cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone heard of Algex brand watches?

I have a men's Algex Automatic diver's watch that appears to be fairly vintage (I am guessing 1960's-1980's) It seems very well made and heavy like a high-end watch, but I can find no information on the brand.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Anyone heard of Algex brand watches?

Is it possible that it is Alflex, not Algex - lots of google hits for Alfex.....

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

No, it's definitely Algex.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I'd say it is just another random brandname. I have never heard of it and it is not a known 'quality' name.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I found  info on a company called Algex.  Algex Watches Australia is a Jewelry-Watches-Wholesale business serving the Melbourne community in Victoria, Australia. I found an ended auction for a Swiss ladies watch private labeled with their name Algex. It is possible that your watch is by a well known maker but was private labeled for this company to sell under their name. Pictures of the watch and it's movement may help some of some of the people more acquainted with wrist watches then I am help you identify it.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thank you very much for the information. I will check into it. I will try to post photos of the watch soon.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I had an algex watch as a kid ( around 40yrs ago) , it had a swiss automatic movement from memory . I have been trying to get some info on the brand for some time with little success. Have you found out anything new since your original post ?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I have one, which I have had for 30 years.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Interestingly I was given a beautiful Swiss automatic divers watch for Christmas 1980, I was 12. It was stolen when I was 17 and the brand was definitely Algex. The watch was beautifully made with screw lens, stainless steel body and bezel and was much the superior to the then very popular Seiko Sports 100.
Definitely Swiss. Wish I could find a replacement.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I have an algex watch. It's Lovely. I bought it from paddington market in Sydney about 12 years ago. I don't know the history but I'd say it's an old Australian brand.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I have an algex watch. Bought from paddington market in Sydney about 12 years ago. I don't know the history but I'd say it's an old Australian brand.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Swiss brand watch 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Algex Watch

Message 15 of 17
latest reply