eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

ruffbnme
Community Member

Re: Bad feedback what are my options

in reply to shadyl8d

I have wondered if I could post non-paying bidders ID on my page. Is that allowed? If so, I'll start my list right now!

Concerning pics===Absolutely! I used to complain when we were only allowed 1-2 pics for free and had to pay for every other pic. Now that we can post 12, I'm actually very pleased by this! I have no problem taking pics to post. I think 12 pics eliminates most reasons a buyer will return an item. If there is a flaw on 1 of my items, it's in 1 of my pics and described in the auction. Now, I'm not 100% positive that what I say about "returns" on my listing is fool proof or not, but it seems to work for me. I say, "Returns allowed if you do not receive the pictured item in "as described" condition". So I list/describe all the flaws, take plenty of pics, let buyers decide. 1 thing is certain, the only surprises my buyers have are seeing their "winnings" in their hand and realize it looks better than my pics! The human eye doesn't see things as good as modern day digital cameras!!!

Insurance===I think Ebay/USPS "covers our behinds" now, doesn't it? I was thinking items were insured for up to $100 if you purchased shipping labels via Ebay.

Please use plain text.
shadyl8d
Community Member

in reply to kristinalambert

A few more thoughts.  You should reply to her negative feedback on you page.  This willl stay with the buyer and always be up for review and help to warn others.

INSURE your items and on expensive items, have more than two pictures.

Please use plain text.
ruffbnme
Community Member

in reply to shadyl8d

All I can say to that is, "WAY TO GO, shadyl8d!"! Yes!! Good job!!

Please use plain text.
ruffbnme
Community Member

in reply to imperial_exotics

That is not true. As stated in my post, Ebay backed me on all my cases. But, these are "my" cases that I refer to. I don't know the facts concerning your issues.

HOWEVER, it is a "scammers paradise"! We, as sellers, need to convince Ebay to look at the issues and ask "us" how they can help to make Ebay a safe place to buy/sell.

I really do believe when Ebay finally allows both buyers AND sellers to post negative feedback, a lot of the "scammers" will be cleared out. Another thing they need to do is allow sellers to block buyers with only ONE (1) unpaid item! I mean, "I" want to block buyers with only 1 unpaid item. Maybe some sellers/buyers might think that a little too harsh and maybe it is. But at least give sellers the "option" to block the sellers they want to!!

Please use plain text.
shadyl8d
Community Member

Just wanted to share a similar story.  When I first started selling a buyer bought a Disney product from me.  Claimed that it arrived damaged.  Showed pictures of a box similar to the one I shipped, not the one I shipped.  She had paid by credit card via the pay pal system.  FLAT OUT CON.  Buyer won that round.  

A couple of years go buy and I researched the fraud seller only to find the product that she had claimed as damaged for sell in her store.  Imagine that!  Exact item description and markings as the one she received as damaged.  BUYER lost that round after I called paypal and complained and showed proof and asked that she be investigated for other possible fraud, I was refunded my money.

There is never a perfect crime.  I would love to display that person's name and slander the heck out of them, but its proof she doesn't need any help stepping on her own toes. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to r0npm

Honestly, nothing you can do. As far as eBay is concerned YOU are a criminal if you choose to be a seller.  They will never back you up, never look at the facts and never do anything in your favor.

eBay has become a scammers paradise, and many sellers, myself included have said enough of eBay and decided it was not worth the hassle.

Please use plain text.
r0npm
Community Member

I do feel your pain. Unfortunately, the system is designed to force sellers into agreeing to whatever the buyer wants. Especially when it comes to subjective opinions.  You would have been far better off paying for the refund and putting an end to the nonsense. How much does it cost to ship a teapot? Can't be more than $15 even across the country. On top of that, I think you even get your ebay and PP fees refunded if you issue a full refund and relist/sell the item, so your out of pocket cost for paying for the return would be minimal on a $136 item.  Standing your ground gets you absolutely nothing but grief. Look at it as a cost of doing business, just like theft or shoplifting. You do what you can to minimize it but you can't stop it completely. We didn't make the rules, but we have to play by them or suffer the consquences. On eBay, the only rule that matters is:  "the customer is always right".    It ain't "fair", it ain't "right", it may not even be legal, but it's the rule. 99% of buyers are fantastic people, 1% are online market terrorists. Just be thankful you can block that particular buyer from ever visiting your store again.  

Best Wishes,

Please use plain text.
ruffbnme
Community Member

Yes. It has happened to me too. And it is true! i.e. buyers are aware they can only receive positive feedback and is my opinion, they take full advantage of it. It IS very sad that buyers think sellers must kiss their little rosy cheeks! I will tell you 1 way I have stopped a few buyers from being able to post a negative against me after I did absolutely everything in my power to make things right...and did. Here is what you do...well, at least it worked for me...........If during a message swap with a buyer, the buyer says or uses the word, "feedback" in their message, all you do is pick up the phone, contact Ebay, and tell them your buyer is trying to...."extort feedback"!! Very simple! It is against Ebay policy to threaten a seller OR a buyer by even mentioning, "feedback"! Ebay has no, no, no choice but to prevent or remove a negative feedback "if" the buyer threatens you with it! So, if the buyer you are talking about said anything about "negative feedback" and it is in any/all of the messages from her, Ebay MUST remove the comment!!

And there you are!

Please use plain text.
mycoachawaits
Community Member

I think your buyer knew what her intentions were all along. :smileysad:

Use this link to reply to her feedback:

http://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

See over on the right under community - Reply to feedback received

If the link doesnt work, scroll to the bottom of any page youre on and find "Site Map"

Then See over on the right under community - Reply to feedback received

Please use plain text.
Community Member

You have no options....no good deed goes unpunished.

Please use plain text.
kristinalambert
Community Member

Bad feedback what are my options

So I recently got my first bad feedback.  I am really so sick of the buyers being able to blackmail us, I work hard to provide a high quality of service.  When I make a mistake I do everything to make it right.  But some buyers are just trying to rip you off, I have given into their demands in the past just to protect my rating, but this time I am standing my ground! Yes I am annoyed.  The person talked me into a large discount upfront, it was there birthday, this was there gift to themself, they were stretching there budget(big tip off next time realize they can not afford it)  So I came down from $200 to $136 on a super rare teapot.  She asked a lot of questions up front about issues.  I had on my listing and I told her about staining on the inside.  But I inspected beyond that really good condition.  when she gets it she claims the colors are all faded and there is missing paint and she claims once you cleaned the inside you can see a chip on the inside of the teapot. Her email to me is quite rude and she wants to know what I am going to do about it.  I am the first to admit I can  miss things, but I am confident there were no fading or paint issues and I saw no chips. She says she can not even enjoy her tea from this pot, you know because there is chip on the inside that you can not see.  I very nicely tell her that I can not really come down on the price anymore I apologize she is  unhappy and let her know I do have a return policy and would be happy to accept a return.  I don't hear from her in weeks.  Then out of the blue I get what I think is one of the rudest nastiest messages I have ever gotten with her ranting at me.  She says what if you bought a house and plumbing does not work, the elctricity does not work are you supposed to be happy because you got it for a fair price and she does not want to return it she wants money back.  Wow this was so over the top.  I used self control and again emailed her I was very sorry she was unhappy but a return was really her only option. I typically only allow returns for 2 weeks but that I would allow her to return it anyway and issue a refund once it was returned in good condition.  She sent me several more rude messages.  It is at this point she left bad feedback.  I hate how eBay lets users behave this way.  I have reported her but I am doubtful it will come out in my favor, someone told me I can reply to her feedback but when I go to that screen I can not find this item. Does anyone know why? I swear 99.9% of the people that buy from me are lovely people, it is that small minority that can really make our live miserable.

Please use plain text.