cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 30th @ 1pm PT - Seller Hub

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Do you have any questions regarding Seller Hub? Join this chat with eBay experts to have your questions answered. 

Chat with you then! slight smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Hi!  We had an enhanced seller hub update about a month ago, then after 2 weeks this dissappeared to the older seller hub version.  The update had some great enhancements to it such as new shipping update status on the overview page, and the ability to see buyer messages without drilling down into the item number on the sold ship now page. 

Is there a way to get this update back? 

Message 16 of 97
latest reply

@magsmg101 wrote:

Hello Alan and thank you for this chat,

I started using the hub about a year ago and the learning curve has been steep.

It is not intuitive, and requires a lot of clicking or extra tabs to get the job (listing) done.

The 4:30 min video was ok, it really did not go far enough (in my opinion)

i.e. the presenter pointed to the “customize” link but did not show or explain each function.

Is there any way we can resize the blocks? If not, may I put that out as a suggestion.

Also I managed to revert to the old view of the hub. How do I get the new one back?( the one that shows delivered under the actions column)

Thank you

Thanks for your comment. There is no way to resize the blocks. You can only remove them at this point. We are working on making the overview page more intuitive over the upcoming months. 

We can opt you back into the new version of Orders. We'll do it for you after this chat session. Thanks!

Message 17 of 97
latest reply

@trimix wrote:

Do you think we may get back Store Catagory Totals on sales. I sell in multiple catagorys and i am not able to get dollar amount of total sales for 90 days.

Thanks for the feedback.  We'll take the feature into consideration for a future release.  

Message 18 of 97
latest reply

I recently took advantage of the Promoted Listings and noticed that my items went lower in the search results and usually never even showed as sponsered or promoted. During the promotion my items views actually went down. When the promoted period was over the items went even lower in search results. I asked this about 2 months ago and was told that you would contact me and no one ever did. Is there a bug still in the system or is that normal?

Message 19 of 97
latest reply

@jk_vinyl_and_wood wrote:

Hi!  We had an enhanced seller hub update about a month ago, then after 2 weeks this dissappeared to the older seller hub version.  The update had some great enhancements to it such as new shipping update status on the overview page, and the ability to see buyer messages without drilling down into the item number on the sold ship now page. 

Is there a way to get this update back? 

Just let me know if you would like to get the view back and we'll opt you back in. Thanks! 

Message 20 of 97
latest reply

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@marsha_c wrote:

Will all new sellers be opted in to Seller Hub?

Is it only for store owners?

Will Seller Hub come with any extra benefits?

All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay. 

Seller Hub has a lot of new benefits. It has restocking guidance, pricing guidance, inventory guidance, traffic/conversion data, and more. We've also added new features to the Orders tab. 

Can you explain how you are determining who is a business seller and who is a consumer seller? I was dumped into Seller Hub last week and I'm certainly not a business seller and I don't have a store. I found much of the things in Seller Hub were just nothing I would ever use such as Performance tab, Growth tab and Marketing tab yet I saw no way to get rid of them to try to pare down the screens so I could reduce the scrolling side to side and help with the load time since I'm on a really slow DSL connection.

Message 21 of 97
latest reply

Thank you
Marsha Collier
author, For Dummies series on eBay
Message 22 of 97
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@tuanh.d wrote:

@grilled wrote:

In the "New Version" of Seller Hub when I leave bulk feedback there is no confirmation message that says that feedback is in the process of being sent.
Why is that feature not part of the new version?

There shouldn't have been any changes to the bulk feedback flow.  We will look into why the confirmation message isn't appearing. 

I've been in other discussion threads regarding the presence and absense of the message.   From our side it's pretty random whether or not it shows.

I see the performance of the message as this:

It never appears in the New verison.

It always appears in the Old verison.

Message 23 of 97
latest reply

@grilled wrote:

@tuanh.d wrote:

@grilled wrote:

I ran into an issue on Seller Hub and clicked the link to revert to the "old version." 

Is there a place to toggle back to the new version?

If you're in Selling Manager, there's a link on the main pages to "Switch to Seller Hub".  If you're not in Selling Manager, then you can go to this link and opt-in, http://www.ebay.com/sellerhub.

I don't know what Selling Manager is.
On one of my eBay accounts I am in Seller Hub (the link you provided) and it is the old version because I had clicked "Switch back to the old version of this page."

Looks like you're referring to the Orders page.  After this chat session, we can opt your account back in.

Message 24 of 97
latest reply

@sandyoutlet wrote:

@marsha_c wrote:

Will all new sellers be opted in to Seller Hub?

Is it only for store owners?

Will Seller Hub come with any extra benefits?

All new business sellers will be opted in to Seller Hub. It is the tool for business sellers and store owners. Consumer sellers will still use My eBay. 

Seller Hub has a lot of new benefits. It has restocking guidance, pricing guidance, inventory guidance, traffic/conversion data, and more. We've also added new features to the Orders tab. 

Curious, are there differences in the features of Seller Hub for business users vs store owners?  Just asking as that might help explain discussions where different people see different things.

For those of us that sell collectibles and OOAK items the restocking, pricing and inventory guidance are next to useless.

For the last several days there appear to be severe time lags in the traffic/conversion data and sales data.  There's been at least 2 threads that I know of on this.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 25 of 97
latest reply

@sokpop wrote:

Now that I've been shoved into SH, I find that the Mobile Friendly Checker does not work with SH. All I see is the screen shot below. The wheel in the center spins, spins, spins, spins and never loads. Does this mean that forcing sellers to use SH is more important than making sure items are viewable on mobile devices? Does it mean that despite eBay's admonishments to make items mobile friendly, it really doesn't matter at all?

Capture.PNG

This is an issue impacting sellers inside and out of Seller Hub. We're working on a fix for it. Thanks for your patience. Mobile is extremely important to eBay, so we'll push for a fix as soon as possible. Thanks! 

Message 26 of 97
latest reply

Curious after sending an invoice to a buyer that has not paid for an item yet, why does the link that states take me back to My eBay take you to an older version of sales history, the layout is totally different that what is offereed in seller hub sales.  why is there two versions of sales history running ?

Message 27 of 97
latest reply

If you go to Sellers Hub>listings>sales and search by store catagory in the old format we would get totals now all we get is what the sales are with no dollar total and amount sold. Can they fix that too!

Message 28 of 97
latest reply

Thank you for opting me back in.

The reason for resizing is that (for me)

some blocks have a fair amount of white space that is not needed.

Message 29 of 97
latest reply

Problem with new Promotions interface.

When you ebay started to farce everybody in Seller Hub interface they changed Promoted Listings interface (nothing bad) and Promotions interface, which is really bad.

I understand that people do not like changes, I don't like too. But this is not about just interface. You took our important functionality. I need to be able to have $1 or $2 off from like every $20 customer spend in our store. It wasn't a problem until you took our old interface. Some programmer would like to make life easy and they started from $5 off without any ability to put anything smaller. It was an option "OTHER", which were giving us that option. Now, $5 is the smallest possible.Old InterfaceOld InterfaceNew InterfaceNew Interface

After more than month and few calls to Dedicated Support I almost loose my hope anybody even care about small seller problem. Is there any possibility you will be able to let those programmers know about our situation  so they will be able to make that small change for them but crucial change for us?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Message 30 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: