cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, May 17th @ 1pm PT - eBay Open, SHINE awards + Q&A

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

This week we would like to use the Community chat to talk about and answer any questions you may have about eBay Open and also use this as a reminder that the deadline for submissions for our SHINE awards is fast approaching. If you have questions about buying & selling that's fine too, please share. 

eBay Open - for those that didn't attend last year, during the last week in July, over 1,000 sellers and eBay staff will take over the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. We'll bring you three action-packed days of learning, networking, fun and celebrations! Tickets for the event are going fast, if you're interested, be sure to sign up before they sell out! Full info via this link

The SHINE Awards - recognize inspirational small business sellers. Share your story for a chance to win fantastic prizes designed to grow your business. The closing date for entries is May 19. Full info via this link.

Lastly, we want to hear your feedback about our Weekly Community Chat. We want to make sure that the chat evolves to meet your needs, so please take this short survey to let us know what we could do to improve. 

Thanks & speak with you at 1 pm on Wednesday. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We'll open up the thread for replies at the top of the hour. Joining us today is our new teammate tyler@ebay. You can learn more about Tyler here

Thanks!

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 82
latest reply

The thread is now open! 

Message 3 of 82
latest reply

Big welcome to Tyler!!!! 🙂

https://bio.link/langs
Message 4 of 82
latest reply

Message 5 of 82
latest reply

Why thank you! I'm excited to be here and help out. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 82
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

We'll open up the thread for replies at the top of the hour. Joining us today is our new teammate tyler@ebay. You can learn more about Tyler here

Thanks!

Welcome, tyler@ebay.

Bigmotormania
Message 7 of 82
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Great suggestion! I will pass this along for consideration, no problem!

Message 8 of 82
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Don't worry, Tyler, that excitement won't last long.  Ask the others.  This can be a tough crowd (with good reason, of course).  Make sure you have your thick skin on at all times.  😉

Welcome board! 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 9 of 82
latest reply

Will you be opening up promoted listings for single items any time soon?

Message 10 of 82
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If submitting an application for the Shine Awards, and a seller qualifies for more than one category, can separate essays be sent for each category, or is the same single essay applied across all categories?

Message 11 of 82
latest reply

@relaxintowealth wrote:

Hi, @relaxintowealth - this has been in beta testing for a while, and we'll have more info on this soon - keep an eye out. Also, we're going to have a Community chat on the topic of Promoted Listings mid-June with the manager of that feature. 

Thanks! 

Message 12 of 82
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

That sentiment might only last a few weeks. People here are very critical, but you can hardly blame them considering a lot of them have their entire livelihood invested into this website, so any issue and frustrations get taken out on the closest ones they can find; You guys.

But I'm sure it's not all THAT bad.

Bigmotormania
Message 13 of 82
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@relaxintowealth wrote:

Hi, @relaxintowealth - this has been in beta testing for a while, and we'll have more info on this soon - keep an eye out. Also, we're going to have a Community chat on the topic of Promoted Listings mid-June with the manager of that feature. 

Thanks! 

alan@ebay

Alan, will that be before or after promoted listings for single items is rolled out?

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 14 of 82
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 15 of 82
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: