cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORNINGWARE 9 CUP PERCOLATOR RECALL

chgo11216wc7
Enthusiast
Hi, I know that the cornflower blue non electric coffee pot percolator was recalled in the 70's. Because of this, is it not allowable to list this item? Thank you for your help.
Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: CORNINGWARE 9 CUP PERCOLATOR RECALL

No, Ebay won't let you list them. And it's all the tall non electric percolators no matter the design.. It's because of how the handle is glued on. The glue will wear out and the hot pot will fall from the handle.

I tried to list a coffee pot and it got pulled. Mine even had the screws to hold the handle on, and they said no.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 74
latest reply

Yep. I learned that the hard way several years ago.
Message 3 of 74
latest reply

We had one of the Corning electric percolators and used it for years.

We heard about a recall notice from Corning for the coffee pot, and I contacted them. They sent a cardboard box (with prepaid mailing), and you were supposed to send them a part (I don't remember which one) from the percolator (which rendered the percolator inoperative).

As a replacement, Corning offered a catalog that offered Corning items at a "special price".

Well, it turned out that you could buy the same Corning items at local stores for cheaper prices than their "special prices".

So, in essence, Corning was offering less than nothing in return for the recalled coffee pots.

We kept our coffee pot and used it for years. We checked the handle frequently, but it never came loose. On one of our several moves, the electric percolator assembly disappeared, and we gave the pot to someone else who also rejected the corning "special prices" offer.

Yes, the other posters are correct - you cannot sell the coffee pots on eBay.

John

People in debt often confuse the word "need" with "want". People who do not succeed often confuse the word "can't" with "won't". - John -
Message 4 of 74
latest reply

So, can you sell the 'electric' cornflower blue coffee pot?
Message 5 of 74
latest reply

Nope, no Corning coffee pots, whether electric or stovetop.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 74
latest reply

Really I see Pyrex coffee pots sold on here all the time?? Some go for $$. Is there certain ones that are allowed?

Mari & Keri

Photobucket

Every Little Thing....Gonna Be Alright
Message 7 of 74
latest reply

Pyrex you can sell, it's the Corning coffee pots you can't.

The Pyrex ones have screws holding the handle on. The Corning ones without the screws on handles are the ones that were recalled and are banned from Ebay.

I had a Corning coffee pot, one of the first ones made with the screws and they stopped my auction. The reply was that they ban all the Corning pots. It doesn't make sense, but what can you do? You will see them here though, by people who don't know and unless they are caught or reported, they will sell. But I wouldn't want to take that chance now.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 74
latest reply

Strange, because I see them all the time at the local Flea Markets.
Message 9 of 74
latest reply

Strange, because I see them all the time at the local Flea Markets.

Just one of many items that should not be sold that can be found at local flea markets.

Senior Lament: My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be. John

People in debt often confuse the word "need" with "want". People who do not succeed often confuse the word "can't" with "won't". - John -
Message 10 of 74
latest reply

I had one pulled the other day and there is one on there now under the name CORELLE?!?
Message 11 of 74
latest reply

yeah ,,I had a non electric one pulled the other day.The recall states coffee makers ,which would be electric ones.Mine is not electric but they said they don't have time to sort through them so you can't list any corning ware ones,no matter what.some people try to get them through as corelle but inevitably they get pulled.
Message 12 of 74
latest reply

enferno47
Enthusiast
I contacted Corning concerning this 9 cup Cornflower pot. This is the response I got..........

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. The pot in question that you sent us a photo of with details is NOT part of the recall. This pot is one the the replacement pots that we gave to our consumers who had the older recalled pots. This pot IS safe to use.

If you have any future questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for being a Corning Customer.
The Corning Team

Since I received this email, I have listed AND SOLD SEVERAL of these pots on ebay, yet my most recent listing WAS cancelled. I sent a copy of the email to ebay showing them this IS NOT a recalled pot and they did not want to hear what Corning had to say. You can still go to stores in my local town and PURCHASE these pots with NO problem, yet ebay DOES NOT allow them to be listed
Message 13 of 74
latest reply

Interesting reply you got from Corning -"This pot is one the the replacement pots that we gave to our consumers who had the older recalled pots.

I can attest to the fact that no such pots were offered as replacements when the recall occurred. I had several back and forth correspondence letters with Corning about that recall, and all that was offered was a discount book from which you could purchase items (at a higher cost than I could get the same items for locally).
Message 14 of 74
latest reply

pathasantiques
Enthusiast

Just for the 9 cup? why not the 6 cup? Guess I too learned the hard way, listed one today and they pulled it within 10 miniutes.

Said I can sell the inside parts, just not the ceremic pot, so guess that is what I will do.

Message 15 of 74
latest reply