cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 30th @ 1pm PT - Seller Hub

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Do you have any questions regarding Seller Hub? Join this chat with eBay experts to have your questions answered. 

Chat with you then! slight smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

My account is currently set to the "Old Version" of Seller Hub (or the Orders Page).  I would like to opt back in to the new version, please.  

Why would eBay put a link to allow users to switch to the old version, but not have a link to go to the new version on the page? 

@sandyoutlet

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 31 of 97
latest reply

Will Seller Hub data remain as it is, but just with format and ux improvements?

Do you plan on adding any other features?

Marsha Collier
author, For Dummies series on eBay
Message 32 of 97
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

I recently took advantage of the Promoted Listings and noticed that my items went lower in the search results and usually never even showed as sponsered or promoted. During the promotion my items views actually went down. When the promoted period was over the items went even lower in search results. I asked this about 2 months ago and was told that you would contact me and no one ever did. Is there a bug still in the system or is that normal?

Hi @selsa84

This chat is on the topic of Seller Hub. I am not aware of a bug with Promoted Listings. We will look into it and get back to you. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 33 of 97
latest reply

If I try to customize SH so it will have things I really need and used to have instead of useless market graphs and no way to easily find solds, Back to Basics, and unsolds I get messages like put in the URL or Link Text.

What is link text? Where is it? What is the URL? How am I supposed to find these things and successfully use them to customize my ebay page?

Message 34 of 97
latest reply

YES! YES! YES!  Please get me back into the updated version.  We sell mostly customized items, and seeing buyer messages easily is time saving.  Additionally, is there a way we can get these messages to print on the invoice too?

Message 35 of 97
latest reply

Curious after sending an invoice to a buyer that has not paid for an item yet, why does the link that states take me back to My eBay take you to an older version of sales history, the layout is totally different that what is offereed in seller hub sales. why is there two versions of sales history running ?

Just noticed this:
The My eBay landing page is set to Selling Manager Summary above the seller manager summery.
Now it only does this after sending an invoice that i have noticed however ever time we click on my eBay it takes us to seller hub
Message 36 of 97
latest reply

I LOVE the "My Selling Manager Pro Summary" page and wish to God that you aren't going to take that away from me. I've tried "Seller Hub" and it is way worse for what I want it to be: a "one stop shopping" place where I can look at my store from a glance, see how much I've sold, how many items need shipped, paid for,  how many auctions have bids and what the bids are at, etc.  The current tools are GREAT! Why are you getting rid of them?

The "Seller Hub" page looks like a smartphone app. I know your bosses probably told you to go make something "smartphone friendly" with "flat design" etc etc and I know you've probably sunk a lot of money into this but we EBAY SELLERS LIST ON DESKTOP COMPUTERS, not smartphones! Please tell them that and let us move on with our dinosaur lives running our fulltime business with antique desktop computers, not new fangled smartphone apps. My business is too valuable to be run with such clunky gimmicky software. Please give us the option to keep using My Selling Manager Pro.

Message 37 of 97
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@marsha_c wrote:

Will all new sellers be opted in to Seller Hub?

Is it only for store owners?

Will Seller Hub come with any extra benefits?

All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay. 

Seller Hub has a lot of new benefits. It has restocking guidance, pricing guidance, inventory guidance, traffic/conversion data, and more. We've also added new features to the Orders tab. 

Can you explain how you are determining who is a business seller and who is a consumer seller? I was dumped into Seller Hub last week and I'm certainly not a business seller and I don't have a store. I found much of the things in Seller Hub were just nothing I would ever use such as Performance tab, Growth tab and Marketing tab yet I saw no way to get rid of them to try to pare down the screens so I could reduce the scrolling side to side and help with the load time since I'm on a really slow DSL connection.

Business sellers are determined by their registration status or a specific number of sales. Seller Hub is also for sellers who have a store or were previously using Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. Consumer sellers would be those who have smaller sales, not registered as a business, or not subscribed to a store, selling manager, or selling manager pro. Thanks. 

Message 38 of 97
latest reply

I was dumped into Seller Hub yesterday (this ID) and I absolutely hate it!!!!! I need All Selling to show all relative segments on a single screen, arranged to my personal preference.  It's a blinkety-bleep nuisance to click each section separately and wait for the screen to reload!  I need to refer to all sections with a simple, smooth scroll in order to make selling decisions quickly and easily. I also need the Unsold section to include access to the bulk editor to relist or edit listings and schedule them for future launch.  Right now, the only option is to DELETE -- which obviously I do not need or want.  I keep Unsold listings intact for the full 60 days so that I can use them as templates and/or select various versions.  For example, I may have tried auction-style vs. fixed-price, with and without BIN, different shipping options or price variations. I also need sidebar links to Promotional Offers and Announcements.  These segments also should be added to the Active Selling screen if we are stuck with separate screens. Also, the link to switch back to the Classic View is broken.  It leads to a dead-end survey and does not provide an option to continue. Bottom line:  Seller Hub is a disastrous, useless mess as it now stands!  I have changed my landing page to Active Selling to avoid the AWFUL, IN-YOUR-FACE Overview screen -- but doing so merely controls my blood pressure and does not solve the issues I have addressed here.   Basically -- Seller Hub STINKS!!!!! ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 39 of 97
latest reply

Alan do you know where in the sellers hub does a sold item have the ship by date?

Message 40 of 97
latest reply

@mendelsons wrote:

Curious after sending an invoice to a buyer that has not paid for an item yet, why does the link that states take me back to My eBay take you to an older version of sales history, the layout is totally different that what is offereed in seller hub sales.  why is there two versions of sales history running ?

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, we'll take a look at the link.

Message 41 of 97
latest reply

@tuanh.d wrote:

@grilled wrote:

@tuanh.d wrote:

@grilled wrote:

I ran into an issue on Seller Hub and clicked the link to revert to the "old version." 

Is there a place to toggle back to the new version?

If you're in Selling Manager, there's a link on the main pages to "Switch to Seller Hub".  If you're not in Selling Manager, then you can go to this link and opt-in, http://www.ebay.com/sellerhub.

I don't know what Selling Manager is.
On one of my eBay accounts I am in Seller Hub (the link you provided) and it is the old version because I had clicked "Switch back to the old version of this page."

Looks like you're referring to the Orders page.  After this chat session, we can opt your account back in.

Thanks. I'm already on the new version of the Orders page on this account so no change is needed.

Message 42 of 97
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@marsha_c wrote:

Will all new sellers be opted in to Seller Hub?

Is it only for store owners?

Will Seller Hub come with any extra benefits?

All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay. 

Seller Hub has a lot of new benefits. It has restocking guidance, pricing guidance, inventory guidance, traffic/conversion data, and more. We've also added new features to the Orders tab. 

Curious, are there differences in the features of Seller Hub for business users vs store owners?  Just asking as that might help explain discussions where different people see different things.

For those of us that sell collectibles and OOAK items the restocking, pricing and inventory guidance are next to useless.

For the last several days there appear to be severe time lags in the traffic/conversion data and sales data.  There's been at least 2 threads that I know of on this.

Thanks for your comment. The only difference between store sellers and non-store sellers comes in the marketing tab. If you're a store seller, you will have Promotions and Promoted Listings available to you. All of the guidance tab is the same for all sellers. 

Thanks for the note on the performance tab. I will connect with the product manager to make sure that is cleared up. 

Message 43 of 97
latest reply

@mendelsons wrote:

Curious after sending an invoice to a buyer that has not paid for an item yet, why does the link that states take me back to My eBay take you to an older version of sales history, the layout is totally different that what is offereed in seller hub sales.  why is there two versions of sales history running ?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We'll take a look at the link.

Message 44 of 97
latest reply

@trimix wrote:

If you go to Sellers Hub>listings>sales and search by store catagory in the old format we would get totals now all we get is what the sales are with no dollar total and amount sold. Can they fix that too!

Store category totals are being proposed for our updates next year! 

Message 45 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: