cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted after complaining about a power seller or china seller?

How many people have had their account restricted after complaining about a power seller or china seller?
We have found some frightening things out about ebay and are moving to other locations to sell. Well, we have to ..there are several people living in our home, of course 🙂 mom, dad, my college age kids, and school age kids. We have some of my kids friends come and stay over go on the computer and log in and print etc. So our house is always busy. We are white upper to middle income living in California. This is what happened: About 6 mos ago I purchased 8 silver bracelets under my personal ebay account for my daughter's bridal shower gifts. I gave one to my brand new mother-in-law, I also just married. Even though they were all stamped .925 they were fake. One of the gift receivers gracefully told me as their dad happened to be a jeweler! Yikes! They looked real to me and were advertised to be 100% solid silver. I was so in shock and felt horrible. I complained. At the time I was not selling anything under my account, just buying things. I seen the seller was selling 2400 a day! I figured I better get the bracelets they are so popular and will sell out!! Well, they were not real. I tried to tell eBay and thought I was being a good samaritan. It did not pay for me to turn in those large mass silver sellers selling fake silver. I woke up one morning and my account was restricted for ever! I had been on ebay for over 15 years!! Well, it gets better.. months later...my husband and I made a purchase (on my husbands eBay account that he had before we were even married) and it was not a good one. It was a beautiful designer dress for my daughters wedding. I received it and it was a cheap copy from another country.I was very upset and wanted to return it to the seller. I did but was out my shipping of $18 both ways and they advertised they were from South Carolina. My husband and I do not have the same name due to my profession and , no paypal connection no real financial connection to me at this point at all.. but.eBay is cutting his account off too..for being related to me.......they really give no good reason just that he is connected to a restricted account and once that account has resolved its issues his will be fine. I try to resolev the issues and the cusomer service reps say "WE ARE NOT A FACE TO FACE COMPANY" WE ARE NOT A FACE TO FACE COMPANY" "ANY ONE WITH THE SAME ADDRESS, IP, OR EVEN SAME FINGERPRINT AS YOU WILL GET RESTRICTED FOREVER" It gets better, what about my kids in college and their kids or anyone who just logs into this computer? I work at a college have foriegn exchange students here and have people here all the time. "YES, WE ARE NOT A FACE TO FACE COMPANY, THEY WILL BE RESTRICTED, too." ...I said wow! do we live in Russia? this is just crazy! I mean why? I sell used items. I asked her to please disconnect my account. Please do not penalize my family or my children or anyone who may be related to me. It is just not fair. I said what ever i did I will take blame. In the entire time I ever sold on ebay I only sold one item that was questionable. I sold a vintage coach I found at a Goodwill. When I did I called them about it they told me I was a fraud - I said no it was a vintage bag and Goodwill had it marked as vintage. They said Coach flagged it. I said that is fine I will not sell it. But, I was pretty much called a criminal. It was disrespectful to me. I have never sold anything that was outside their guidelines. So, I ask why? All because I turned in a fraud seller selling silver??!! And then a dress knock off producer. All my items are real, unique, from my closet to your closet. I love vintage books, vintage clothing, unique items and not mass produced china junk. I hope someone reads this and has a lot of money to give the small mom and pops like us a venue that will compete with eBay. We are asking you PLEASE!! I promise you we will support you!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I tell my family they CANNOT look at e bay on my computer.  No friends NO ONE!  They will link you together and 99.999% of the time they will never unlink it.  They go my IP addresses on the computer.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Every person who used your computer or your IP address to sign into Ebay is now connected, and there is no way to prove to eBay that you are not.

That's why you never let someone else, who has an eBay account, use your computer to browse, sell or buy on eBay.

and just so you know...

You were not restricted because you complained about a Power Seller, it may be because one of your children's friends, who you let use your computer, was restricted.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

passline
Scout

The actual reasons do not matter. What matters is eBay is in total control and you and all of us have absolutely no say. I stopped trying to contact eBay about any matters, they read from printed sheets. Their opinions do not exist, only the wriien word. Have a nice day..........

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

With those DSR's, you think it was because you complained about a seller?

Really?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

tl;dr
The Real Me  
Everything comes to s/he who waits.. Unless tracking shows >Delivered
→ eBay Buying practices policy ↔ PayPal What is Buyer Abuse?
'Lo barato sale caro'. The cheap comes out expensive ~ Judge Milian
BOGO
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ebay has erased my complaints about Supercosmos, one of the sellers, with no coherent explanation as to why. Its distburbing that a seller that does enough business with ebay can force this kind of censorship.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I sympathize. I have another complaint- they keep shipping my Christmas orders to an address where I no longer live despite my having listed another address as my sole and thus primary address. Consequently I am considering never using them again as this has caused me no end of trouble. They also threatened to cut me off after I asked a seller to contact me at my email address. What useless stupidity!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply