cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back NEGATIVE Feedback for BUYERS!

Holy cow, I can't give negative feedback for a buyer???  How stupid is THAT?  We had a buyer who DIDN"T PAY, we had to open an unpaid item case, he finally pays, and we can't do SQUAT about it through his feedback rating? 

That means his 100% feedback rating is MOST LIKELY WRONG.  He could have done this a zillion times, and sellers won't know it.

NOT FAIR!

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Bring Back NEGATIVE Feedback for BUYERS!

1. But couldn't there be a simple, visible-to-the-world mark that shows "buyer did not pay for this item"??

2. And please spare me the  "buyer get's an unpaid item strike" rhetoric; We've all heard that record played before.  Three strikes, and there out??  Right!

3. There are countless chronic no pay buyer feed-back walls, that are littered with neg's under poz FB.

4. while the sellers are kept on an extremely short leash---

1. Nope, because that's considered as negatively worded and leaving that in positive feedback is considered policy violation. Because of the current feedback policy, sellers have no right to say anything negative about a buyer.

2. Ebay does not actually have an official "three strike and you're out" policy, it's just people's imagination since some did get suspended after three non-payer strikes.

3. That can be explained by how a lot of sellers don't (wouldn't say too lazy because that's subjective) file UPI cases, especially those feedback-crazed sellers who wants vengeance at every buyer that doesn't make their trade smooth by paying or other things (sometimes the fraudulent sellers too).

4. Apparently Ebay considers keeping only sellers on short leash maximises their profit, otherwise Ebay would have changed already.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

I agree... too many non-paying bidders and jerks who like to leave negative feedbacks for jollies.  I miss the old days.

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

Yeah, I've seen this after just a few months of coming back how sellers have the buyers feet on our necks, and there's nothing we can do to show the rest of the community that these deadbeat buyers are exactly that.  It makes no sense to me at all...I deal in high end cell phones and in the used market, time is money.  A weeks time can, and HAS, turned into me losing revenue over being held up buy a deadbeat buyer.  Right now, I've got 4 that sold last week, and by the time it's "clear" for me to relist these (as most of you know, I can't "legally" relist because if one of these idiots decides to send payment in the 11th hour I have no choice but to ship according to policy) they will already have dropped in value according to the completed listings.  These 4 items are going to yield me a total of about $170 less than if these deadbeats would have made way for an actual 'buyer' to get them last week.  As for unpaid item strikes, well that's a joke.  Google it, there's people all over that are bragging about the loopholes & ways they do it to get the best deal & some are giving pointers to other eBayers on how to successfully bid & tie up a ton of auctions at once, wait till they all close & only pay for the ones they really want...these buyers are using this as a sword instead of a shield and I think allowing us to post negative or neutral feedback, according to experience, will absolutely weed out the people serious about trading here from the ones that are just hustling us and the rest of the community.

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

IT WON'T HAPPEN as most sites don't have it. but i think it should be for non payers and with they can't leave feedback at all for no pay.this problem started back years ago when the seller would leave a NEG FOR NEG. the seller.s are the one's who stated it so stop crying sellers and move on to another site if you don't like it .their still are tons of sellers who are crooks on e-bay .in diff ways .i see so many in coins but this has been going on since the 50's or even before .you got the fake roll sellers ,the over graders ,the over pricers who try to make you think its a higher grade by the price .you would be surprise how many fell for that one .the one's that use shill's and the ones that make the fake coins and their are many other ways to rip the collector like putting a set together and says they are unc. and when you go back into his feedback he bought au's for the key coins .clean up photo's is another .this place is loaded my guess in the high 90's % in coins

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

Yeah, bring back negative feedback for buyers. What the hell is so wrong just saying the that buyer never paid if it's the truth. Or buyer wanted to keep the item but wanted a few bucks back. That's extortion and illegal

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

Since ebay forbad the negative feedback left for buyers more creeps have signed up. No these are not buyers these are creeps, wasting everyone's time and money and manpower. Creeps hiding behind a screen wanting to do damage to some poor seller who depends on ebay to eat and have a roof over their heads.

I LOVE MY BUYERS, THE SINCERE ONES...if it wasn't for them my "family" and I would be starving

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

Had a few deadbeats buyers recently one is currently happening now, with the excuse that he is waiting on funds to go into his account. 

Then after that he thought it would be ok to wait a week for another item to finish so i could combine them.

And ofcourse there isnt a thing i can do about it but wait 6 days for him to eventually pay and then leave me neg feedback.

Ebay says they dont get involved in certain matters but hey ho they already did when the took the ability for sellers to leave appropriate feedback for idiot buyers

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

The other thing I hate is people who mess up stars and in turn try to mess up my Top Rated Seller. They will have low stars on shipping when I use a FR box that costs 10.60 and I can only charge a max of 9 dollars. When I do sell things and charge for shipping, I include the price paid on the shipping label. People still say they pay too much. I usually try to figure it into price but that's almost impossible when dealing with auctions. I try to guarantee a make some money off the sell if it doesn't sell for as much as I want. Where this is going....

Put a star system in for buyers. Same as we get as sellers. We can get a feel and if automatically paid they get 5 stars automatically like we do when we offer free shipping. Make it an option for max days you would like to receive payment in. If payment is not received in that time you can charge your stars. Hell make it to where they have to pay when they win. Like no option. Link PayPal and eBay and once an auction is won it automatically charges the account. If they don't have it they can't bid. If they can't pay when completed it lets you relist it or second Chance it upon contacting the next person with the second chance offer. Buyers might not like it but it would protect us. I mean there has to be a way to make it secure. My iTunes is linked and I have to put password in. Us an authenticator or something.
Message 23 of 41
latest reply

that sir was very well said .. I agree with you 100% , I am a seller and I am sick to death of bending over backwards for unfair and downright dishonest buyers ... dont get me wrong .. most of my customers =fine ,... but SOME OF THEM just make my blood boil ... wrecking stuff then sending it back .... opening SNAD cases for just about ANYTHING etc etc etc

SCAM BUYERS AIDED AND ABBETTED BY EBAY

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

I agree that we sellers should be able to leave negative once the unpaid item is complete and they didnt follow through. Even if that was the only way to leave a negative, it would be beneficial-and we had a LOT less non-payers when they could get bad FB. I agree that the retaliatory FB was a mess, but at least it should be allowed for a non-payer. As a seller, I've had people ask me for things telling me to check their feedback-well, that means nothing to me. One person really needed something BEFORE her e-check cleared and told me to check her FB and said I could trust her since she was 100%-what good does that do? We also used to be able to look at a buyer's ID and see how many unpaid strikes they had-it was separate from the actual FB. 

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

From what I gathered sellers were using feedback to get revenge on buyers who left them negs,the buyer responsibility is to pay for item in an timely manner,that means once they pay they have done their part. Sellers would hold feedback until the buyer has left feedback and if the seller got dinged the seller would ding back.  that is why ebay took the option away. 

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

We need to have something in place that protects sellers from unscrupulous buyers...the one sided feedback system doesn't work! I am getting beat up by people who non-chalantly change their minds, or claim there is something wrong with the item after is ships (there is NOT). I've had ebay issue refunds to buyers who then KEPT my item rather than returning it - and I have no recourse! Where is the seller support, eBay? I've been selling her for 12 years, have power seller ratings, yet feel my side of an argument holds no water. I'm not the bad guy here. 

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

I feel the same way! Ebay offers no support for theor sellers. Without sellers there will be no buyers! If you don't pay and you blow me off, you should get an automatic negative. In the event of an unpaid item and if the buyer will not communicate with the seller, at the VERY LEAST, ebay should put the negative on the feedback profile of the buyer, they need to make unpaid items public and hold them responsible, if the buyer can choose which items they want to bid on and not pay, the seller should be ale to choose what buyers they want to sell to based on their feedback of what type of buyer they are.
Message 28 of 41
latest reply

keeping bombarding e bay to bring back negative feedback for non payers, in surveys or even better just go to live help and  tell them they what we want, the person will be confused (as usual) but so what, tell everyone tpo do it several times a day, it will take time to build.

@cheapskateskids wrote:
I feel the same way! Ebay offers no support for theor sellers. Without sellers there will be no buyers! If you don't pay and you blow me off, you should get an automatic negative. In the event of an unpaid item and if the buyer will not communicate with the seller, at the VERY LEAST, ebay should put the negative on the feedback profile of the buyer, they need to make unpaid items public and hold them responsible, if the buyer can choose which items they want to bid on and not pay, the seller should be ale to choose what buyers they want to sell to based on their feedback of what type of buyer they are.

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

@cheapskateskids wrote:

keeping bombarding e bay to bring back negative feedback for non payers, in surveys or even better just go to live help and  tell them they what we want, the person will be confused (as usual) but so what, tell everyone tpo do it several times a day, it will take time to build.

@cheapskateskids wrote:

Message 30 of 41
latest reply