cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the deal with oniss watches?

wthames
Enthusiast
The ad claims the oniss "submariner" retails for $1995 but there is no reserve and It sold for $129. Are these fakes or are they misrepresented? If so do they have any value? I can find only scarce info on the web. Please help.
Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

rp13245
Scout
Unbelievable! You bid on the watch, you won the watch and NOW you're trying to decide whether to complete the purchase? Wrong order, chum. This will make (at least) the 2nd item that you've been a non-payer on. You're getting off to a really bad start on eBay. I sympathize with the seller, "finewatchusa" in this case. Winning an auction is a binding committment on your part. Learn to take it seriously.

Do your research and make your mind up BEFORE you bid or you're not going to be welcomed by very many sellers. I just placed you on my blocked bidders list and I can bet dozens of other sellers reading this post are doing the same thing.

Greg
Message 2 of 74
latest reply

wthames
Enthusiast
I AM paying for the watch. I bid on it before I did enough homework, OBVIOUSLY my mistake, not the sellers. I was simply looking for information on the company and an idea of what the watch's actual value is.
Message 3 of 74
latest reply

ray846
Enthusiast
As with all things you get what you pay for. Be skeptical about posted "retail" values. Unless they can be verified elsewhere (at reputable web sites or brick and mortar stores) they are just a figment of the sellers imagination. If you look at what Oniss watches are actually selling for you can see that they are "worth" what you paid, and the seller made a satisfactory profit on the transaction. Caveat emptor.
Message 4 of 74
latest reply

aliciaepiq
Enthusiast
So what is Oniss? Who manufactures them? Why can't I find any corporate info. Does anyone know?
Message 5 of 74
latest reply

rp13245
Scout
http://onisswatches.com/
Message 6 of 74
latest reply

redkytti123
Enthusiast
wthames, i had the same questions as you, but i am pleased with the oniss i received. visit their website, onisswatches.com for pricing info. (yes, there is a website.)
Message 7 of 74
latest reply

jws2007
Enthusiast
Oniss watches info update:
http://www.nisimovwatch.com

This is the company behind the "Oniss Paris watch", Nisimov Watch Co., Inc., use the link provided for additional information. I have purchased (5) models with great satisfaction; several men’s and ladies. These are high end quality designed watches, complementing any owner, a company that stands behind what they sell. They are now turning up in local jewelry stores in Western, New York, after several dealers have been introduced to them while visiting California area last year.
I have a small collection, less than 100 pieces, placing them in the top (10) percent. Remember, you are the final judge to what a watch is valued. Do your homework, enjoy the experience and the outcome can be rewarding as you purchase your first watch or an additional watch to your own collection. There are thousands of watch makers, designers and companies selling quality watches in the market today.
We live in an extraordinary time, when high end watches are now affordable to the average consumer. “Horology” is now exciting, better then ever, do research, learn the history and concepts, then you’ll truly understand what really makes one want to own a piece of history, past, present and future, enjoy!
J. Secor;-)
Message 8 of 74
latest reply

kevkno
Enthusiast
I don't know anythng about the actual watch company but the Oniss watch I bought off Ebay is great. What caught my attention was the so-called "scratch proof" bracelet. I researched the Rado "scratch proof" and wondered if Oniss could compare.

I orderded one for just under $100.00 and was surprised to see a very nice wooden box and when I opened the box I was amazed at how brilliant the watch shined. The bracelet and crystal have a very good finish. OK, that's cool but what about the "scratch proof" claim?

Well I took the watch to work and got out some hand tools and commenced to digging into one of the bracelet links. I used some small files but they didn't leave a mark in the link. I pulled out this really hardened file with a good point on the end and really dug into the link. I must say I was impressed. Though I was able to leave some scratch marks, they are so fine you can't see them unless you have the exact light angle on it and I would have to tell you which link to look at.

Seems to me under normal wear the watch would probably be "scratch proof". I would call it "highly scratch resistant" and that's OK, especially for a watch that was under 100 bucks and is beautiful.
Message 9 of 74
latest reply

wthames
Enthusiast
Ok, so people generaly feel good about their purchases (self included), but what still throws me is Onis' gimmicks, like putting Paris in the logo when as far as I can tell they have nothing to do with France, and putting rediculous inacurate retail values in their advertising. These marketing techniques seem almost unethical. It seems like they offer a quality product at a good price, it's just a shame they resort to these antics.
Message 10 of 74
latest reply

jws2007
Enthusiast
From what I have learned "Oniss Paris" never refers to be a Paris company or location, it simply their name for their product line. Go to the site mention above, read the company history, do some more research. I have purchased over 15 of these beautiful time pieces. They are now showing up in local Jewelry stores in Western New York. Price are a guide line to watches with comparable brands with the same craftsmanship, components etc. It might list $1995, but 9 out of 10 times you'll find these beauties under $200.00 in avenues like eBay, and other auctions sites there even popping up on ShopNBC sites. The word has gotten out; these watches are fantastic values for the money. This is solely my opinion but after making a few purchases, asking for parts – extra links, the company provided and responded a manner other well know companies have done in the past for me. I hope this helps.
Message 11 of 74
latest reply

marholweb
Enthusiast
I also perchased an oniss from finewatch, and I am extremely happy with it, I loved the look , the weight and the feel. I took it to my jeweler, who sells movado, and he was impressed with the watch as well.

Mark
Message 12 of 74
latest reply

w2njs
Enthusiast
The current Oniss listings on eBay are interesting in that so many of them also refer to "Rado" or "Rado Style." To me it's clear that Oniss is imitating, and to an extent trading on the name of, Rado.
Message 13 of 74
latest reply

rcaruso10
Enthusiast
I bought the oniss submariner six months ago on ebay, I love it. It is a great watch. It can really take a beating, and not miss a beat. I paid $180 plus $20 for shipping, worth every penny. It is very heavy, good luck
Message 14 of 74
latest reply

cinziarose
Enthusiast
I bought 1 of these..took it to a reputable watch/clock store where the lady removed some links for me...she , without proding, made several statements what a very good watch this was. I told her I never heard of this watch before, she said, here in the States it is not too well known yet, but in Europe it is known.
I liked my watch, before this encounter, but I left really feeling good about my purchase.
If you have bought 1 of these, try a reputable watch /clock store, where they KNOW what their business.
Thank you,
Cinzia
Message 15 of 74
latest reply