eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

liveshopdie
Community Member

Re: Best Venue 4 Holy Grail 60's? Bell Bottom Paisley Crushed Velveteen Hip Hugger Pants

in reply to liveshopdie

Here are a couple more:

http://sammydvintage.com/vintage-style/union-labels-ilgwu/

http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/ilgwu/

I simply googled ebay guide to union labels and found quite a few to look at.

Please use plain text.
liveshopdie
Community Member

Re: Best Venue 4 Holy Grail 60's? Bell Bottom Paisley Crushed Velveteen Hip Hugger Pants

in reply to tauriel*s

Have you seen our beloved Ikwewe's guides to union labels?

http://www.ebay.com/gsr/i.html?uid=ikwewe&rt=nc

Please use plain text.
tauriel*s
Community Member

in reply to liveshopdie

Thanks all for the comments. As close as I can figure these translate to approx. a modern 5 long/tall +/-. I steamed and brushed them out last night and they are spectacular! Not a flaw :smileyhappy: Still looking to nail down the date if I can from the Union Tag....They may be as early as mid 60's.

Please use plain text.
liveshopdie
Community Member

in reply to tauriel*s

tauriel_1 wrote:

OK, Actual Measurements Laid Flat:

Waist 14"(across top)

Hip 18.5" (at widest)

Front Rise 11"

Back Rise 13"

Inseam 31.5"

Length 41"

I would double the measurements. Why make your customers do the math?

Please use plain text.
empressjadeoftheuniverse
Community Member

in reply to tauriel*s

I would just list as a medium and put in a statement that you have to refer to the actual measurements of the pants.  Size #'s are so variable you cannot rely on the old size tag at all.  Great pants!

Please use plain text.
tauriel*s
Community Member

in reply to tauriel*s

OK, Actual Measurements Laid Flat:

Waist 14"(across top)

Hip 18.5" (at widest)

Front Rise 11"

Back Rise 13"

Inseam 31.5"

Length 41"

Please use plain text.
tauriel*s
Community Member

in reply to vintagegirl1919

Thank you mad and vintage :smileyhappy:

I am trying to figure out the size and it seems Vintage Junior 11 is like a modern small 3-4?  but the pants measure 28" across the top of the pants and 36"  at the widest part of the hips,.... too big for 3-4?. Can anyone recommend a good site that shows vintage to modern size chart for Juniors? I am not finding much, also here is a pic of the union label, What does the "cs" stand for? does the tag give any clues as to year or any other info? Thanks for looking :smileyhappy:

IMG_6343 copy.jpg

Please use plain text.
vintagegirl1919
Community Member

in reply to tauriel*s

Hi,

Love those pants! I think you'll do really well with them. I just sold a pair of the same color for a decent price (56.00) at auction, but yours are new with tags, have a great print, and are bobbie brooks. Mine were so tiny - a 23" waist!

You could always list at auction for the minimum amount you'll take for them. I would definitely choose auction. Mine went for more than I thought they would, I had been thinking of listing them as buy it now for 19.99.

Please use plain text.
madmom000
Community Member

in reply to tauriel*s
Bobbie Brooks has an interesting history. Bobbie Brooks is now sold in a dollar store chain /: I think these are 1968-72. The company had teens/youth on their design board so they were on the pulse point of trendy hip fashion. Unfortunately Bobbie Brooks in itself has not proved to be overly collected. That said, design, fabric and being new old stock knock these out of the park. I think it would be great to put on high end auction house but you will probably pay higher commission. (They may not want to consign Bobbie b stuff...) You will never know if you don't try!
THIRTY-FIRST STREET VINTAGE
Please use plain text.
tauriel*s
Community Member

in reply to madmom000

Gina, thanks for your comments :smileyhappy: Yes, they are over the top "B.itchin'" lol , I think the best find in clothes for me yet!  Do you think these are 60's or 70s? looking around I am seeing almost all bell bottoms listed as 70's, any way to tell from the tags? Also I'm actually considering sending these to a high end auction house, I think they could go through the roof if the right eyes could see them. I know Christie's has a couple auctions a year that offer vintage clothing, I was wondering if there was another auction venue that specializes in vintage clothing. These are truly fantastic Pants!! Best part...$2 find :womansurprised: I have to say I am falling in love with these pants, they are just gorgeous! Thanks again for your input :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
madmom000
Community Member

in reply to tauriel*s

Great pants Great Find! I think you have a great Title in the works and your enthusiasm translates into your description creating even more interest. Gorgeous! I would say that they are rayon velvet and maybe the nylon is the base fabric that you see on the inside? Just call 'em rayon velvet is what I would suggest.

The odd numbers (3-7-9-11-13) referred to juniors clothing but the actual measurements will be important.

Great find! There are alot of variables on choosing auction v.s. fixed price! Pants can be a harder sell as the right size has to come along...by listing fixed price at what you think they are worth will get them some exposure. (If you had a store you could choose a 30 day duration). If they don't sell and you don't have alot invested you should perhaps auction them 10 days ending on Sun, Wed, or Thursday night.

I did a search on completed velvet bell bottoms and you may want to check that out. A nos levis went for under $99 (not printed velvet)

Also, if you have any other cool vintage clothing it would be a good idea to list them too as folks will look at your other listings once you list something so AWESOME as these lol!

Hope you make $$ and have a smooth easy transaction! Maybe a fashion museum will buy them? 

Thanks for sharing. I love them!

Gina

THIRTY-FIRST STREET VINTAGE
Please use plain text.
tauriel*s
Community Member

Best Venue 4 Holy Grail 60's? Bell Bottom Paisley Crushed Velveteen Hip Hugger Pants

[ Edited ]

Help Please! Age, Material, Auction Venue??  I found these Stunning, late 1960's?? Bobbie Brooks,  Mint w/ tags  Dark Rasberry marked "WINE"  Crushed Velvet/Velveteen?? Paisley Bell Bottom Low Rider Hip Hugger Pants and am wondering what the absolutly best auction Venue I could hope to sell these on? Also they say size 11 but look more like 7 / 8? Bells are a huge 13" across. What is this material called? it looks like nice med/ heavy 'velveteen?' marked 100% RAYON and marked 100% NYLON...?

I'm telling you Janis Joplin would have played a free concert to own these! not to mention ANY Hollywood Starlet/Singer/Performer might pay big bucks 4 them!! If I thought I could ever fit these you would have to pry them from my cold dead hands, LOL. If I had found these in high school (71-74) I would have lived in these until they were shreds :womansurprised:

IMG_6339 copy.jpg

IMG_6323 copy.jpg

IMG_6327 copy.jpg

IMG_6331 copy.jpg

IMG_6333 copy.jpg

IMG_6340 copy.jpg

IMG_6345 copy.jpg

IMG_6339 copy.jpg

Please use plain text.