cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help to identify these Japan vinyl action figures. Japanese markings. larger 10" small 5"

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

need help to identify these Japan vinyl action figures. Japanese markings. larger 10" small 5"

The figure in the green suit with the leaves on the face is "Rainbow Man, Tree Incarnation."  I can tell that even if you know the name of the figure and even which company made it, they are not all identical and not created equal. The figures you have may date back to the '70s, or earlier. Many of the sites and pictures I see online are in Japanese. It would be like trying to list a  figure most of us know in the U.S. (say, Spider-Man) and there are probably dozens and dozens of different versions of him in the form of an action figure. Sure looks like you have some very cool (and probably valuable) vintage Japanese action hero figures. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The action figure with the partially unzipped suit was made by Nakajima Seisakusho Co. of Japan. I'll see if I can identify the names of that figure and pos 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Those are some pricey Japanese action figures.  I see others made by Nakajima Seisakusho Co. that sold out for 30,000 yen which is abt. $270 current U.S. dollars.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Great, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I want to list them, but hate to do so without knowing what they are. It would be great if you can also tell me the names! I am very greatful!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Also, I think they are known as "sofubi." 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I think the figure in red and green on the far right is:  "Vintage Japanese Masked KAMEN Rider V-3, POPY brand, pre-1980." Look at current listing:

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The green figure with stripes is also a vintage Kamen Rider.  Google search "The Moog Dump." There are pictures of vintage figures there.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The figure in the white suit with the removable helmet is "Rainbow Man."

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The figure in the green suit with the leaves on the face is "Rainbow Man, Tree Incarnation."  I can tell that even if you know the name of the figure and even which company made it, they are not all identical and not created equal. The figures you have may date back to the '70s, or earlier. Many of the sites and pictures I see online are in Japanese. It would be like trying to list a  figure most of us know in the U.S. (say, Spider-Man) and there are probably dozens and dozens of different versions of him in the form of an action figure. Sure looks like you have some very cool (and probably valuable) vintage Japanese action hero figures. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply