cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michele Watch How can you tell if its fake or real

Can anyone out there give me a specific way to tell a real from a fake. I have tried searching the Web and still don't know maybe I am dumb,.One person said a true Michele Watch has the Crown over the M. This of course has M over a W, I have looked on actual Michele watch page and they have same thing M over a W, so how do you tell? any help Vigorously Appreciated. I got this at a Church Rummage Sale. and most things donated to those sales is from congregation, and sometimes there oblivious to value of items.and I don't mean that in bad way.

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Michele Watch How can you tell if its fake or real

No one would bother to fake it.

" You can't lose the item and the money, you never own both.”.
Message 16 of 62
latest reply

@aristotles_id wrote:

No one would bother to fake it.

I think this is where we came in. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 62
latest reply

I just purchased a fake MICHELE watch from eBay that was falsely advertised as a "Genuine 100% Authentic MICHELE watch." However, as I looked on the back of the watch, the copyright logo was missing! There should be a small two letter copyright logo which reads "CE" beneath "SWISS MOVEMENT" on the bottom back part of the watch. I attached a photo of a genuine authentic MICHELE watch. These people selling fakes are criminals!!! I hope eBay does something about this, as I did report this. 

Message 18 of 62
latest reply

It is not a copyright thing.

http://www.ce-marking.org/what-is-ce-marking.html

If it is not there it could just mean the watch is intended for the world's non European markets.

You'd need more evidence to show it was a fake. 

Message 19 of 62
latest reply

I am very aware of designer products, and EVERY TRUE "MICHELE" watch DOES in fact have this logo. If you don't want to take my word for it, go to the fine jewelry stores and take a look for yourself AND call MICHELE and confirm it with them, as I already have!
Message 20 of 62
latest reply

If I am, for any reason incorrect, I will post of it... But I am going to speak with someone at MICHELE with higher rank to confirm. I would have it shipped out for authenticity by MICHELE but that takes 4 weeks and costs $30. I'm bringing to JR Dunn jewelers, which is where the MICHELE rep told me I should go. Again, if I stand corrected I will post of it!

Message 21 of 62
latest reply

Okay... I am at JR Dunn Jewelers and the watch is in fact NOT authentic. The "MICHELE" watch DOES have the "CE" logo beneath SWISS MOVEMENT. There were other things the jeweler pointed out to me, as well. I learned a HUGE lesson that I hope will help others by posting this... Take care!
Message 22 of 62
latest reply

Hey! I decided to get a secon opinion, and I stand corrected! Not every MICHELE watch has the "CE". Another jeweler said the watch does look authentic. Unfortunately, the watch I did receive has a major defect. Anyway, I just wanted to admitt I was wrong about the "CE". Gotta love humility 🙂

Message 23 of 62
latest reply

Fair enough, but I was not really commenting on the watch, which is not my sort of watch at all, just on what the CE meant.

Message 24 of 62
latest reply

So, after intense investigating, ALL "MICHELE" watches have the "CE" logo in fine print on the back of the watch. I had to actually speak with the supervisor, not a basic rep who apparently didn't know, to get the documentation to support my case with eBay. "MICHELE" company did email documents stating it is not authentic without the "CE" logo. I understand it is not a "MICHELE" logo and what the logo stands for, but it is a logo on ALL "MICHELE" watches. Again, I hope this helps other buyers. I was asked by "MICHELE" to send the watch to them so they can discard of it. God bless to all!!
Message 25 of 62
latest reply

@matthewbryant86 wrote:
I was asked by "MICHELE" to send the watch to them so they can discard of it.

Why not simply toss it in the trash yourself?

I have to admit that I'm finding it a little difficult to believe that some Chinese forger would manage to tool up an entire production run of fake Michele watches, but then manage to omit the CE marking on the back. I'm not saying that there are not fake Michele watches out there (it wasn't too hard to find websites advertising them in the past), but I would not want to assume that the missing CE marking itself was a sign of a fake watch. It seems more likely that it might just denote a watch destined for a different world market. Identifying a fake is typically done by examining details of the style and of the movement inside.

Message 26 of 62
latest reply

You are incorrect, in that I recieved confirmation from MICHELE in a letter that all their watches have the "CE" on the back of the time piece, as it is an international brand. I am returning the watch to the seller, as eBay has given me the go ahead to do this. However, I find it repulsive to return a counterfeit product back to the seller so he can go ahead and scam someone else. But I have to remind myself that God is in control. Returning the watch to the seller was my issue, as I wouldn't have a problem returning it to eBay, MICHELE or authorities. Anyway, this isn't my headache anymore! God bless!
Message 27 of 62
latest reply

Before I close my account with eBay, as I am going to do after I am refunded the money I put towards this watch, I would just like to say that any company/person who insist that a fraudulent product be returned to the thief/scam artist, has no respect for consumers or good people of society! I emailed the document that MICHELE emailed to me, to eBay, and it was determined the watch is unauthentic. With eBay making their final decision for me to return the watch to the criminal instead of having me give it to authorities with papers I would provide for turning it in or have me destroy the watch with me signing documentation stating that I will destroy the watch, disgusts me!! Never will I do business with eBay again, as it is evident they side more with the criminal than the good honest people of society!!! Shame on eBay!!!
Message 28 of 62
latest reply

eBay wants you to return the watch to the seller before enforcing a refund because they will not get into the middle of a he-said/she-said dispute over whether the watch is or is not genuine. You yourself have been all over the place in your prior posts on that point, first saying that someone said it's a fake, then it isn't, then it's a fake again, etc. The best thing for you to do is to return the suspect watch to the seller and just buy locally next time. 

My general take on your adventures to date is that you probably did get a fake, partly because it's not too difficult to find a fake Michele watch on the Internet (regardless of whether it's through eBay or via one of those Chinese "replica" watch sites), and partly because you made a passing reference to other discrepancies that you say the jeweler pointed out to you, which I assume involved the watch design or (especially) the movement inside.

Those errors in the watch design, or the presence of a cheap quartz movement inside where a house-branded movement should be found instead, are much more reliable indicators of real vs. fake. You're really getting hung up on a matter of standardized product markings used in some parts of the world but not not others, when those markings would be trivial to add by a watch forger if they felt the need. You should not hang your decision on the presence or absence of "CE" alone.

Finally, when you return the watch, be sure that you have Delivery Confirmation on the shipment (or Signature Confirmation, if the sale was $750 or higher), or else you may not get your refund if the seller claims that they have not received it back.

As for your eBay account, there's no point in closing it. Just limit your purchases to those items that can be reliably bought over the Internet. If you continue to buy designer watches on-line, regardless of whether it's through eBay or another site, you will continue to encounter fakes if buying from unreliable sellers (especially those from China, Hong Kong or other points in the Far East), so just make independent verification a part of your post-purchase routine, and be prepared for some hefty return shipping charges if needing to prove Delivery Confirmation on a return shipment going all that way back. Good luck.

Message 29 of 62
latest reply

Dear Matthew,

I went through the same thing with Ebay being passed from one rep to the other. (from the Phillipines)  I bought this on a "buy now" and wrote "contingent on the watch being authentic and keeping time". She wrote me "don't worry,watch works fine". Took forever to send and I was worried she wouldn't. Finally arrived and I took one look at the "CSX diamond watch" and brought it to the Jewelry exchange where I was told the diamonds were crystals and the watch was worth about $10. Still wanting it to be real I stopped at a Watch only and repair store and they laughed and apologized. I wrote the seller and her response was"I never said it was real". At this point I had gotten in touch with Ebay. Until the return was completed- they removed my negative Feedback!! This girl had 9 Feedbacks and was selling other designer brand shoes,sunglasses,etc.  Obviously no more authentic than mine! (yes,she advertised it as a Michelle Watch). The supervisor I spoke to said" no problem" and got what I was saying about the $50. and up sunglasses and said yes after the money is returned I SHOULD leave negative FB to warn other customers. even with her admission that it was afake they didn't remove her!! She allowed them to return the money and didn't send me a shipping label. I was told by Ebay just keep it, since she hasn't sent the label. I can't even look at it and will give it to someone . What got me is they never let me leave the FB!  Other customers will buy her fakes unknowingly!  Feedback and the entire purchase was removed from my" purchases"-obviously with her few sales she was more important than me (and i sell from time to time!). I see a So called Michelle on Ebay now for $299. with crystals instead of diamonds which brought me to this page.  Crystals!! Anyway still on Ebay but even more careful,they aren't living up to their policies they set for gold and silver either (precious metals ). I've reported and sent test results through exray machines as proof that their was less than 2% silver and they could care less.Don't buy from China or India if it's silver or gold you are looking for. Just comiserating and understand your frustration!! Good Luck!!

Message 30 of 62
latest reply