cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 13th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 

Please join us for our weekly Community chat this afternoon at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 9/13. We do not have a set topic for the week, so feel free to ask us what is on your mind!

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Community Chat, Sept 13th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone!

The chat is now open so please feel free to share with Heidi and I anything that is on your mind. Additionally, in case you have missed it, take a moment to check out our post on how eBay is working to help sellers affected by the recent Hurricanes and leave any questions or comments you may have 🙂

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

So apparently there's a new validation process running that's notifying people that they have CONTACT information (address or phone numbers) in their listings. It's obviously being rolled out in stages and we get a new wave of CONFUSED and/or angry sellers that can't figure out why because they don't have addresses or phone numbers present. Calling CS results (as usual) in several varying answers, all wrong and all not helpful.

The issue is that the validation process is seeing ANY link http:// or https:// and is flagging it. But the MESSAGE in the email is WRONG and people are spending hours trying to figure out the issue. This has been reported now for several days, why hasn't the validation process been stopped until the code is fixed?

The lucky people that are able to figure out it's the URL's are still unhappy/confused because the majority of the URLs are for eBay APPROVED partners, such as InkFrog and Auctiva. The only way to get rid of the message is to remove their compliant allowed content. The unlucky people are throwing up their hands and in some cases throwing in the towel and choosing to leave the site.

We have 26 days to Oct 1st and this is obviously NOT properly implemented. Is there some way we can get this halted until eBay can properly address the issues?

If I pushed code this bad to our companies public facing website, I'd be shown the door.

Thank you.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 62
latest reply

Currently there are two versions of the Orders pages in Seller Hub, one referred to as the "old" format and one the "new" format.

The new format doesnt' have the Customize button and we can't add or remove columns like we could in the "old" format. I put a request into the comment feature and (was shocked that I) received an email back. The response boiled down to "WHY?". I did respond that we would like to be able to customize the "new" page columns just like the "old" page and the response again was "Why?".

Can we please put aside the "why?" and make the old and new orders pages equally customizable? They offer the same information, the new page in a slightly different manner, but we should be allowed to add and remove the columns that we find useful.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

Currently there are two versions of the Orders pages in Seller Hub, one referred to as the "old" format and one the "new" format.

The new format doesnt' have the Customize button and we can't add or remove columns like we could in the "old" format. I put a request into the comment feature and (was shocked that I) received an email back. The response boiled down to "WHY?". I did respond that we would like to be able to customize the "new" page columns just like the "old" page and the response again was "Why?".

Can we please put aside the "why?" and make the old and new orders pages equally customizable? They offer the same information, the new page in a slightly different manner, but we should be allowed to add and remove the columns that we find useful.

Thank you.

Hey @dtexley3, the lack of customize button is actually an error we will have fixed here in the coming weeks with planned updates. I do encourage you to reply to the email you received so our developers can fully understand your views on this; this will help us make changes to the areas you raised concerns on, but also will improve our focus on changes we make in the future!

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

I asked twice last week for a yes or no answer to this question: Do I need to close my stores to get rid of Seller Hub?

In the Sept. 6 chat, Trinton said this: “A store subscription would not be a factor in being given the ‘Opt Out’ option.”

In the Aug. 30 Seller Hub chat, sandyoutlet said this, “Only consumer sellers who do not have a store, and do not have a selling manager/selling manager pro subscription can use My eBay.”

Sandyoutlet also said, “All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay.”

So which is it? Yes? No?

I ask yet again: In order to send Seller Hub into a Black Hole somewhere and regain My eBay, a truly useful, trusted, worthwhile listing system that gives me exactly what I need and doesn’t shove my face in useless, frustrating graphs and blocks of white space containing information of absolutely no value to me whatsoever, do I need to close my stores?

It’s either yes or no.

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

So apparently there's a new validation process running that's notifying people that they have CONTACT information (address or phone numbers) in their listings. It's obviously being rolled out in stages and we get a new wave of CONFUSED and/or angry sellers that can't figure out why because they don't have addresses or phone numbers present. Calling CS results (as usual) in several varying answers, all wrong and all not helpful.

The issue is that the validation process is seeing ANY link http:// or https:// and is flagging it. But the MESSAGE in the email is WRONG and people are spending hours trying to figure out the issue. This has been reported now for several days, why hasn't the validation process been stopped until the code is fixed?

The lucky people that are able to figure out it's the URL's are still unhappy/confused because the majority of the URLs are for eBay APPROVED partners, such as InkFrog and Auctiva. The only way to get rid of the message is to remove their compliant allowed content. The unlucky people are throwing up their hands and in some cases throwing in the towel and choosing to leave the site.

We have 26 days to Oct 1st and this is obviously NOT properly implemented. Is there some way we can get this halted until eBay can properly address the issues?

If I pushed code this bad to our companies public facing website, I'd be shown the door.

Thank you.

Hi @dtexley3 - This is feedback we've heard as well and we've been partnering with the team to see what can be done to have it updated. Sellers can only have eBay approved links in their descriptions and if they're asking buyers to contact them, I'd also recommend including a clarifying statement of "by eBay Messages" as well. We'll share you comments on this post too and hopefully they'll be taken into consideration for updates.

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

Does eBay still have a seller outreach team? I'm looking for knowledgeable help with my sales, which dropped drastically at the end of July and have never recoverd. Sales are 44% below last year's levels!

Even some of my most popular and reliable items have few views and very sporadic sales. I've been adding new items regularly and refreshing older listings. I have adopted every one of ebay's "best practices" that make sense for my business. I'm TRS+.  

Something seems very wrong. Where can sellers get help?

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@this4chris2012 wrote:

I asked twice last week for a yes or no answer to this question: Do I need to close my stores to get rid of Seller Hub?

In the Sept. 6 chat, Trinton said this: “A store subscription would not be a factor in being given the ‘Opt Out’ option.”

In the Aug. 30 Seller Hub chat, sandyoutlet said this, “Only consumer sellers who do not have a store, and do not have a selling manager/selling manager pro subscription can use My eBay.”

Sandyoutlet also said, “All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay.”

So which is it? Yes? No?

I ask yet again: In order to send Seller Hub into a Black Hole somewhere and regain My eBay, a truly useful, trusted, worthwhile listing system that gives me exactly what I need and doesn’t shove my face in useless, frustrating graphs and blocks of white space containing information of absolutely no value to me whatsoever, do I need to close my stores?

It’s either yes or no.

Hi @this4chris2012 - Unfortunately, the question you're asking isn't as simple as providing a yes or no answer. We understand that this tool may have added resources that you don't need to utilize, however, it's the consolidated tool we're moving to for our sellers to use. Closing your store won't necessarily affect your ability to opt out if you've already been opted into the Seller Hub. 

I know the pages in the Hub are different from the My eBay pages you're used to but I would encourage you to give them a try. You can customize your homepage to remove information you aren't interested in seeing. We're also always open to feedback and ask that you share any you have with us through the 'Comments?' link in the top right corner of any Hub page.

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Thank you.

Hi @dtexley3 - This is feedback we've heard as well and we've been partnering with the team to see what can be done to have it updated. Sellers can only have eBay approved links in their descriptions and if they're asking buyers to contact them, I'd also recommend including a clarifying statement of "by eBay Messages" as well. We'll share you comments on this post too and hopefully they'll be taken into consideration for updates.

Please notice the main reason for the confusion, frustration, wasted time and eBay bashing is because the email gives the WRONG REASON for why the listing being flagged.  This needs to be fixed asap.

The fact that it's flagging links for eBay approved is secondary, still needs to be fixed but it's not what's causing the angst.

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Thank you.

This was discussed last week and it just isn't as simple as this.  If you send that email that many of us received to spoof@ebay.com, the message that comes back from the spoofer team is that the email is a spoof.  But it isn't a spoof.  Ebay is using a 3rd party to send out these emails apparently and the bot used to go out and capture this information is NOT functioning correctly.  Well let me restate that.  It is probably functioning correctly to its programming, but the programming is wrong.

For example, I'm getting these notification when I do NOT have ANY contact info in ANY of my listings.  But in many of them I have a link that sends buyers to my Ebay store.  The Bot is seeing an Ebay link as an outside link which is should not be doing.

With that said, I'm am in the process of editing those out of my listings because the Mobile Friendly Checker does not like them.  Until they are removed, I can't make my listings Mobile Friendly.  Not only that Mobile Friendly doesn't like anything that was copy and pasted into a listing from Excel nor does it like bullet points if I copied anything from Microsoft word.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 11 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@creativecrisis wrote:

Does eBay still have a seller outreach team? I'm looking for knowledgeable help with my sales, which dropped drastically at the end of July and have never recoverd. Sales are 44% below last year's levels!

Even some of my most popular and reliable items have few views and very sporadic sales. I've been adding new items regularly and refreshing older listings. I have adopted every one of ebay's "best practices" that make sense for my business. I'm TRS+.  

Something seems very wrong. Where can sellers get help?

Hi @creativecrisis - We would recommend contacting customer service. They'll be able to review your account in detail and look for suggestions to help increase your volume. Also, are you using the Seller Hub? If not, I would suggest opting in. There's a new Growth tab and Performance tab we've included which can give you a lot of great insight into your listings. Impressions, click-through rate, conversion rate, etc. It may provide additional guidance on how to improve your sales.

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Thank you.

Please notice the main reason for the confusion, frustration, wasted time and eBay bashing is because the email gives the WRONG REASON for why the listing being flagged.  This needs to be fixed asap.

The fact that it's flagging links for eBay approved is secondary, still needs to be fixed but it's not what's causing the angst.

Definitely understandable, @dtexley3. As mentioned, I'll send this on to see what changes we can make to help clear up any confusion.

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

Hi, are all the tools and short cuts in the new SELLER HUB here to stay or will you be eliminating some? More specifically, will the "MY EBAY ALL SELLING PAGE" tab be eliminated or staying. The removal of this page was my big fear as it is the one I am accustomed to viewing and working from. I was very happy to see I could still click on it through SELLER HUB and go back to my familiar and EASY Page to work from. EVERYTHING I need is on this page. thanks for your response.

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

Hi all.  I think we covered the shipping to and form issues in regards to the hurricane areas fairly well now. 

However I still have several OP's who I do not know how to answer in regards to returns.  They have returns going into the areas affected but are being told they stiill need to stick to the time line for the return shipping period.  Other than sharing the    hurricanerelief@ebay.com   is there anything else I should be telling them?  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 15 of 62
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: