYERS!

Holy cow, I can't give negative feedback for a buyer???  How stupid is THAT?  We had a buyer who DIDN"T PAY, we had to open an unpaid item case, he finally pays, and we can't do SQUAT about it through his feedback rating? 

That means his 100% feedback rating is MOST LIKELY WRONG.  He could have done this a zillion times, and sellers won't know it.

NOT FAIR!

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

We had a buyer who DIDN"T PAY, we had to open an unpaid item case, he finally pays, and we can't do SQUAT about it through his feedback rating?

Confused. Why would you want to neg when they paid ?:|

I can understand a neg for those who end up STILL not paying even after a UID is opened, but your buyer responded appropriately to the UID reminder and paid. 

He could have done this a zillion times, and sellers won't know it.

Sellers who have their Buyer Requirements set to the highest level available...Block ID's with 2 UID's in 12 months...would.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Hi , i am also unhappy about this , i had 2 people buy and not pay in the last month .,

I could not leave negative feedback , and i should be able to . The reason is how am i going to tell all of EBAY that this person bids till they win and then does not pay . I ended up using the positive feedback space , and i wrote next to it NEGATIVE  NEGATIVE , so that people would see it . Everyone should get together and write to EBAY and tell them how unfair this is , and we should do it all at the same time , so EBAY gets 1000000  emails on this UNFAIR  situation , when i win a bid , I PAY FOR IT  . Thanks Mike

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Ebay does not allow you to leave a negative feedback for buyers. That's the rule and is a result of buyers and sellers negging each other to death back in the old days. If you put a negative comment in a positive feedback for a buyer it is against policy and the buyer can have it stricken.

An experienced seller can usually read a buyer's feedback "left for others" and figure out what kind of buyer they are by what they say about others. Ebay will NEVER allow sellers to leave a negative feedback so you might as well get used to it. If you are concerned about buyer's not paying then use IPR. There's no point in wasting your time worrying about it. It's ashame that feedback is used so often for revenge.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Everyone should get together and write to EBAY and tell them how unfair this is , and we should do it all at the same time , so EBAY gets 1000000  emails on this UNFAIR  situation...

Mike - What makes you think ebay'd even consider listening to "the noise" in 2013 when it ignored the same uproar back in '08 when the "No negs for buyers" was going into effect?

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

What's to be confused about?  This guy would NOT have paid if it wasn;t for Ebay getting involved.  I contacted him 4 times about it through Ebay, all he sent was a sentance saying "yes, I paid", when he didn't.  NO communication, NO payment, and all of a sudden when Ebay gets involved, he pays.

That is NOT proper business.  And I still say I should be able to warn other sellers he may try to rip them off as well.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

I actually agree with bringing the negative feedback back for us buyers. 

I just sold a beautiful Coach diaper bag to a buyer with 1 feedback.  I was nervous about the feedback but thought positively.  Auction ended with a great amount for the bag and no payment.  Granted, it's only been a few days but here's what scares me.  I checked to see what else the buyer bid on and they won another Coach diaper bag hours earlier.  My guess is that they bid on both and didn't expect to win both auctions.  I emailed buyer today and no response yet.  I honestly don't think I will get one.  I will contact Ebay in a few days with a complaint filed and go from there but, yes, it is frustrating that we cannot leave negative feedback any longer.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

saxonjs
Enthusiast

I heartily agree with you. I just had a guy not pay for a $450. laptop and I can't leave negative feedback. At least I checked positive and then told the story in the comment space. This system is a joke. Feedback is not feedback if it's rigged. Like you said, how are sellers supposed to be forewarned about deadbeats?

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

lastview
Enthusiast

eBay will not return to allowing negative feedback for horrible bidders because common sense eludes eBay. Sure, there was th retaliation feedback problem back in thje day, but how is it any different than the retaliation feedback left today because of a UPI case opened by a seller? In 2013, only buyers can leave undeserved retaliation feedback.

Buyer feedback means nothing, the worst buyers in the world have 100% positive feedback thanks to eBays infantile fix for the old retaliation problem.

