eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
How to Escalate a Case

I filed a case for non-receipt of an item on Sept. 4th.  The email told me to wait until Sept. 12th before escalating the case.  It is now Sept. 13th and I would like to escalate the case further as I have not been contacted by the seller.  I have read there is a pull down menu for escalating the matter but that does not exist on my case details page.  If it is there, I don't know where to look.  Should I go ahead and file thru Paypal at this point?

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hacksaw1082tq3

I think that they make it impossible to do anything so that people just give up.

caltrop18
Community Member
Answered

You click on the case to view it, click the "add a message" link, this takes you to the "Respond to your case" page.  One of the drop-down options is to escalate the case.

I had to do a google image search for the screen I wanted, then I finally figured it out.

sdimchev
Community Member
Answered

I have same problem. Don't know how to escalate the case. The link in 2noggins' answer is not active anymore.
I wrote about not delivered item a few day ago and today is the deadline for further procesing.
Where actualy I have to click or to mark for escalating this case?

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

Sorry, once you have filed with eBay, you cannot file with PayPal.

Instead, Try eBay's Contact Us link for more assistance.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
Community Member
Answered

Read this tip, especially post 5 of 10. Let us know if it helped.

http://answercenter.ebay.com/tip/Miscellaneous/Ebay-Buyer-Protection/1000253232

Community Member
Answered

Nice to know my TIP was helpful. You don't have to Try eBay's Contact Us link unnecessarily.

Community Member
Answered

Thank you.  Got the case escalated!

sdimchev
Community Member
Answered

I was able to manage. Sorry.

Community Member
Answered
Hi, I have escalated a case but eBay says I have to wait for their email as they need more time for the case. Any idea how long I have to wait?