cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, June 21st @ 1pm PT - Promoted Listings

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Join us here tomorrow for a Community Q&A hour on the topic of Promoted Listings. You may have heard the news that Promoted Listings is now available for single quantity items,  please feel free to join in and ask us your questions on Promoted Listings.

The chat will take place from 1-2pm Pacific. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

The thread is now open for replies. 

*off-topic posts will be removed

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 69
latest reply

I don't really understand exactly what "promoted listings" are. 
Where can I get a tutorial?

Message 3 of 69
latest reply

If one of the reasons for using promoted listings is to get people into your shop or listings, and ultimately purchase multiple items, what good is it if IPR is now required on everything?

If someone clicks to purchase a promoted listing, but also wants to buy something else because the seller says they will combine shipping for a discount, why would a buyer continue to pay for the listing that brought them there KNOWING that now they won't be getting any combined shipping?

I don't really have a question or comment about the promoted listings. I did not know that individual items were now part of the program but am happy to hear that. I've tried them 3 times with multiple variation listings and tho they only increased my sales once - I did receive more views and click throughs so I'm going to readjust the pictures, prices and descriptions to make them more appealing to a buyer.

I would just like to thank you and the other blues for your invilvement in the community. You guys and gals are doing a great job and I feel many of us feel that we have more of a connection with this group as you listen to us. Keep up the good work!

Message 5 of 69
latest reply

Hi Alan + Team.

The phrase "Sponsored Listing" is a turn off to many buyers who won't even click on the listing as a result.

Has it been considered to change this wording to "Featured Listing" or "Promoted Listing" to see what kind of difference it could make?

Message 6 of 69
latest reply

And I'll say this again - they are shown as 'sponsored' listings. To many of us, and on many websites also, sponsored listings are listings that take you offsite. Why are they not called 'promoted' listings?

I don't understand the point in having promoted listings, something which may or may not influence a buyer to want to make multiple purchases from a seller, if you are forcing immediate payment as a requirement for everything and essentially forcing a buyer to purchase everything one at a time.

Please, elaborate.

Bigmotormania
Message 8 of 69
latest reply

Currently the categories available for single listings are very limited. Do you have a timeframe for the rollout of additional categories?

Message 9 of 69
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

Hi Alan + Team.

The phrase "Sponsored Listing" is a turn off to many buyers who won't even click on the listing as a result.

Has it been considered to change this wording to "Featured Listing" or "Promoted Listing" to see what kind of difference it could make?

Slow typist corner for me ..... 'Featured' sounds even better than 'promoted', and light years better than 'sponsored'.

If an item is featured using Promoted Listings and it is generating a lot of impressions but not many click throughs and no sales, this will ultimately hurt the listing's placement in organic search results, correct?

If this is occuring, then likely the listing needs to be revised (pricing, photos, something) because there's a reason people are not interested, but I would still appreciate a confirmed answer to the above question. Thanks!

Message 11 of 69
latest reply

If I were to pay for promotion of 250 low priced auction listings with Buy it Now thru a storefront (with my seller preference and ebay recommended  allowance of 30 days to complete their purchases) , plus I specify that I am happy to combine shipping rates to save my buyer money,  will my buyer still be forced into Immediate Payment on each of those purchases?

I mean, we seriously need more bang for our buck, and all that.  

Message 12 of 69
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

If one of the reasons for using promoted listings is to get people into your shop or listings, and ultimately purchase multiple items, what good is it if IPR is now required on everything?

If someone clicks to purchase a promoted listing, but also wants to buy something else because the seller says they will combine shipping for a discount, why would a buyer continue to pay for the listing that brought them there KNOWING that now they won't be getting any combined shipping?

Promoted listings is an advertising service that gives sellers the opportunity to surface their items on high visibility placements across eBay site. Buyers can simply add multiple items to their cart and then pay for the items to take advantage of your shipping discounts. 

Thanks!

Message 13 of 69
latest reply

Dear tunicsalot,

Thank you for the positive feedback! Our goal is to make Promoted Listings an additional marketing lever for all sellers on eBay. We have noticed that sellers see an uptick in all sales after joining Promoted Listings, and we believe that the additional views that sellers get with PL is a big contributer. 

Happy future sales!

Message 14 of 69
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I don't really have a question or comment about the promoted listings. I did not know that individual items were now part of the program but am happy to hear that. I've tried them 3 times with multiple variation listings and tho they only increased my sales once - I did receive more views and click throughs so I'm going to readjust the pictures, prices and descriptions to make them more appealing to a buyer.

I would just like to thank you and the other blues for your invilvement in the community. You guys and gals are doing a great job and I feel many of us feel that we have more of a connection with this group as you listen to us. Keep up the good work!

That's fantastic feedback, @tunicaslot! We love to hear feedback like this! Thanks so much. 

Message 15 of 69
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: