cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atrocity that is eBay Customer Service - What is my alternative?

slxlohocla
Enthusiast

Been selling on eBay for 10 years.  I have 2951 all positive feedbacks on my selling name.  I have had 2 neutrals dropped on me and never a negative.  The neutrals were by new users who did not understand the feedback system.

I used to have an account manager.

This new customer service model is the WORST customer service model I have ever...EVER seen.

Recent experiences:

Called to ask about why I can't raise "buy it now" price above a certain amount without being asked to start a new listing.

Can only get OVERSEAS help.  First try they put me on hold 'cause they didn't know.  I asked for Supervisor when they didn't give adequate answer.  Was told he'd call back in 24 hours.  Took 'em 2 days.  He didn't give adequate answers.

I called back the next day to try again.  Overseas girl answered told me that since I had a starting price of $1500 I couldn't add a "buy it now" feature to my listing.  Seriously?  FAIL.  I literally had to train her on the telephone about the buy it now feature.  She admitted her error and apologized for giving me incorrect information.  She was very sweet.  I felt bad for her.

Ebay called my home number today to tell me about new promotions.  I changed that phone number in the preferences several weeks ago yet they continue to call my home.  I called customer service today to find out what I have to do to be sure they quit calling my home number.  We don't check those messages anymore and only use our cell phones.  Overseas customer support put me on hold for 38 minutes before I hung up.  This was just about changing my number in the preferences ya'll!  

I call again.  Support answers.  I ask, "what country are you in?"  Manilla.  I say, "put me through to the U.S. support."  They say they will help me.  I say no thanks.  They say ok I will connect you.  Someone answers after a few minutes.  She only tells me she is in "Asia."  I say no thanks...and hang up.

I call back again.  Girl answers.  "Where are you located," I ask her.  She says, "our policy does not allow me to tell you where I am located."  I say, "are you kidding me?"  I say, "are you being for real?"  She says, "yes, I am serious."  I laugh so hard in her ear that I can hardly contain myself.  Now, they are telling them to HIDE where they are from!  ahhahahahahhahaa

I call back again.  Guy answers.  "Where are you located," I ask him.  "Manilla," he says.  I hang up.

I give up.

So I come here.

Am I in the TWILIGHT ZONE! ????

What has happened to eBay customer support?  This is as bad as it gets.

I make eBay a LOT of money and offer the stellar service to my customers that they badly want out of a seller yet they don't offer that to me.

I would like to hear of an alternative to eBay?  Coke has Pepsi.  Chevy has Ford.

I don't see a viable alternative to eBay at the moment?  Amazon?  They don't auction do they?  I've never checked Amazon.  Ebay seems scared of Amazon so have any of you guys sold there?  After 10 years and nearly flawless feedback and customer service by me I am now seriously looking for alternatives to what eBay has become.

I will be looking into developing my own website to sell my wares but in the meantime let me know your thoughts.

Has eBay become "too big to fail?"

Thanks for your input.

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Do you want to keep paying fees to some company that treats you that way? QUIT EBAY I SAY!

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

eBay not Ebay.

Message 32 of 62
latest reply

well ebay has many different items much more than others. good deals for whatever you want new or used.  i tell all check ebay first new furnace new wood stove whatever.   but ebay is big and cocky.

others will come build up and ebay will go.  thats the market.

should ebay find a balanced way to deal with people they could stay.

but move to WEBSTORE no fees still safe pay methods.  

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

http://www.wix.com/create/website

build your own e-commerce  website .

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

Ebay its is so sad that it has all gone so wrong, I wish something else would come along when it does good bye ebay forever

Message 35 of 62
latest reply

WOW! I have been on eBay for awhile now, just really started to sell a year and a half ago, was always a buyer. Have to tell you, this has become a BUYERS site. It protects the buyers, not the sellers. I have had nothing but problems with buyers in the last six months, never had problems before. Frustrating. But then, you call customer service for help... HOLY CRAP! Disrepectful, uninformed, useless, time consuming, a total waste of time. They cannot help you at all. Nor do they wish to. Tonight is the first time I have ever come to the forums, I can't believe how many sellers there are that are as pissed off and fed up as I am. I will ask this question ONE MORE TIME: what is the point of  me being able to set in my preferences the ability to block buyers with negative feedback if I can't leave negative feedback for bad buyers? Furthermore, on one of the other forums here tonight, I saw a member with single digit feedback ask in the forum what he can do about the two unpaid item strikes against him, and another member, also with single digit feedbacks, told him to just close his one account and open up another, and he'd be "as clean as snow". That is just wonderful.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

cardboardtrader
Enthusiast

I was doing over $1,200 a month in commissions back to Ebay and that was AFTER the 20% discount.  They don't care how much you bill with them and how hard you work to keep your ratings up.  There is absolutely, positively NO ACCOUNTABILITY on their side.  I had the exact same customer service fiasco over a billing issue that they started and caused due to their mistake on a policy issue.  I couldn't even get them to recognize and credit a $1.00 error so I am leaving for another sight!  Finally have 5 calls and 2 hours on the phone I was able to get my $1.00 credited but they were totally unwilling to provide any type of goodwill or accountability whatsoever.  In fact, the CS rep when pressed to answer my question as to what accountability Ebay has to it's Sellers, she told me that there was competitition and that is how I could voice my dissatisfaction and hold them accountable.  Well, guess what, I am following their advice.  SEE YA LATER EBAY !!!  After 13 years and over $100K in commissions paid out!!!  GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

cardboardtrader
Enthusiast

I was doing over $1,200 a month in commissions back to Ebay and that was AFTER the 20% discount.  They don't care how much you bill with them and how hard you work to keep your ratings up.  There is absolutely, positively NO ACCOUNTABILITY on their side.  I had the exact same customer service fiasco over a billing issue that they started and caused due to their mistake on a policy issue.  I couldn't even get them to recognize and credit a $1.00 error so I am leaving for another sight!  Finally have 5 calls and 2 hours on the phone I was able to get my $1.00 credited but they were totally unwilling to provide any type of goodwill or accountability whatsoever.  In fact, the CS rep when pressed to answer my question as to what accountability Ebay has to it's Sellers, she told me that there was competitition and that is how I could voice my dissatisfaction and hold them accountable.  Well, guess what, I am following their advice.  SEE YA LATER EBAY !!!  After 13 years and over $100K in commissions paid out!!!  GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

Ebay uses a many reasons for holding your funds.They came up with these Gestapo rules just so they can hold on to your money longer.The gain the interest while the seller waits weeks to get the few dollars profit they made if there lucky after Ebay gouges them.Ive been selling on Ebay since 1999 and have almost 13500 positive feedback and am just sick of the way this company is run now.If I didn't know it was an American company I would bet it was run by a communist run country.I really can't wait to see Ebay fail and another company take the lead.Ebay and there strong arm tactics have to go.

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

nettech54
Enthusiast

I was beginning to wonder if I was crazy or the only one that has come to hate eBay. I've never bought or sold a lot, but most every experience has been painful at best.

My original reason for visiting this discussion board was because I Googled "eBay Alternatives" Interesting that it took me to a discussion by pissed off eBayers on their own web site.

I've hope all of you find a better place to sell, because I won't be buying or selling on eBay anymore. I'm sick to death of these greedy worthless slobs.

Message 40 of 62
latest reply

I idiotically listed a handful of items this week, am seeing little traffic, and am now hoping nothing even sells. I agree with everyone else, selling on ebay is not nearly profitable enough anymore or fun. The economy is still in the dumps, most everyone is looking to get something for cheap, and when we get hit with fees that include 10% of shipping we are paying out pocket, it's just not worth selling unless it's a big ticket item or really cheap shipping.  I too have had ebay/Paypal put a hold on my money after I've shipped items, without any clear reason. I deal with enough clueless people with the cable company.  Here I have a choice!  I think I will just donate everything I have or just have a yard sale, where I get rid of the stuff and get the cash in hand fast. bye bye ebay!

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

Just got my account frozen for no reason, I am a 100% comments 780 sales seller. This is my personal account, I sell toys and diecast airplanes on, they linked it to an account from where I work, which I truly have nothing to do with, except that I work for this company and they have me log in an answer questions for them. Its not my account, I have nothing to do with it's issues, but Ebay suspends my account due to some issue with there account. How can this be legal or at the very least how does Ebay benefit from hurting me? I count on these sales for daily income. I called Ebay and talked to 5 or 6 reps after getting disconnected 2 times, telling the story over and over again, only to be told they cant do anything and the person I need to talk to can only be reached via Email. I am not a fan nor hater of Ebay. I think the Fees are too high and they way they only look out for buyers and not sellers is incorrect. Its still the best way to sell collectibles and toys. I sell 75 to 150 dollars a day and can not go even a few days before I have income problems, they dont care, my personal account has zero issues, yet they wont help me restore it. Any ideas by anyone ?  Godzilla

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

modelracers
Enthusiast

ebay seem to want to play god and do not listen to logic or reason. They are inadequate. We all need to find a way to make a claim on them.google my name and send me a message.

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

laptopfixx
Enthusiast

Over 1500 positive feedbacks and because of a couple of

people gave me one or two stars in the communication field

I have been permantly banned from selling. Over 99 percent positive feedback. Unbelievable. I have been with eBay since

2004. Eight years and they dump me. Tried calling a couple times and just got foreigners saying there is nothing they can do.

Ebay will slowly lose business if they dont fix customer service

Please someone, start another Auction Website!

Message 44 of 62
latest reply

E-Bay USA support is from ASIA and their support people do not understand how to interpret E-Bay policies correctly.One of their support reps suspended me for two weeks because i made more than the allotted limit of negative feedbacks.If i do not receive an item,then I submit a negative feedback.

Message 45 of 62
latest reply