cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORNINGWARE 9 CUP PERCOLATOR RECALL

chgo11216wc7
Enthusiast
Hi, I know that the cornflower blue non electric coffee pot percolator was recalled in the 70's. Because of this, is it not allowable to list this item? Thank you for your help.
Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: CORNINGWARE 9 CUP PERCOLATOR RECALL

This looks like my mom's coffeepot from when I was a kid in the 60's.  I have had it for years, and tried making coffee with it but grounds kept getting in the coffee because I didn't have the brew basket lid.  Finally bought one yesterday, and can hardly wait to try it out.  I"m glad I found this site because I had no idea there had been a recall, or why.  Since mine probably hasn't been used in years, hopefully the glue is still intact.  Even if I can't use it, I still love seeing it sitting on my stovetop.  I adore Corning Ware and prize the cooking pieces of hers I still have.

Message 46 of 74
latest reply

My sister just bought one of these coffee pots and it also does NOT have the lid to the coffee ground holder....where did you find one?

@lindakay731 wrote:

This looks like my mom's coffeepot from when I was a kid in the 60's.  I have had it for years, and tried making coffee with it but grounds kept getting in the coffee because I didn't have the brew basket lid.  Finally bought one yesterday, and can hardly wait to try it out.  I"m glad I found this site because I had no idea there had been a recall, or why.  Since mine probably hasn't been used in years, hopefully the glue is still intact.  Even if I can't use it, I still love seeing it sitting on my stovetop.  I adore Corning Ware and prize the cooking pieces of hers I still have.

Message 47 of 74
latest reply

Hi Linda,

I use my stovetop percolators (involved in the recall) for storing or serving coffee only never perk coffee in them the heat can weeken the handle over time. I took out the pump/basket and pour already made coffee in them and serve. Then pour some in a cup and reheat in the microwave works too.

My electric E-1210 (not involved in recall) I still use as a percolator everyday and never a problem and it is 40 years old as of this year. What I buy are coffee disk coffee filters and wet the basket before adding the coffee grounds when filling the pot with water. I do remember in the ealry 70's most people had some type of percolator and we just did not drink the last little bit of coffee in the cup, because of some coffee grounds always ended up in the bottom of everyone's cup.

Hope this helps,

Message 48 of 74
latest reply

Hi Can you tell me where you found the lid?

Message 49 of 74
latest reply

Hi There

I just bought a 6 cup percolator stove top corningware on eba, what does yours look like I do not see a picture for comparison.  From what I have read its the handle thats the issue.  Thanks  L

Message 50 of 74
latest reply

I too am looking for a brew basket lid for the 9-cup perculator?  Where did you find yours?

Message 51 of 74
latest reply

When you find out let me know. I have the same issue with the lid missing.

Jacque

Message 52 of 74
latest reply

Mine did not come with a lid for the brew basket and it was purchased new back around 1970. The problem with the grounds is probably why I stopped using it. The lid must have been a later addition/modification.
Message 53 of 74
latest reply

Hi, I just recently bought at a market the 9 cup cornflower coffee percolator, and after reading  this thread, I am unable to sell it on eBay. I've decided to use it as a water jug so do not need to use the coffee filter insert.  If you were interested in it you can let me know at Kerry dot t at eye cloud dot com.

Cheers

Message 54 of 74
latest reply

I recently bought a P-80 on eBay. It is in very good cxondition and I intend to use it to make coffee. After reading the recall information, it seems that there were only 4000 failures in over 100,000 percolators. I believe those odds are small enough that I will use the percolator. I used on for years that my mother had bought in the 60s and have missed it after it broke (pot broke from a drop). I have looked for another and am glad I found this one. 

Message 55 of 74
latest reply

So how have 133 of them sold on ebay in the last 90 days.  There are 11 listed now.  Right now

Message 56 of 74
latest reply

So how have 133 of them sold on ebay in the last 90 days.  And there are 11 listed currently

Message 57 of 74
latest reply

133 of them have sold on ebay in the last 90 days.  There are 11 currently listed

Message 58 of 74
latest reply

I got suspended from selling for 3 days and it wasn't even on the recall list. Ebay said that a seller MIGHT think it was the one recalled. So they suspended me for nothing. Gave me a small vacation so no big deal.
Message 59 of 74
latest reply

1. I use a recalled 9-cup stovetop percolator everyday
Message 60 of 74
latest reply