cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please some1?...any1? Citizen Eco drive duo...with pics now...

sunso1_2008
Enthusiast

ok...so here are pics of what I am looking for...Citizen Eco drive Duo...1999 pieces made in 1999...seems to be rare...can't find one to buy...ANYWHERE....found some old posts from like 2007/2008 on some watch addict forums with ppl trying to find them...one guy saying he had one...that was in 2009....I have searched...and searched....u get the idea....the only watch made using 2 sources of power...solar and mechanical...any ideas as to where I can get one and what the probable worth will be?....HELP......P L E A S E!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Let's see...

1999 watches produced, each costing over $1,000.00 retail, and all made in 1999.

If none have sold recently, then there is no way to set a price or even guess on what an owner would take for the watch, that is, if they were entertaining the idea of selling it.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

sunso1_2008
Enthusiast

Thanks for taking the time to read my post...and by you mentioning the retail price...I think you have done some research as well...Thanks again!

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

From the internet:

Hybrid Eco-Drive movements:

Automatic quartz powered watch, the Citizen Promaster Eco-Duo Drive (released in December 1998). Novel to this watch was the use of both mechanical power as well as a solar cell to power the elect...

short story - bad idea - now hard to find because no one bought them. 

Life has become immeasurably better since I have chosen to stop taking it seriously.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

sunso1_2008
Enthusiast

Thanks dgalaxie for taking the time to share...I have read all of that as I have been looking for one of these for a long time...I know Citizens may not be very collectible...but I want one...and based on all I have read and researched...if I do find one...working...it's going to be expensive...Thanks again!

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I've got a Duo Drive... not quite the same model as your looking for although the face is almost identical.

The rotor doesn't turn anymore and I cant find anyone that knows anything about them to get it fixed.

It keeps perfect time running on the solar in fact I didn't even notice the rotor wasn't turning until recently!

My good wife has told me I have to cull some watches so I may be tempted to let this one go if you think you might be able to resurrect the rotor system. Don't know what to ask for it but make me an offer. if you send me your email address I will send you some pics.

Kind Regards

Chris, Melbourne Australia.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Hi. I have a couple of different ones of these including the titanium one in your picture. I have over 2000 watches and rate it as absolutely awesome. I guy that bagged them has obviously never seen one let alone owned one. They were never sold new in Australia. They were developed for climates where the solar cells were constantly covered by sleeves and I would suggest that none are available because anyone who has one is keeping it. Cheers Phil

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I have the exact watch that you show in your photos.  It works (I use it regularly). HOWEVER, it seems that the solar part of the watch stopped working, or the battery needs to be replaced, because if I let it sit for an extended period of time, it stops.  If I shake it (for the motion winding), it starts right up and keeps perfect time.   I'd consider selling it, for the right price, of course.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Hi.it needs a new capacitor, cost around $60. Cheers Phil

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

HI MY NAME IS COLIN AND I HAVE 9 ECO-DUOS AND 2 MORE ON THERE WAY IS THERE ANY WAY OF FINDING OUT HOW MANY DIFFERENT MODELS WERE MADE AND WHAT ALL THE MODELS WERE, IKNOW 1999 WERE MADE,THANK YOU VERY MUCH,COLIN

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

HI IF YOU STILL HAVE THE BROKEN ROTOR MODEL I MAY BE INTERESTED THANKS,COLIN

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

HI I HAVE A LOVELY SILVER FACED ONE THE SAME BUT UNFORTUNATLEY HAS NO BRACELET BUT DOES HAVE A LOVELY LEATHER STRAP THAT LOOKS SUPERB IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED,COLIN   CDBDMW@HOTMAIL.COM

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

tenho um relogio desse pra vender.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

One on eBay now.

eBay item number:122269450887

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

would you be willing to sell one? hubs is wanting a VERY SPECIFIC type of watch... Automatic preferably (or this duo kind), analog (only digital if there's automatic charge), 200m water resistant, compass, thermometer.... everything else is just bonus. but that's what he wants.. i'm been researching for 5+ hours everyday now for at least a solid week.... ugh. i'm going cross eyed! hahah! anyways... would you be willing to sell on of your duo kinds? or a watch that meets all of what i said^^^?
-rose
Message 15 of 21
latest reply