Remember, there are no bad buyers on ebay, no matter how bad or cruel they may be! The bad ones can mess up our businesses as much as they like until they get an *un-predetermined* amount of UPI strikes. Some buyers get 3 strikes and are NARU, others get 8 strikes and aren't. At this point, there is no reason a buyer feedback rating at all. A 100% buyer feedback rating means nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

We have the classic problem of a big company thinking that they are too big to fail. Bad buyers can continue to scam, and only the seller's that are wise enough (or lucky enough) to end up with a (successful?) closed UPI case after a minimum of 8 days stuck in limbo can get their listing fees back.

A quick lessen for those not in the know:

SCAMMER DEADBEAT BUYERS ***ALL*** HAVE 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

propargolf
Enthusiast

I am in complete agreement with those who say that the ability to leave negative feedback for buyers needs to come back. I just had a buyer from Singapore win a Vuitton belt in one of my auctions. He asked if we would ship there, we told him yes. He wrote us saying he accidentally set a maximum bid of $1,700 and meant to bid only $170. We asked if he wanted us to cancel his bid. He said no.

After all this, he wins the auction for over $300, doesn't pay for a couple days, then pays and we ship the item USPS and enter the tracking number into the invoice. The guy writes us abotu 10 days later complaining about wanting tracking. We politely told him he had the tracking info in the invoice, but then tracked it for him.

It showed the item as being last received in Chicago. It was likely in Customs at this point, which can take two days or two weeks. We asked if he wanted any further help or action from us.

And what does this jerkwad do? He leaves negative feedback on us that says "unfriendly and unfamiliar with product."

We're absolutely baffled at this point, so we write him asking why he did that. He refuses any explanation, calls us cheats and says he's going to file a Paypal dispute. We used the feedback arbitration option, he abruptly declined and has refused to tell us what we did wrong.

We're baffled at how this guy can say we were unfamiliar with the product when, A.) He never asked us any questions about the product itself; and, B) Didn't yet receive his product to critique it one way or another. And moreover, if he had such a problem with our familiarity with the said product, what did he bid for?!

I looked at his "Feedback left for others" and he did this to a couple other sellers as well. I don't know if he's trying to extort us or what, but it's a bunch of crap that a guy like that can have us by the shirt collar.

We asked eBay to intervene and remove the feedback, but we haven't heard back yet.

It's crap like this that makes sellers like me want to quit using this place and never look back.

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

stagsleaplodge
Enthusiast

Definitely DO NOT agree.  Ebay has a reasonable policy having taken in to consideration of the past abuse of their system.  This is the feasible way for buyers to leave accurate information about transactions without fear of unwarranted retaliation. 

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

there's no denying that the bay is slanted more towards happy buyers than happy sellers. I used to be both, I bought and sold but had some serious health problems get in the way of my happy go lucky ebay career. When I finally got back to it I discovered that numerous policies had changed and it wasn't nearly as profitable as it once was, so I quit selling and don't regret it at all. It's only gotten worse for the sellers and I feel their pain. I just wish there was another viable option to da bay, but there isn't, as anyone whose gone looking like I did and found poorly developed auction sites without all the bells and whistles da bay has. Whats a seller to do??????:-(

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

To reply to the topic, I think that bringing back neg. feedback for bad buyers is an extremely good idea but I don't think it will happen any time soon without a serious sellers strike to get ebays attention.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

If sellers can't even follow Ebay's rules properly, why should they be again trusted with a privilege which allowed them to retaliate? (Points at people who uses false positive as a 'workaround')

Keep dreaming.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

OK...  Seller's can abuse the feed-back for buyers system...  I got that; But couldn't there be a simple, visible-to-the-world mark that shows "buyer did not pay for this item"??  That way, seller's could know what they are dealing with??  And please spare me the  "buyer get's an unpaid item strike" rhetoric; We've all heard that record played before.  Three strikes, and there out??  Right!  That line needs to be followed up by "and they all lived happily ever after"  There are countless chronic no pay buyer feed-back walls, that are littered with neg's under poz FB.  And these accounts are STILL ALLOWED TO BID.  The buyer has carte blanche to do as they please, while the sellers are kept on an extremely short leash---

Message 15 of 41
latest reply