cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

researching formal vintage dress label=ALVCE / ALYCE

Hi, I am here on this board trying to find additional information prior to listing an item.  The label on the formal beaded dress reads ALVCE (cursive) but when I do a search it refers me to ALYCE which I know is a legit formal dress label.  I even did a Goggle search for ALVCE and it brought up all the ALYCE dresses.  Are any of you board members fimiliar with the ALVCE label or am I reading the cursive letters incorrectly?.  All comments and info would be much appreciated before I list. If a photo of the label is required I will post it later.  Thanks. Joci

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, Anyone out there checking on this board to offer comments and solution? In the past when I came to this board with questions there were several boardies always willing to answer. Just reading some of the post here this may not be the active board I need to post my question on. Can someone advise. Thanks. Joci
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I think you'd get a better response if you posted a photograph of the dress and as well as a photograph of the label.  Just a suggestion.

Debora

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ALYCE more likely.  

Here is trademark registration.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4807:htxhee.3.3

Debora

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Debora, thanks so much for the info.  I used to have the Trademark page bookmarked but somehow it got lost.  Could not find anything for ALVCE but did for ALYCE.  Ceased in 1995.  If I get a chance I will take a photo of the label and I think that you would agree after seeing it that it was confusing.  I am familar with the Alyce design dresses as they are very formal.  When researching on EBAY most of the auctions listed for Alyce were for the younger crowd. This dress is very formal but MOB or even thinking DRAG or theater.  Thanks again for your replies and info.  Joci

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Here we go again.  I am using my last post to request info as to how I can post a new topic for info.  I went on my page but I cannot find where it says to post.  If anyone is reading this please respond.  thank you so much.  Joci

Message 6 of 6
latest reply