cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, June 14th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join the Community team at 1 pm Pacific today for our weekly chat. We do not have a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your buying or selling questions or share what's on your eBay mind. 

Talk to you at 1 pm!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, the chat is now open! Looking forward to talking to everyone this afternoon 🙂

Message 2 of 106
latest reply

Hi Community Team!

In the "My eBay" drop-down at the top right of every page, can we please get a quick link added for the "Account" page? Yes, I already submitted feedback through the 'tell us what you think' link. 🙂

Message 3 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@copper.boom wrote:

Hi Community Team!

In the "My eBay" drop-down at the top right of every page, can we please get a quick link added for the "Account" page? Yes, I already submitted feedback through the 'tell us what you think' link. 🙂

I can suggest this! No problem!

Edit: In the meantime, there you can get to this from the drop down under your name in the upper left hand corner. Click on Account Settings and it will take you to the Account page.

Message 4 of 106
latest reply

Tyler, is there any update to the ability to drag & drop photos with the new listing tool as discussed 3 weeks ago? Did you find out if this is an error they're fixing (timeframe?) or if they intentionally removed the feature?

Message 5 of 106
latest reply

I have been selling on eBay for more than 15 years. I am TRS on two of my id’s and have two stores. I usually have a combined total of 200-300 listings running.

It’s the middle of June and the month is shaping up to be my worst ever. So far this month I have had three sales.

Like thousands of other sellers, I have experienced steadily declining sales for years. But this is unbelievable.

What’s wrong?

Message 6 of 106
latest reply

I discovered that I got 2 more "late shipment" defects in May, to add to the 2 I got in January.
My records show that all 4 of them were shipped on time. I always carry each package to the Post Office, stand in line, and watch while they log it in, so I know they were logged into the system on time, too.
The "defects" were based on "tracking indicates late delivery."
I thought "late delivery" defects couldn't happen if tracking showed the carrier accepting the shipment on time.
What gives?

Message 7 of 106
latest reply

Can you please submit a suggestion for the ability to edit the title of a MV variation?

For example, let's say it's a listing for cookie cutters and the variations are:
Lion
Tiger
Bear

But then I get more stock in a larger size so I add variations:
Lion 5"
Tiger 5"
Bear 5"

I want to be able to edit the existing variation titles to:
Lion 3"
Tiger 3"
Bear 3"

This has always driven me crazy and I'd love to change it! Not to mention how great it would be to add the MV listing option to many more categories...
Message 8 of 106
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

Tyler, is there any update to the ability to drag & drop photos with the new listing tool as discussed 3 weeks ago? Did you find out if this is an error they're fixing (timeframe?) or if they intentionally removed the feature?

Hey Copper - I haven't heard back yet on this, thanks for the bump and reminder. I'll see what I can do to get an update and then ping you what I hear!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 106
latest reply

Someone asked for examples of search issues:
search: "Star Trek" (episode 14, Galileo 7) got 28 results
search: "Star Trek" Galileo 7 got 65 results

Another thing that is happening more and more often:

a search gives, say, 101 results, but only 18 are displayed

and there's no way to go to another page, or ask for more.

Message 10 of 106
latest reply

Hello all. 

With regards to returns, I have been reading of late that for a US seller that ships internationally, and cannot provide a return shipping label to a buyer out of the US,  ebay is saying to send "cash" via PayPal.

This is sort of unbelievable.  Suppose the buyer simply keeps the cash and does not return the item? Is there any recouse for the seller should this happen? 

Thank you  in advance. 

Message 11 of 106
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

FYI sellers - next week we'll be joined by Shefali who is going to chat about Promoted Listings. 

Thanks!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 12 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@this4chris2012 wrote:

I have been selling on eBay for more than 15 years. I am TRS on two of my id’s and have two stores. I usually have a combined total of 200-300 listings running.

It’s the middle of June and the month is shaping up to be my worst ever. So far this month I have had three sales.

Like thousands of other sellers, I have experienced steadily declining sales for years. But this is unbelievable.

What’s wrong?

Hi @this4chris2012 - I'm not showing any listings on this account to provide suggestions which could help. Without that, I'm not able to provide much info on what could be happening. If you haven't already, check out this blog by Griff: http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/In-a-Slump-Griff-s-Tips-for-Stimulating-eBay-Sales/ba... for best practices which could turn things around. 

Message 13 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vrykalak wrote:

I discovered that I got 2 more "late shipment" defects in May, to add to the 2 I got in January.
My records show that all 4 of them were shipped on time. I always carry each package to the Post Office, stand in line, and watch while they log it in, so I know they were logged into the system on time, too.
The "defects" were based on "tracking indicates late delivery."
I thought "late delivery" defects couldn't happen if tracking showed the carrier accepting the shipment on time.
What gives?

This shouldn't be counting as a defect so I'll be happy to review for potential removal. Look for an email from me here shortly!

Message 14 of 106
latest reply

eBay Classifieds (separate from the Classified Ad format on eBay.com) was shut down last year. There are still several links & information on the policy pages for eBayclassifieds.com. These should be addressed. Just a couple of the pages:

Message 15 of 106
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: