cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay has totally screwed up the Model Railroading Category. Please start complaining here!

ebay has totally screwed up the Model Railroad Category. It is important you start complaining here and also calling them, they are out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

ebay has totally screwed up the Model Railroading Category. Please start complaining here!

+1 to all this...

Message 31 of 73
latest reply

I am an S Scale and S gauge buyer and I used to be able to search by manufacturer. I now have discovered that when I put in the manufacturers name it searches and finds 19,000 items that I have to sift through. The genius that thought this garbage up should be fired but not until he puts ebay search back the way it was. Can't find anything anymore so will not buy on Ebay until they change back to the old search parameters. This is a mess.

Message 32 of 73
latest reply

For what it's worth, I just spoke with an eBay customer support rep that told me the category problem is a technical issue that they are working on and have placed it as top priority. Now whether or not that is the whole truth remains to be seen. They were probably testing a possible future change and it went worse than anticipated and they are now scrambling to resolve the screw up. At least the CS rep spoke English so that was a plus.  

Message 33 of 73
latest reply

How do you find a phone number to call. It seems that the contact Ebay page will not give the phone number to call. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 34 of 73
latest reply

You have to just work your way through the contact us page until you see "Call Us"
Message 35 of 73
latest reply

You have to guess right before they allow you to bother them with a call. By guess right I mean you got to select a given option that enables the contact section that follows. When you do manage get it active, have tem call you, otherwise you will be on hold all day!

Message 36 of 73
latest reply

I agree. 

The whole reorganizing of the Lionel category is a mess.

Please return it back to the way it was.

I can barely search anything I'm interested in, haven't been buying and certainly won't be selling under this design. 

Message 37 of 73
latest reply

Have been on Ebay buying and selling for a few years but this CHANGE screws up my listings and searches for the items I am actually interested in buying. I hope someone takes note that it is NOT only in Model Trains but in other groups as well that this has taken place. May have to go back to hobby shops and GArage sales fo find the items I am interested in without the hastle

Message 38 of 73
latest reply

@sealtm wrote:

Have been on Ebay buying and selling for a few years but this CHANGE screws up my listings and searches for the items I am actually interested in buying. I hope someone takes note that it is NOT only in Model Trains but in other groups as well that this has taken place. May have to go back to hobby shops and GArage sales fo find the items I am interested in without the hastle

This the first I have heard about Model railroad  category issues  cause by ebay  .   I will have take  a look .   I have not heard of  any problems on powerseller board  about Model railroad category  issues.  

Message 39 of 73
latest reply

So, today I can't find "Brass Imports" in the "Brands" selection..... My market on Ebay is dead......This new format demonstrates a level of ignorance in Ebay's managment to the market concept.  

Message 40 of 73
latest reply

Since they are not changing back can anyone list the websites here for other model railroading online auction sites. If they won't recognize the error they have made and the aggravation they have caused then it is time to go somewhere else to spend my money. Lets give other buyers the competitions website and start the money flow away from an organization that really could care less about American sellers and buyers. May they fill there pockets with Chinese revenue and the headaches that go along with it. So UNAMERICAN now. Please someone list the websites.

Message 41 of 73
latest reply

Called ebay today to complain about the changes.... the rep was unaware of any changes made to the categories..... what... and I call THEM for help.  The model railroading site is a total mess and the auction prices are reflecing that.

Message 42 of 73
latest reply

The Wargames category has suffered a similar fate since this last Saturday. Difficult to devine eBay's intention here...

Message 43 of 73
latest reply

I am a veteran buyer and seller of model trains for several years.  I cannot express my dissatisfaction with the "new" categories.  I cannot find anything!!   The model train category DID NOT NEED "FIXING"!!!!!!!!!!   **bleep** , EBAY.   Put it back as it was!!

Message 44 of 73
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

These mental giants have to be connected to this present government, with the unsatible need to fix something that is working. If this isn't corrected my eBay selling and buying days are over.

Message 45 of 73
latest reply