cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 16th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join us here for our weekly Community chat at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 8/16. There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions. 

Speak with you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to today's chat! The thread is now open grinning There's not a set topic for the day so let us know what's on your mind!

Message 2 of 67
latest reply

How long will it take for Guaranteed Delivery to be rolled out to all ebay sellers who qualify?

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

The Unsold page on the classic myEbay site changed (yesterday, I think) . There are (at least) two problems: 1. You can't relist multiple items - you must relist one item at a time. 2. You can no longer sort by price. (If I had a lot to relist and check, I often sort by price and relist the highest value items first.) What has been added to the page is listing advice (fixed price vs auction, etc.) - if I followed that advice, I'd be selling a lot less. I feel sorry for new sellers who do follow it.

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

What is an 'Ebay Collective dealer'?

Is this sponsered by ebay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rjrkea wrote:

How long will it take for Guaranteed Delivery to be rolled out to all ebay sellers who qualify?

Thanks for joining, @rjrkea! The current plan is to continue adding sellers in batches over the coming weeks and we aim to have all sellers in 2018. slight_smile

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

Why is this embarassing 'See full description' button still showing on regular web pages?

Not shocked there isn't a 'tell us what you think' link - otherwise your cup would runneth over.

I received the invite and registered for the Guaranteed Delivery Program last week.  This week, I've listed several Buy It Now items.  How will buyers be able to know that these listings are part of the Guaranteed Delivery Program?  I am unable to see anywhere on the listing any mention of this.  Thanks.  

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

I sell tote bags and handbags.  I always give measurements but I can't predict what buyer's "think" when they purchase and often gets returns because it is "too small" or "too big"  Which of course, I have no control over when I give the measurements. 

I found the following link/photo on the ebay site.  I was wondering if it is ok to use it in my listings?  Will my listing be in some kind of trademark violation if I use it?

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/handbagguide.html

And how can I use it to be compliant with ebay's link policy... active content policy etc?

I'd like to use it as a photo and a link.  Is it possible? 

(of course, I would still be hoping the buyer would read and understand)imgHandbagSizes.gif

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carolynnq wrote:

The Unsold page on the classic myEbay site changed (yesterday, I think) . There are (at least) two problems: 1. You can't relist multiple items - you must relist one item at a time. 2. You can no longer sort by price. (If I had a lot to relist and check, I often sort by price and relist the highest value items first.) What has been added to the page is listing advice (fixed price vs auction, etc.) - if I followed that advice, I'd be selling a lot less. I feel sorry for new sellers who do follow it.

It looks like you have a store which comes with a Selling Manager subscription. If you go to your Selling Manager page, you will be able to relist in bulk by selecting the items you wish to relist. You can also sort by item price from this page. Additionally, you can use the "Tell us what you think" link in the upper right corner of the page to give us feedback on any changes you have seen recently so we can review for future enhancements.

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

What is an 'Ebay Collective dealer'?

Is this sponsered by ebay?

Hi @d-k_treasures - similar to the 'curated collections' from several years ago, eBay Collective is a network of high end furniture, fine arts and antiques dealers that offer their items for people looking for unique styles and items. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 67
latest reply

The Fall Update should be coming up. Any word of when and what, that you are allowed to mention?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 12 of 67
latest reply

The Seller Hub discussion group is overflowing with repeated threads about how do I get out of seller hub.  Could we please have one pinned thread for all the complaints and the rest be locked as soon as possible?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Why is this embarassing 'See full description' button still showing on regular web pages?

Not shocked there isn't a 'tell us what you think' link - otherwise your cup would runneth over.

Hi @d-k_treasures - It looks like tyler@ebay provided an answer in last week's chat regarding this. Please visit: http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Aug-9th-1pm-PT-General-Topic... for more info.

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

Many of the pages that the seller hub links to have no link to go back to Seller hub.  You have to either use the back button (not always advisable) or click on the eBay logo and then menu your way back to where you were.  All the sub pages should have a link to go back to at least the parent page if not to the seller hub overview.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 67
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: