cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*BEWARE* Fake Citizen Eco-Drive Watches

I recently got burned on a counterfeit watch that is listed as "Authentic".

I was initially very pleased with the watch until I received a message from another person that had been ripped off by this guy.
I wasn't sure that my watch was a fake until this guy was able to tell me what my serial number was.
He knew my serial number because it was the same as his serial number and the same as ALL OF THE SERIAL NUMBERS because these watches are fake.

After that I began to pay more attention to the detail of the watch and discovered a few flaws.
1. It loses about a minute every other day, you'd think they could make a counterfeit that at least keeps good time.... must be easier said than done.
2. The illumination is wrong. Only the hands illuminate (and they are very faint) An AUTHENTIC watch would illuminate the hands, the "12" and each of the tick marks around the dial.

So I have started the dispute process.
Initial replies stated that my money would be refunded, so I was fine with that... I just need the ridiculous Chinese address so I could send it out.
Once the guy responds with his address he tells me "Send regular air post, no tracking number"... uh-huh, sure thing pal.
Then hidden amongst the wall of text I notice "I will exchange for you"
Uh, excuse me?

We have discussed a refund for days and then he tries to sneak in an "exchange offer" for a watch I would send with no tracking.

Now, I know this guys is a counterfeiter and he is deliberately trying to be deceptive in the dispute process so now I really don't trust him at all.

I'm curious if I can have ebay "middle" this deal for me.
i.e. Give me my money back BEFORE I send this guy his crappy fake watch?

Sorry for the wordiness, I'm a little frazzled by this whole ordeal.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: *BEWARE* Fake Citizen Eco-Drive Watches

Just came across your posting.  It is definitely a fake eco-watch per the guide below.

http://www.watchtalkforum.com/topic/691-citizen-at0365-56le-fake-vs-realguide-to-spot-fake-citizen-w...

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@kickassgoat wrote:

Just came across your posting.  It is definitely a fake eco-watch per the guide below. 

http://www.watchtalkforum.com/topic/691-citizen-at0365-56le-fake-vs-realguide-to-spot-fake-citizen-w...

That guide is interesting reading, especially for the photos. One detail that made me smile is in this photo (below) of a fake movement engraving, from the website above:

Fake_Citizen.jpg

Notice in the image of the fake above, in the red box, the last letter of the engraved "H500M" isn't really an M; it's an upside-down "W" instead.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Could you tell me - Is it fake?

I think ist strange serial number in circle. I think all Citizens have serial number in row, is it corrcet? Thx

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

you know the saying if its to good to be true it probably is.
sometimes its better to try the high street they do have some good deals sometimes, i recentley purchased a chronograph eco drive for £99 reduced from £249.99 which it says on there website and printed on the reciept maybe not the most recent model but you do get a reciept and a 5 year guarantee for piece of mind worth thinking about
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

Just by stuffs from Amazon, it is a much more reliable site than ebay. Especially if you are buy item that is marked as Prime.
Message 35 of 38
latest reply

Any reputable manufacturer that makes quality goods WILL be plagued with fakes.  And sellers should NEVER sell fakes on eBay.  That said, it's quite possible that the seller listed the item in good faith not knowing that it was a fake.  I'm sure it happens...  But a simple "I think this is a fake" by the buyer should be sufficient for the seller to issue both an immeddiate apology and an equally-immediate refund.

Bur the majority of sellers who sell fakes on eBay probably are nefarious.  And the majority of buyers who buy a fake on eBay will (unfortunately) never know that they spent their hard-earned money on a fake.

I can understand why eBay doesn't get more involved - it takes a great deal of professional scrutiny, sometimes, to determine whether or not an item is a replica.  So until that day comes when all people choose to live by the golden rule, the buyers' motto shall continue to be "caveat emptor."

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

Open an ebay dispute..they will cover any loses...you can google call ebay..
and talk to a live person, they can walk u threw it if need be.
Good Luck
Oh by the way, what are the serial numbers.
my email is ibuyolddolls@gmail.com
I also may have a similar watch.
Thank u
Michelle
Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Unfortunatly in my experience neither Ebay nor Paypal took the loss.  Ebay simple said to the seller to refund half.   Paypal said not valid transaction to a scam and to contact my credit card company.  As soon as they hear online shopping they will refund me, which they did despite the fact it was not their fault.   If Paypal paid the money to the scammer from my account and it was not valid then it was down to their lack of security but they won't admit that.  Can't complain about Paypal because it is an off shore company.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply