cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing negative feedback on terrible sellers profile

I had a major problem with a very bad seller called dadsbrasstrains.  They were so bad in fact that i left negative feedback at the time (late April) which is not something I have ever done because I always have positive experiences.

I noticed today that all negative feedback has disappeared from their ratings, and they are displaying 100% positive feedback.  I am concerned, not for me, as I am long done with their fraudulent dealings, but that other buyers out there will go through a negative experience because their rating is being falsely represented.  They had multiple negative comments that have all disappeared.  How does that happen?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

seems they have has 43 revised...and probably they were more than 12 montghs old, so will not show in %...

but as far as a bad seller...I see nothing really that shows me that, in fact looks normal..a few neutrals /negs happen , even to the best of them...

your experience may not have gone well, but i'm sure there is another side to the story...and if as you say you left a negative last april...maybe ebay toook it off per seller call to them...or whatever you wrote was a violation...  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Well revising the score is misleading to other buyers who might fall for his trap like i did.

as for the rest of your reply, you are only looking at stats, and in fact the wrong stats that we are talking about, so you don't know the whole picture of how this seller treated me, and the fraud they committed.  It was shocking to say the least.  Unfortunate that you would choose to suggest i am the one who violated something without your actually knowing any of the facts.  Victim blaming is not an appropriate behaviour.

anyway as i stated in my first post, i only want to help other buyers from having the same experience i did.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If you mentioned refund in the comment, eBay removes the negative. If you opened a case and the seller won, the negative is removed.  If you threatened or mentioned a negative in an email, the seller can contact eBay and the neg. is removed. There are other reasons for removal .  Sorry. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay has removed negative feedback that I left for a seller in the past also. Didn't violate any rules. That's when I lost faith in the feedback system. Apparently some high volume sellers can get it removed. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I also got a non paying bidder with a 100% rating. E-bay opened a case and refunded my fees and said it would show on his record, but he still has a perfect score. I guess they're afraid of offending a potential buyer, and the seller can just lump it. I couldn't even FIND a place to leave negative feedback. When I quizzed the buyer about why he didn't pay, he told me to "ram it". No faith in the system anymore, either.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

To fergusonluvr2012: If a member only buys items, they can't have anything but 100% positive feedback, because a seller can't leave negative fb for a buyer, no matter what the buyer does/doesn't do. It's been that way for a long time. It's frustrating when you get a lousy buyer, and it happens to a lot of us. As far as non paying bidders, I usually list everything as a Buy It Now, and then you don't have to worry about bidders not paying. That might be helpful, if you're open to selling your items that way. Also, if someone doesn't pay, I wouldn't message them as to why they didn't. Maybe a reminder to pay so you can ship their item, but eBay automatically emails/messages buyers now, so you don't really need to. Just open a case, sounds like you did that. His fb rating may still be 100, but the unpaid item IS on his record, and if they get too many, eBay can do something about it, plus a lot of sellers set their preferences so their items aren't even available to buyers with 1, 2, or how many ever unpaid items in a certain amount of time. So it's there, you just can't see it. Hope that helps.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If you left a legitimate negative fb and it was removed, I'd do everything you could to find out why. That way if you ever need to leave a neg again, you'll know what's okay/not okay. I had a buyer leave a neg once because they said my starting bid was too high (yet they bid and won the item) and eBay actually removed it because buyer was complaining about something that was obviously stated. I was (pleasantly) surprised it was removed, fb is almost set in stone 🙂 So I'd try to figure out what the problem was. I rarely leave neg fbs, but when I feel the need to, I'd want to be able to have them stand.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Did you open a case.  I thought that if the case was closed, any feedback would be removed.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You may also want to check the "immediate payment required" option. It saves a lot of hassles dealing with non-paying buyers.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

For about 8-9 years now, sellers have been forbidden from leaving anything except positive FB for buyers, so that's more than likely the reason the FB you left the buyer is gone.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply