cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the deal with oniss watches?

wthames
Enthusiast
The ad claims the oniss "submariner" retails for $1995 but there is no reserve and It sold for $129. Are these fakes or are they misrepresented? If so do they have any value? I can find only scarce info on the web. Please help.
Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: what is the deal with oniss watches?

SAhould be Onanist, not Oniss, Watches

=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 61 of 74
latest reply

BEWARE!!!  This is NOT a legitimate web site for Oniss watches.  It REDIRECTS to: http://www1.onisswatches.com/.  It's just someone's site where they're advertising a bunch of related sites that they get click through income from.  It's possible that the eBayer who posted the link is the same one who set up the site and is now driving traffinc to it.  Waste of time and making someone else rich while you don't get the info you're looking for.  BEWARE!!!

Message 62 of 74
latest reply

Forget it -- my first post and eBay doesn't even run the thread right -- the intention was to "Reply" to a specific post on pg 1 giving a link for info on these watches because someone said they can't find corporate info.  Well that link DOESN'T get oit for you.  I'll never waste my time with these stupid discussions again either! 😞

Message 63 of 74
latest reply

I own 2 and am very happily suprised by the great quality.  Both watches are well made, and feel heavy.  I just love the ceramic watchband.  I will not be selling mine, so I guess the retail value isn't all that important.

Message 64 of 74
latest reply

This thread is six years old..

Why resurrect it?

Message 65 of 74
latest reply

My mistake, it's SEVEN years old   lol !!!

Message 66 of 74
latest reply

I HAVE LEARNED TO HATE THESE WATCHES SIMPLY BECAUSE THIS THREAD KEEPS COMING UP EVERY FEW YEARS!

Message 67 of 74
latest reply

Tungsten is a good material very hard ,and because of Gold Prices being so high everyone is On the rave about it

Anyway BMW's Suck , I like my Ruf CTR3.

But non the less as an avid Watch Collector , I value Watches based on looks Quality  and Originality

Despite having Movado's , zenith  Gevene , to name a few I enjoy my  Accutron by Bulova the best , the Bulova might not be the most expensive watch I have  but it don't Change the fact I love their style , personally I think they are way under priced.

The Oniss Love the look , I decided to buy one , because I love the look and the fact they have features such as Sapphire Crystal and Tungsten band and Case , personally I don't think They Remotely Resemble a Rado ( have a rado in my collection ) .

When I receive my Oniss I will have my Jeweler look at it and tell me  what he would sell it for based on the quality  not the name 

Fact the band and Casing  is made From Tungsten and has a Sapphire Crystal  , with swiss movement tells me it should be a quality  watch

If the watch is not up to my standards then I will simply return it and Buy something that is .

I will post my assessment here , as an avid collector.

Message 68 of 74
latest reply

Like I said when I have received the watch I would give an honest review

Its been a while since I responded after Receiving the watch , I wait this long intentionally

As I want to insure a fair and accurate review

Here is my assessment 

Its a very good watch Keeps time and like the Accutron By Bulova it was well under priced .

The watch I received came in a nice Cherry wood Box , The watch its self is very beautiful , has great  quality and styling  , It has a good weight to it , parts are 100% Swiss.

I would recommend these watches to anyone interested in buying one its a worthy investment , and as these watches become more popular in North America , I am sure the value will only go up .

Message 69 of 74
latest reply

Could someone pls explain to me about the Oniss watch....I bought one; however, when the stem is all the way in, the watch will not run   😞   when the stem is in the "middle position", it WILL run...and the "furthest position" is where u can set the time...is this correct???...or is something wrong w/my watch?

Message 70 of 74
latest reply

Hi Maur1117,

let me be clear with this so I will not misunderstand your question.

When the stem (crown) is in, the watch does not run.
when you pull on the stem (crown) to the middle position, the watch runs.
And when you pull on the stem (crown) to the furthest position, you are able to set the time. Correct?

Is the Oniss an 'automatic' or 'manual wind' watch?

if so, you would need to wind the stem (crown) when the it is all the way in.
Rotate it clockwise to wind the watch.
Let me know if this helps.
Message 71 of 74
latest reply

It's simple, it costs lots of money to produce a watch or anything else privately. When you realize that something is produce on a massive scale, (i.e. hundreds of models), then no matter what it says, you already know where it's being made. People there are no great unbelievable deals on the internet, just sales. You get what you pay for only when you do your research. Otherwise you generally spend too much. Very few companies want's to give awat their products for cheap.

Message 72 of 74
latest reply

In answer to your ?, we have been selling  ONISS watches since 2000. They are NOT fakes, at least ours are not, as purchased either from the company directly or a re-seller. We don't deal in fakes, nor were we ever approached with a fake. We could be mistaken, but we thought always that fakes are on big big name label watches.But we don't know, anything is possible, perhaps.  We can speak only for us. The manufacturer Oniss is in downtown L.A., and we went there in person one time & met him & saw all the inventory, as we like to be diligent when buying merchandise. He carries a few brands of watches, all stunning. Think we may have some more of his other brands in our storage, which we are now opening slowly (we relocated). The owner,Mr. Nisimov was there, & he was personable, but busy. The ONISS watches are stunning & appealing, both men's & womens, in our opinion. Frankly, we sold not the one you mentioned , but others for $280-500 per watch, when we owned our brick n mortar store in Beverly Hills. They sold like crazy..very popular. In all those 5 years, NOT ONE return. Since have sold one several months ago on eBay. Not a return, not a ?, not a problem. Personally, we think they are visually outstanding, or would never have bought them for our BH store, as our buyers were PICKY, pampered types of customers, in a world  class shopping center. All we ever heard from any of the buyers was what great time the watches kept (Swiss Movements on ones we sold) & these were customers who were very affluent, & had other big designer name brand watches they wore...& they bought these from us, as most of them had watch "collections" & thought they were a 'deal'. Now that we sell them on eBay & don't have store overhead, we lowered our  prices to barely above our cost, as trying to keep merchandise moving & selling & not becoming stale, & we think we are offering "deals". So if our prices seem low, they are, but only because our overhead is less without brick n mortar rents. In our relocation careless movers trashed many of the Oniss boxes (they are wood-& do chip easily), & we are selling some with boxes, some without boxes, but all watcheshave their original tags (it'sburgundy, like a wax seal). We were so upset when they damaged the boxes & many other things we shipped, as the boxes are quite attractive, but that happens when "moving".Can't speak for other sellers on here. Don't know if they deal in fakes, as it is illegal, only know that we don't, and we HEART  these watches. Re your submariner one, we didn't stock that model, so can't comment on it.

Don't know if our comments help you in any way, but hope so.  We just happen to be on the board noodling around and saw your ? so thought we would take the time to reply.   best thing to do is ask the seller ?'s via eBay messages re his listing, check out seller's feedback track history, let seller explain pricing to you.. And share your apprehension with the seller. Assume only that sellers will be proactive. We welcome communication with our buyers at all times.. Good luck with the purchase of your new watch and enjoy all the "deals" on eBay... best, pauli & chacha (in spirit)

Message 73 of 74
latest reply

I agree.  Don't bid on anything if you haven't done your research and if you aren't prepared to buy. 

I've sold two orders on eBay where each buyer wants to ask question AFTER it closes. eBay Flakes! 

By the way, my wife LOVES her Oniss.  What do you expect for the money?  

Message 74 of 74
latest reply